Author Topic: memory use went up after upgrade to 0.4.24  (Read 2229 times)

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
Much better memory alloc compare to previous version and it synced with no hassle.
Agree.
v0.4.22 uses more than 3GBit while re-indexing, v0.4.24 uses about 2.6GB.
Will try win client after completed downloading.. hard to download from amazon. sigh.
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline bitcoinerS

• View Profile
If you did just restart the client, then it reindexed the entire blockchain, and you haven't restarted since, then that might be the issue, as reindexing seems to use a lot of memory that might not be released afterwards (or there's not enough memory pressure on your system to reclaim it).

Just make sure you restart at least once after having reindexed and you should see normal memory usage.

Yes, rebooted and memory use went down to 1.7 GB.
>>> approve bitcoiners

Offline wackou

If you did just restart the client, then it reindexed the entire blockchain, and you haven't restarted since, then that might be the issue, as reindexing seems to use a lot of memory that might not be released afterwards (or there's not enough memory pressure on your system to reclaim it).

Just make sure you restart at least once after having reindexed and you should see normal memory usage.
Please vote for witness wackou! More info at http://digitalgaia.io

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
I noticed the same issue. However, it was mentioned in the change log that "Lowered memory requirements by fixing a memory leak" :o
BTS committee member:jademont

Offline joele

• View Profile
Much better memory alloc compare to previous version and it synced with no hassle.

zerosum

It stayed about the same in my 32 bit win system -  ~about 500MB. [429MB as we speak]

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
Code: [Select]
@delegate0:~$ free
             total       used       free     shared    buffers     cached
Mem:       4048356    3849088     199268        340     140464    2246704
-/+ buffers/cache:    1461920    2586436

Memory use does seem to be up.  Can someone more knowledgeable than me let me know if this is a concern?
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline bitcoinerS

• View Profile
Upgraded delegate node and memory use went up.

>>> approve bitcoiners