Author Topic: One of my account is not showing  (Read 4323 times)

Offline BldSwtTrs

• View Profile
Do not worry, this means your funds are safe and accessible. We just need to figure out the proper way to fix your wallet depending on whether your account was registered or not.

As a temporary solution, you can try doing "wallet_account_rename <old_account_name> <new_account_name>", replacing <old_account_name> with your account name, and replacing <new_account_name> with some other name. If you do this, does the account with your balance now show up for you under the new name?
Yes!

It feels good to see that BTS again. Thank you vikram :)
Unless you totally don't care about recovering that account name, we can also try to recover your account if you did indeed register it:

4. If you run "wallet_dump_private_key <account_public_key>", replacing <account_public_key> with the keys listed for the two duplicate accounts from (1), do you get anything for the registered one?
5: If you run "wallet_account_transaction_history", do you have any transactions that show up as registering that account name?
Now when I do (1) I have only one account which shows up, it's the registered one (the unregistered one has disappeared from the list). And when I try (4) with the key of the registered one, I have the following answer "key not found".

But it's not a big deal, I don't really care to recover the name. Thank you again.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 06:21:14 pm by BldSwtTrs »

Offline vikram

When you did (3), it would be showing the balance for the account that showed up for (2)--the unregistered one--does it show the balance you are missing/expect to belong to your account?
Yes when I do (3) it shows exactly the expected balance.

Do not worry, this means your funds are safe and accessible. We just need to figure out the proper way to fix your wallet depending on whether your account was registered or not.

As a temporary solution, you can try doing "wallet_account_rename <old_account_name> <new_account_name>", replacing <old_account_name> with your account name, and replacing <new_account_name> with some other name. If you do this, does the account with your balance now show up for you under the new name?

Did you register your account name? If not, it's possible that someone else registered that name and that is what is causing the display issues in your wallet.
I am not 100% sure, but yes I think I have registered it. And the date of registration displayed when I do (1) fits with the hypothesis that I have registered it (the displayed registration date is the same as the date on which I logged to my wallet and sent some BTSX, and as I didn't log to my wallet very often besides that, the likelihood is high that this was me who did the registration that day).

Unless you totally don't care about recovering that account name, we can also try to recover your account if you did indeed register it:

4. If you run "wallet_dump_private_key <account_public_key>", replacing <account_public_key> with the keys listed for the two duplicate accounts from (1), do you get anything for the registered one?
5: If you run "wallet_account_transaction_history", do you have any transactions that show up as registering that account name?

Offline BldSwtTrs

• View Profile
Also when I go to one of my other unregistered account and click to "register the_account" I have the choice to select my missing account to pay the 0.5 fee (and the missing account appears with the right balance), but when I select that missing account and try to send the 0.5 fee with it, it doesn't work (nothing happens).
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 10:26:42 pm by BldSwtTrs »

Offline BldSwtTrs

• View Profile
Did you register your account name? If not, it's possible that someone else registered that name and that is what is causing the display issues in your wallet.
I am not 100% sure, but yes I think I have registered it. And the date of registration displayed when I do (1) fits with the hypothesis that I have registered it (the displayed registration date is the same as the date on which I logged to my wallet and sent some BTSX, and as I didn't log to my wallet very often besides that, the likelihood is high that this was me who did the registration that day).

When you did (3), it would be showing the balance for the account that showed up for (2)--the unregistered one--does it show the balance you are missing/expect to belong to your account?
Yes when I do (3) it shows exactly the expected balance.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 10:33:31 pm by BldSwtTrs »

Offline vikram

Offline BldSwtTrs

• View Profile
Thank you vikram for helping me  :)

• If you type "wallet_list_accounts" in the console, is the missing account included?
Yes. It's even included two times: one is an unregistered account and one is a registered account (it's exactly the same name for the two).

If yes to (1), if you type "wallet_list_my_accounts" in the console, is the missing account included?
Yes. (This time only one account under that name show up, and it's the unregistered one)
If yes to (1), if you type "wallet_account_balance" in the console, is the missing account included?
Yes. (Again only one account under that name, and there is no info regarding the registration or not)
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 08:50:30 pm by BldSwtTrs »

Offline vikram

There are some things we can try like restoring older automatic backups or regenerating keys.

But first to gather some information:
  • If you type "wallet_list_accounts" in the console, is the missing account included?
  • If yes to (1), if you type "wallet_list_my_accounts" in the console, is the missing account included?
  • If yes to (1), if you type "wallet_account_balance" in the console, is the missing account included?

Offline BldSwtTrs

• View Profile
Seriously can someone tell me what can I do to recover my funds? There is a non trivial amount of money involved and it starts to be stressful.

Offline BldSwtTrs

• View Profile
So i have installed 0.4.26 and my account is still missing... I start to be worried :(

What can I do?

Offline vikram

0.4.25-RC1 is out: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=12105.0 you may have some better luck with it.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
- reinstall the latest release (0.4.24.1)!!!!!!!
- run "rescan" .. and wait until finished ... you can see the progress in "getinfo"

Offline BldSwtTrs

• View Profile
Have you tried the approaches in
http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/RecoveringFunds ?
Yes, I have tried these tonight and that doesn't help.

When I try to rescan at the end I have a message :"Failure during transaction scanning".

And when I write "wallet_regenerate_keys ACCOUNT-NAME 1000" I have some stuff written in the console with which I have no idea what to do.

The bottom line is that I still don't have access to my funds.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 11:13:02 pm by BldSwtTrs »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Have you tried the approaches in
http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/RecoveringFunds ?

Not sure about the release date .. they include ALOT of new features in the next release that need to be thoroughly tested

Offline BldSwtTrs

• View Profile
Hi,

I have upgrade my wallet to 0.24, I have two accounts.
At first all was OK but then I have browsed a little bit on the wallet, I have clicked on one of my account, then browse again and now I cannot see that account anymore. When I go to the "My Accounts" I only see one account of my two accounts, the second account have disappear...

Bugs in previous versions combined with some changes in 0.4.24 caused this to happen for some people. It should be fixed and your account will come back in 0.4.25: https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares/issues/975
So when does that 0.4.25 version will finally come into fruition? I don't have access to my funds since 2 weeks... It's annoying.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 11:54:04 pm by BldSwtTrs »

Offline vikram

Hi,

I have upgrade my wallet to 0.24, I have two accounts.
At first all was OK but then I have browsed a little bit on the wallet, I have clicked on one of my account, then browse again and now I cannot see that account anymore. When I go to the "My Accounts" I only see one account of my two accounts, the second account have disappear...

Bugs in previous versions combined with some changes in 0.4.24 caused this to happen for some people. It should be fixed and your account will come back in 0.4.25: https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares/issues/975