Author Topic: Is now the best time to buy BTS? Would you take out a loan to do it?  (Read 18966 times)

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
ok,

now we can start talking about this....

I have some btc to buy a little more..... but if bitshares starts to go obscene beyond down from what I expect  Im going to sell my motorcycle whitout a thought.  8)

Sell your motorcycle so that you don't die... don't sell your motorcycle to buy BTS.  We've already had at least one person who has sold his vehicle when BTS was trading at much higher levels...

that would be me.. :)..Sold my precious 15 year old toyota corolla 1 year ago when bts was more than double market cap what it is today..Public transportation especially in my country is not the most comfortably thing for me the last year..since then i also had a huge margin call in polo on my long position...

I am still patiently waiting for the summer announcement  that will take bts to the moon (although i doubt that even if that happens i will ever be able to cover my losses)  .I can only hope that the moon is reached before 2036  ::)

Having said that..if i still had my car or any money left I would again sell my car today and buy bts at these levels.

have you not learned enough ....summer announcement   :P :P
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline EstefanTT

Fees can be raised when we start having a decent amount of volume. Now we are trying to gain traction, not a good time IMO to have higher Tx fee than other cryptos. The reserve pool is deep and november will help slower dilution ;)

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

You will not need to increase fees when BTS will gain traction. Revenue will raise because a number of transactions will raise.
That's true !

But some kind of mix between limited rate Tx for small amounts and % based fee for larger amounts would be then perfect. It would allows micro paiments and also raise the revenue of BitShares.

Bit20, the cryptocurrency index fund http://www.bittwenty.com
(BitShares French ConneXion - www.bitsharesfcx.com)

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
BTS is operating at a loss every day via workers and witness's.

This is a tiny 150K BTS per day. It will take ~30 years to deplete the reserve at this pace. Revenue will increase by huge amount when transaction rate will increase from current few hundreds per day to millions per day. And the main source of delusion is not tiny spending budget, but the release of vested balances from merger.

I'm just trying to point out why we are seeing network growth without BTS token market cap growth.  Obviously its a great deal right now if you are an asset issuer, that's why I have divested much of my BTS into other projects on the DEX.

Until you see an actual reason to hold BTS (the best reason would be distribution of future profits), the token will languish.  If we could subsidize liquidity for 3 or 4 of the smart coin markets, we could increase the trading fee's to 5 or 10 cents a trade.  Traders would happily pay that as it would be much less than the commissions they currently pay.

Offline yvv

• View Profile
Fees can be raised when we start having a decent amount of volume. Now we are trying to gain traction, not a good time IMO to have higher Tx fee than other cryptos. The reserve pool is deep and november will help slower dilution ;)

You will not need to increase fees when BTS will gain traction. Revenue will raise because a number of transactions will raise.

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
source of delusion

Lol

Offline EstefanTT

Bit20, the cryptocurrency index fund http://www.bittwenty.com
(BitShares French ConneXion - www.bitsharesfcx.com)

Offline yvv

• View Profile

This is a tiny 150K BTS per day. It will take ~30 years to deplete the reserve at this pace. Revenue will increase by huge amount when transaction rate will increase from current few hundreds per day to millions per day. And the main source of delusion is not tiny spending budget, but the release of vested balances from merger.

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
The time to buy BTS will be when the holders finally realize that all they are doing is paying for the UIA issuers security and transfers via dilution.

BTS is operating at a loss every day via workers and witness's.  Think of it as any other business, would you buy into a business that generates negative profits and hardly any revenue?  There are lots of valuable companies out there that have negative profits, but large revenues... Amazon, Tesla, and Netflix come to mind.  At some point in the future, they plan to turn that big revenue into profits which is why they have a high valuation.  BTS has no revenue much less an idea on how to generate profits.

I've harped that fee's will need to be raised in order to generate the revenues and profits.  If the focus is switched to providing forex traders with a stable platform with ample liquidity, they will be more than willing to pay fee's.  The fee's could be percentage based or flat.  But trying to get this community to pivot or agree on a direction is like turning around the Titanic.

Offline yvv

• View Profile
ok,

I have some btc to buy a little more..... but if bitshares starts to go obscene beyond down from what I expect  Im going to sell my motorcycle whitout a thought.  8)

Sell your motorcycle so that you don't die... don't sell your motorcycle to buy BTS.  We've already had at least one person who has sold his vehicle when BTS was trading at much higher levels...

I had doubts whenever bts price gets lower and people calling it a buy opportunity.  But not this time.  My gut feeling is telling me this time it is for real.

Yeah, right. As usual.

Offline Chuckone

• View Profile
It's nice to see that you are so enthousiast about Bitshares future... But except speculation, why do you believe it will be worth that much? Except the tech of course, cause history has shown us it doesn't mean anything (BTS would be worth much more of it were solely valued on the tech behind it)

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
ok,

that would be me.. :)..Sold my precious 15 year old toyota corolla 1 year ago when bts was more than double market cap what it is today..Public transportation especially in my country is not the most comfortably thing for me the last year..since then i also had a huge margin call in polo on my long position...

I am still patiently waiting for the summer announcement  that will take bts to the moon (although i doubt that even if that happens i will ever be able to cover my losses)  .I can only hope that the moon is reached before 2036  ::)

Having said that..if i still had my car or any money left I would again sell my car today and buy bts at these levels.

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
ok,

I had doubts whenever bts price gets lower and people calling it a buy opportunity.  But not this time.  My gut feeling is telling me this time it is for real. 

Every time I look at coinmarketcap and see BitShares out of the top 10 I am truly shocked.  I do not understand how some of these other coins that bring zero innovation over Bitcoin are still around.  BitShares has so much going for it, yet not a peep about it on BitcoinTalk or any other major outlet.

Coinmarketcap  is very much being manipulated.  And bitshares had gain much antagonism with bitcoiners and other altcoins  in our historical encounters.  Not surprisingly people are not talking in bitcointalk.  This negative image has to change.
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline Brekyrself

• View Profile
ok,

Every time I look at coinmarketcap and see BitShares out of the top 10 I am truly shocked.  I do not understand how some of these other coins that bring zero innovation over Bitcoin are still around.  BitShares has so much going for it, yet not a peep about it on BitcoinTalk or any other major outlet.

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
ok,

ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline llildur

• View Profile