Author Topic: Save PTS - Increase Default Transaction Fee  (Read 3765 times)

Offline fluxer555

• View Profile
I like the burning idea. All you would have to do is include the original protosharesd daemon with the DPoS daemon, which only kicks in when you have an active delegate, to enable tracking of both blockchains. This would allow to start a transition to DPoS without a snapshot. There could also be a hard cut-off snapshot where all unburned PTS are automatically sharedropped.

You could also make a condition where, if there hasn't been a block for 7 days, then the snapshot is automatically taken (with all pending transactions included).
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 03:05:50 pm by fluxer555 »

Offline Riverhead

How hard would it be the have DPOS-PTS claimed 1:1 for each POW-PTS you have proof of burn for? That way the two PTS are not spendable at the same time.

I think it would be very tricky because it'd require delegates to monitor the PoW-chain. Not worth the effort IMO.

Besides, there will come a point where PoW mining is so slow that it becomes impossible to burn PoW-PTS. I. e. any coins left over in the old chain would be lost.
That's true.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano

How hard would it be the have DPOS-PTS claimed 1:1 for each POW-PTS you have proof of burn for? That way the two PTS are not spendable at the same time.

I think it would be very tricky because it'd require delegates to monitor the PoW-chain. Not worth the effort IMO.

Besides, there will come a point where PoW mining is so slow that it becomes impossible to burn PoW-PTS. I. e. any coins left over in the old chain would be lost.
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline Riverhead

Offline lastagile

• View Profile

Offline testz

TestZ if you want to release a point update to help keep PTS alive until DPOS version can be made.

As you know I'm very conservative. I don't think we need to make any updates for PTS because current situation will help us to upgrade it to DPOS, old PTS network simple stop producing blocks and all users will move to new DPOS version, it's will be native network stop without changing rules.

Right now everybody familiar with this PTS behaviour - it's a part of the game for everybody.  :)

Offline emski

• View Profile
    • http://lnkd.in/nPbhxG
Read what I wrote again. That is precisely what I suggested ;)

Right! I should go to sleep now...

Offline Riverhead

+5%

Since hopefully we'll be on DPOS sooner than later I'm comfortable with either. At current PTS prices it's not a hardship and, at least in my opinion, PTS is meant as a low transaction volume token for snap shots. The only transactions that are likely to occur are between private wallets and exchanges.

Offline fluxer555

• View Profile
I think that discriminates against low stakeholders.

Perhaps the fee should be: 10% of transaction amount, or 10 PTS, whichever is less, with a minimum of 0.1 PTS. It should be possible for miners to implement this logic without a hard fork, yes?

There should definitely be a hard maximum. You cant ask 10% from large transactions. It is insane.
What about 10% up to 10 PTS and no less than 0.1 PTS?

Read what I wrote again. That is precisely what I suggested ;)
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 11:39:03 pm by fluxer555 »

Offline emski

• View Profile
    • http://lnkd.in/nPbhxG

Perhaps the fee should be: 10% of transaction amount, or 10 PTS, whichever is less, with a minimum of 0.1 PTS. It should be possible for miners to implement this logic without a hard fork, yes?

There should definitely be a hard maximum. You cant ask 10% from large transactions. It is insane.
What about 10% up to 10 PTS and no less than 0.1 PTS?

Offline fluxer555

• View Profile

Offline fuzzy

WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline bytemaster

I think we can save PTS by increasing the default transaction fee to 10 PTS.    This wouldn't be a hard fork but would allow people to transact and make it profitable for miners to produce blocks.

$2.50 to make a transaction isn't that bad for large transactions and PTS isn't really ideal for small transactions at this point in time.

TestZ if you want to release a point update to help keep PTS alive until DPOS version can be made.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.