Author Topic: Strange transactions, missing funds [resolved]  (Read 3770 times)

Offline legendface66

• View Profile
they were replaced by trades it was just the movement of funds to a newly generated address. Duh. that's how TITAN works :-)

Offline gamey

• View Profile
Curiously what happened to the withdrawals ? 
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline legendface66

• View Profile
vikram's. I'd already used this method but it failed. I did use fewer generated addresses the first time. Thanks for the assist.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
IT WORKS!!! FISTPUMP!
Bam :)

did you try vikrams steps or something else?

Offline legendface66

• View Profile

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
No funds yet but I'm assuming that the transactions to "unknown" represent part of some trades I've made and that the funds have returned to different keys. . .

Regenerated private keys, rescanned blockchain but no new transactons. the Keys must not have been generated. any advice? have I entered this correctly?

wallet_regenerate_keys legendface66 1000
you made the market transactions with the same 'wallet' you are using now? you have not moved any private keys for accounts to some other wallet or did some other 'advanced' things with the wallet?

Offline legendface66

• View Profile
No funds yet but I'm assuming that the transactions to "unknown" represent part of some trades I've made and that the funds have returned to different keys. . .

Regenerated private keys, rescanned blockchain but no new transactons. the Keys must not have been generated. any advice? have I entered this correctly?

wallet_regenerate_keys legendface66 1000

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Well glad to hear you didn't lose your funds. When you said there were transfers out, I assumed the transfers were real... ?

Missing funds is not the same as seeing transactions with the funds leaving. It is easy to have a bug that won't read the transactions off the blockchain.  Seeing a transaction where the funds have left your account implies that the bug is creating random transactions.  Not likely.  So I am still confused, but glad to hear you have your monies :)
I guess that those "outgoing" transactions are going to UNKNOWN .. und thus can either be transfers .. or market transactions ... no way to tell unless you recover the transaction details/keys

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Any ideas what the

>> wallet_regenerate_keys legendface66 1000

return indicates

IIRC that's the number of keys that have been regenerated ..
I wouldn't care much about that number .. just wait until the rescan is finished (status is in 'getinfo') .. you funds should be recovered by then ..

Offline gamey

• View Profile
Well glad to hear you didn't lose your funds. When you said there were transfers out, I assumed the transfers were real... ?

Missing funds is not the same as seeing transactions with the funds leaving. It is easy to have a bug that won't read the transactions off the blockchain.  Seeing a transaction where the funds have left your account implies that the bug is creating random transactions.  Not likely.  So I am still confused, but glad to hear you have your monies :)
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline legendface66

• View Profile
Any ideas what the

>> wallet_regenerate_keys legendface66 1000

return indicates

Offline legendface66

• View Profile
I've been locked out for a really long time due to a bug. Having loaded a backup I found the funds missing. Also missing are the BitBTC and BitUSD transactions.

The obvious issue is my backup is older than the transactions and the funds can be found associated with more recently generated keys.

Glad I didn't rush in with the "My funds have been stolen!!!!" post

zerosum

I recently loaded Bitshares after a long period of disuse due to aberrant behavior and 350k are missing, transferred out in two seperate transactions. I'm also missing 2 BitBTC and about 200BitUSD

Can anyone offer advice or assistance?

Details, please.

Offline legendface66

• View Profile
Yea, thanks Xeroc. I've only used on one computer and this one hasn't been compromised