Author Topic: Does this describe your BitShares process?  (Read 2245 times)

Offline hadrian

• View Profile
  • BitShares: hadrian
Oh bollocks!

I'm disappointed with you lot!

You were supposed to motivate me to buy some NXT!

Why would we do that.

We already had to deal with a couple NXT supporters intentionally spreading untrue FUD about bitshares and telling people to buy NXT.

Because I keep failing at a task I've set myself, and was hoping for some support! [Where's the emoticon for 'tongue in cheek'?)

I can get close to buying NXT, but every time I fall at the last hurdle and end up with more BTSX.

OK - I'll give up on my whimsical and self-imposed goal of getting a load of NXT. I'll go with my head, heart, intestines and soul...
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Oh bollocks!

Why would we do that.

We already had to deal with a couple NXT supporters intentionally spreading untrue FUD about bitshares and telling people to buy NXT.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline hadrian

• View Profile
Oh bollocks!

Now I may have to buy more BTSX! :'( :D :'( :D :'( :D :D

Offline Ander

• View Profile
I will buy enough to get to the point that I am just a little bit uncomfortable but not too uncomfortable with my position in crypto (i.e. BitShares). After all, I should not "invest more than I can afford to lose."

Hehe, yeah.

When we dropped to 2 cents, I added enough into BTSX to make myself uncomfortable. 
Then we dropped to 1.5 cents and it hurt, but I managed to put in even more.   At that point I was VERY uncomfortable.

Ever since the partnership with remitabit / John Underwood was announced, I've been really happy and just waiting for the price to rise back above all my buy points. :)

Offline arhag

• View Profile
    • My posts on Steem
  • BitShares: arhag
  • GitHub: arhag
Nice one hadrian. I had a similar process:
  • Oh, this BitAsset concept is brilliant. If it works, it solves the biggest problem with Bitcoin: the lack of short-term price stability. Plus, they seem to want to implement this feature on a proof-of-stake consensus system and get away from all that wasteful mining. Awesome!
  • I would like to get in on this. I'm still skeptical if all this prediction market stuff will maintain a peg. But it is a worthwhile experiment to try and I want it to exist. I guess this means I need to get some Protoshares. But wait, what's this? Angelshares? I get a better deal in terms of the stake I get by donating funds into this Angelshares crowdfund than I would just holding Protoshares AND I get to support the development of this cool technology? Sounds good to me. Only downside seems to be losing liquidity, but that's okay since I am in it for the long haul anyway. But I can't afford to give too much. This is all very experimental, the concept may not work at all, and who knows if this guy will even deliver on his promise.
  • The snapshot for BTSX has been announced. Good thing I donated what I felt comfortable with before the ensuing rise in daily donations!
  • Although I think the big money is in BTSX, some of these other DAC ideas like DNS look promising. Plus, this new DPOS consensus algorithm is brilliant, and the daily donation amount has dropped significantly. I would be crazy not to put a little more money into this BitShares ecosystem and get access to the stake of future DACs. So let me donate a little more to AGS post Feb 28.
  • BitShares X is out and trading on BTER. I have seen bytemaster evolve the consensus system from a variation on a POW algorithm to TaPOS + Ripple-style consensus (with all of Ripple's UNL flaws) to this novel and brilliant DPOS system. Some people complain about all the changes and delays, but I love that he is always striving to improve the system to be better and better. Also, he understands decentralization is just a means not an end, it shouldn't be followed like a religion, and there are wonderful benefits in efficiency that are gained by limiting and managing the amount of decentralization. I appreciate this pragmatic line of thinking, and also love that it has led to a wonderful technology like DPOS, which has actually been built and is working. The potential for this technology is big even if BitAssets fail. But of course if BitAssets succeed, then it is HUGE. I've seen enough. Now is the time to sell my BTC holdings and trade them all for BTSX. But I shouldn't put any more of my fiat into crypto, since that would be irresponsible of me. After all, the BitAsset concept is totally experimental and unproven. And even if it works there is a risk that Bitcoin can just copy all the technology and kill BTSX.
  • Holy crap BTSX is down below the $40 million market cap! It hasn't been this low since its rapid rise in August from its all time low at a market cap under $20 million! It is likely because of all of the merger and dilution talk scaring some stakeholders. But that is crazy. There is now more information/evidence available that suggests BitShares has a higher likelihood of success than there was back in August. BitAssets have been implemented and seem to be working! That is huge deal! Also, dilution will allow us to fund the delegates that can grow this system faster than any other system that refuses dilution. And the merger means the network effect will be stronger and the marketing message will be simpler. Why the hell are people selling?!? No matter, it's time for me to buy up more of this cheap BTSX. Off to Coinbase to buy more BTC. I will buy enough to get to the point that I am just a little bit uncomfortable but not too uncomfortable with my position in crypto (i.e. BitShares). After all, I should not "invest more than I can afford to lose."
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 06:55:00 pm by arhag »

Offline Ander

• View Profile

And to contribute to the community more since September than I have managed the whole year.
:)

Thanks!

Offline hadrian

• View Profile
No, my process was:

Learn about bitshares in september.

Buy more every time the price hits a new low.

Try to explain to people who apparently cannot understand anything how the merger to BTS works.  Watch them keep dumping BTSX even though its better than ever.

And to contribute to the community more since September than I have managed the whole year.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
I am curious did you go directly BTC -->BTSX, or did you go through any other alt coins in the process?

When I got frustrated with bitcoin, I investigated many altcoins, and spent some of my BTC to buy BTSX, DOGE, NXT, and DRK. 

After more research, I sold the DOGE, NXT and DRK for more BTSX.  (I even made a big profit on the DOGE, and a little bit on the DRK).

Then I put a bunch more BTC into BTSX in the past two weeks as the price tanked.

zerosum

No, my process was:

Try to explain to people who apparently cannot understand anything how the merger to BTS works.  Watch them keep dumping BTSX even though its better than ever.
It is both good to hear and a amazing example why it will be always a good time to buy/join Bitshares; Not only now but in the years to come.

I am curious did you go directly BTC -->BTSX, or did you go through any other alt coins in the process?

Offline Ander

• View Profile
No, my process was:

Offline feedthemcake

• View Profile
I wonder if people will feel the same way about the Bitshares Music AGS fund...

http://www1.agsexplorer.com/

Offline Ander

• View Profile
Can anyone here motivate me to get some NXT please? :D

But...Bitshares is like better NXT. 

Offline hadrian

• View Profile
  • Hmmm...this BitShares thing looks promising. Protoshares? I'm gonna get some.
  • Oooh, what's this? Angelshares? I'm in! How much should I donate? I fundamentally love the ideas behind BitShares and trust the people. I'd like to go all in, but I've got a family to support. I'm going to put a significant chunk into it, but not too much - I must be responsible!
  • Oh shit, oh shit!!! The snapshot for BitsharesX has been announced and I've not given enough to Angelshares. Oh bugger, the daily donation amount has gone right up! Gonna put more in, but can't go crazy - I've got the children's future to think about!
  • Oh, the daily donations to Angelshares have dropped right off after the BTSX snapshot. I want some cheap AGS - there are all those other DACs which haven't had snapshots yet. Gonna send a few more BTC/PTS. Not too many though, I've got bills to pay! Gotta be responsible!
  • I want to diversify, there's loads of crypto stuff about. I'm going to buy some Bitcoin so I can get some other crypto stuff...I wanna get some NXT...but I love BitShares...oh crap, I sent all the Bitcoin to the AGS address!
  • People are whingeing and complaining all over the forum. They don't trust 3I because nothing's been released...I'm not worried, I believe in BitShares more than anything else around! More AGS please!
  • The Angelshares window is closing! Last chance! Oh sugar, the price is going up again! Hmmmm....no, I've given loads already. I mustn't take risks unnecessarily. I must save money for the family's future.
  • OH FUCK!!! The AGS window is now closed, and it's never coming back!!! I wish I'd gone all in, but I had to be responsible.

Throughout the process, and with everything that's happened since, my feelings remain solid:
"With BitShares, it's about the attitude and the ideas. The ups and downs and market caps are not so important. We're going places and changing the world."

P.S. I never managed to buy any significant amounts of NXT, even though I like what they do. It all keeps coming to BitShares! Can anyone here motivate me to get some NXT please? :D