Author Topic: Devs NEED to reach out to freenode operators ASAP  (Read 4916 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I've added a "bribble" bot in the channel .. it is registered with freenode an runs on my server currently .. it's a plain supybot and most things are not configured yet ..
If someone wants to help out configuring it, just drop me a line ..

documentation of the bot can be found here:
http://supybook.fealdia.org/devel/

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

I'm going to try to hang out in the channel regularly, but I don't really have time to moderate it properly.  I've also not used IRC very much, so I'm not sure about what features are available.
No need for moderation ATM .. let's grow this organically :)

I'd recommend your register a name on the blockchainnetwork :)
https://freenode.net/faq.shtml#registering

Offline theoretical

I'm going to try to hang out in the channel regularly, but I don't really have time to moderate it properly.  I've also not used IRC very much, so I'm not sure about what features are available.
BTS- theoretical / PTS- PZxpdC8RqWsdU3pVJeobZY7JFKVPfNpy5z / BTC- 1NfGejohzoVGffAD1CnCRgo9vApjCU2viY / the delegate formerly known as drltc / Nothing said on these forums is intended to be legally binding / All opinions are my own unless otherwise noted / Take action due to my posts at your own risk

Offline arubi

• View Profile

sounds good .. can you code something like this?
I'd love to see gribble style bots in #bitshares :)

I probably can, but my time is very limited with (work+uni most of the day).
Gribble is built upon Supybot as far as I know.
Maybe building some plugins for Supybot will be easier..

I'll try to have a look over the weekend.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
About a bot, what should it be used for?

1. Network state information
2. Bitshares (and derivatives?) price on exchanges

What do you think?
sounds good .. can you code something like this?
I'd love to see gribble style bots in #bitshares :)

Offline arubi

• View Profile
Idea:

Some channels we might want to register:
#bitshares-dev
#bitshares-otc
#bitshares-delegates

--
About a bot, what should it be used for?

1. Network state information
2. Bitshares (and derivatives?) price on exchanges

What do you think?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 10:13:20 pm by arubi »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
I'm still offering my help, if you accept it.
Sweet .. I never really "owned" a channel .. need to read into plenty of stuff ..
Let's collect some "must-haves" for the channel

Any ideas?
Anyone has some bots?

Offline arubi

• View Profile
Good to hear. Looking forward for an active, well operated channel.
I'm still offering my help, if you accept it.

Offline Riverhead

Great job Xeroc! That is incredible diplomacy.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
This issue has been resolved.

First of all, let me express my graditude to twokoolfourskewl with whom I had a pretty nice chat. First part has been a little ugly and we agreed that we disagree on the how legit BitShares, I3 and the team are. After figuring this out we moved over and had a nice chat about the channel.

TwoKoolFourSkewl> I'm not unreasonable.  I'll unban you and transfer ops.
TwoKoolFourSkewl> I originally registered the channel because I started mining PTS.                                                                                                                                 
TwoKoolFourSkewl> I'll let you know when I "drop" the channel so you can claim it
TwoKoolFourSkewl> Give me a couple minutes
TwoKoolFourSkewl> yeah sure, give me a minute or two and it'll be yours
xeroc> the bitshares community in general is pretty friendly oriented when it comes to NXT ..
xeroc> we even figured out that DPOS is almost similar to Transparent forging ..
xeroc> and Jinn is also discussed on the forums ..
xeroc> the only altcoin even Bytemaster bashes on is nuBits :)
TwoKoolFourSkewl> Issue this command '/msg ChanServ SET #bitshares FOUNDER xeroc'
xeroc> Transfer complete: xeroc has been set as founder for #bitshares.
xeroc> thank you very much ..

That's (BTW) why I always try to tell people that we do NOT have enemys and are NOT in war with other crypto (except maybe nuBits :) ).
Turns out most people are reasonable and commit their time to their favorit project.

Anyway, thanks again to twokoolfourskewl for handing over the channel.

I will read into the freenode tutorial and figure out how to really manage a channel :)

Offline arubi

• View Profile
got interesting over there

Surrounded by children at times in the crypto scene.

Heh, not surprising, coming from a kid who's apparently "Too cool for school".
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 09:17:45 pm by arubi »

Offline maqifrnswa

• View Profile
OK...to sum up .

Some NXT guy register the #Bitshares channel at a network called Freenode , and become the admin , and to spread FUD on BTS .
Now xeroc want the devs to gain control of the #Bitshares  channel by contacting the owner of Freenode ?

that's it. in the end, it probably isn't too big of a deal. freenode is probably the most popular (if not the only) IRC network used by open source developers. Things will become bad if that guy starts to post MOTD that send people to download viruses or trojans, claiming they are BTS executables. He can then claim that BTS isn't real, it's just a scam and a virus - and proven by their freenode channel, which he himself controls.

it's a sybil attack vector
maintains an Ubuntu PPA: https://launchpad.net/~showard314/+archive/ubuntu/bitshares [15% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval maqifrnswa true [50% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval delegate1.maqifrnswa true

Offline cn-members

• View Profile
OK...to sum up .

Some NXT guy register the #Bitshares channel at a network called Freenode , and become the admin , and to spread FUD on BTS .
Now xeroc want the devs to gain control of the #Bitshares  channel by contacting the owner of Freenode ?

BTS中文区发言人公共账号,帮助社区有效沟通与交流。
Chinese Community Spokesman Account,to help the effective communication between Chinese and other members of the community.We're not translators to do regular translations , but will help with vital ones as we see fit and available at that time.

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile
Code: [Select]
18:45:54 | @TwoKoolFourSkewl> What?!                                                                                                                                                      |
18:46:00 | @TwoKoolFourSkewl> NEVAR!!!!!1111                                                                                                                                              |
19:00:25 | @TwoKoolFourSkewl> How about you Bitshares' supporters tell the Liars' Club (aka I3) to remove the lies they have about NXT on their website?                                  |
19:17:15 |  Vato_> You are free to speak by your own. Just drop them a mail or open a thread on bitsharestalk.org. have nice day                                                          |
19:18:51 | @TwoKoolFourSkewl> Yeah, I'm pretty sure they already know what they are doing...                                                                                              |
19:19:33 | @TwoKoolFourSkewl> I don't think a message to them will trigger some great revelation...                                                                                       |
19:19:37 | @TwoKoolFourSkewl> lol                                                                                                                                                         |
19:20:49 | @TwoKoolFourSkewl> BTW... https://nxtforum.org/general-discussion/help!-come-defend-bitshares-on-freenode!!!!/                                                                 |
19:21:07 | @TwoKoolFourSkewl> YOUR COUP WILL FAIL!!!!11                                                                                                                                   |
19:49:14 -!- arubi was kicked from #bitshares by TwoKoolFourSkewl [arubi]                                                                                                                 |
19:49:21 -!- xeroc was kicked from #bitshares by TwoKoolFourSkewl [xeroc]     

Surrounded by children at times in the crypto scene.
=============
btsx address: hpenvy
Tips appreciated for good work

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Code: [Select]
18:45:54 | @TwoKoolFourSkewl> What?!                                                                                                                                                      |
18:46:00 | @TwoKoolFourSkewl> NEVAR!!!!!1111                                                                                                                                              |
19:00:25 | @TwoKoolFourSkewl> How about you Bitshares' supporters tell the Liars' Club (aka I3) to remove the lies they have about NXT on their website?                                  |
19:17:15 |  Vato_> You are free to speak by your own. Just drop them a mail or open a thread on bitsharestalk.org. have nice day                                                          |
19:18:51 | @TwoKoolFourSkewl> Yeah, I'm pretty sure they already know what they are doing...                                                                                              |
19:19:33 | @TwoKoolFourSkewl> I don't think a message to them will trigger some great revelation...                                                                                       |
19:19:37 | @TwoKoolFourSkewl> lol                                                                                                                                                         |
19:20:49 | @TwoKoolFourSkewl> BTW... https://nxtforum.org/general-discussion/help!-come-defend-bitshares-on-freenode!!!!/                                                                 |
19:21:07 | @TwoKoolFourSkewl> YOUR COUP WILL FAIL!!!!11                                                                                                                                   |
19:49:14 -!- arubi was kicked from #bitshares by TwoKoolFourSkewl [arubi]                                                                                                                 |
19:49:21 -!- xeroc was kicked from #bitshares by TwoKoolFourSkewl [xeroc]