Author Topic: Why Dividends?  (Read 2186 times)

Offline phoenix

• View Profile
Add together all the Bitshares that are created in a given block and all the transaction fees. Half of this goes directly to the miner, then the other half of this is distributed among the holders of Bitshares. So, if you own 1% of all Bitshares, you will get 1% of the dividends
Protoshares: Pg5EhSZEXHFjdFUzpxJbm91UtA54iUuDvt
Bitmessage: BM-NBrGi2V3BZ8REnJM7FPxUjjkQp7V5D28

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile
It seems that part of the dividends are from transactoin/trade fees? not sure.

Dividends pay for BitAssets, drive motivation of creation/own BitAssets? sorry, that just my current understanding.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Pocket Sand

• View Profile
I was wondering as to what the incentive of paying out dividends for BTS owners would be?

Also I was unclear on how much dividends BTS owners receive over time, I read the post where you mentioned it was by blocks mined?

Let's say you hold 100 BTS and 1000 blocks (we'll assume each block has a solid 50 for this example) are mined on the network, how many Bitshares would you gain by holding these initial 100?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 05:03:10 am by Pocket Sand »