Author Topic: Counterparty Adds Ethereum Smart Contract Features  (Read 4130 times)

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
They get all the press even though we announced similar plans first. Shows how getting to the cryptocommunity first makes a big difference. They are up from 15 mill to 30 mill just from this. I hope our new website will be good! But reaching out to the cryptocommunity is something we have been consistently bad at since inception. People don't understand our plans.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Vitalik expressed indifferent acceptance when we asked if he wanted to be a delegate. Might be politicslly challenging though. We just have to find one satellite organization that will run it as a group.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline Rune

• View Profile
The entire ethereum team should join bitshares as delegates. We could vote to sharedrop some BTS onto the ethereum donators, and the team could return whatever bitcoin they have left. They can then work to implement sidechains and make ethereum a bitshares sidechain.

Even if they don't join us, we will just get some developer delegates to copy their work and implement it as a sidechain, like CP did... So they should realize that they might as well join us.

Offline fuzzy

I think vitalik is actually in line with our philosophy...

I just have to keep reminding myself hoskinson is no longer a part of any of these projects...as he is one of the primary reasons for my initial distrust.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
I am really glad I am not an ethereum donator right now. :)   They must be kicking themselves.

They can start with dpos right away with respect to the social contract...
or we can copy/paste counterparty's actions... but having Vitalik as a 100% paid multiple slot delegate !  :P

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
I am really glad I am not an ethereum donator right now. :)   They must be kicking themselves.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline fuzzy

Um... err... oh lord.

Im going to go sit in my closet with my tinfoil hat and let you all decide this matter.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Smart contracts are part of the bitshares roadmap now.  We will have them eventually.

I dont think we need ethereum now.  What is ethereum?  They arent going to be the first ones with smart contracts.  All they are is a bunch of BTC donations and a lot of hype.  Dont you bet everyone who donated to ethereum now wishes they had bought counterparty?

What will ethereum do now?  Come out with smart contracts after having been beaten to the punch?  Give back everyones BTC?
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 10:20:56 pm by liondani »