Author Topic: Is so called "kill switch" a DPOS vulnerability?  (Read 2216 times)

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
I remember CoinHoarder, smart guy. Positive about lots of BitShares innovations but was against dilution. Hasn't been around here a lot since.

Love this line   :)

If I see someone say "they just don't see the big picture" one more time I'm going to flip shit.

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,10903.msg143785.html#msg143785

If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
According to the forum user named Huntercrafterminers , "kill switch": an ability of the genesis block generator to erase the whole chain and restart it. To the rest of I3 team , is this possible? or the guy is only spreading FUD?

Is this still possible?
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Calling it a kill switch is plain FUD. You can make forks of anything and convince people to switch.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
You just change the harcoded genesis block in the client .. just what all altcoins do

Offline fluxer555

• View Profile
According to the forum user named Huntercrafterminers , "kill switch": an ability of the genesis block generator to erase the whole chain and restart it. To the rest of I3 team , is this possible? or the guy is only spreading FUD?

How is this technically accomplished?

Offline jwiz168

• View Profile
The developer may consider other 2.0 technologies that are available . The original choice was DPOS. What made them seek alternatives was a comment from a guy I think is a part of the team. As I mentioned , CoinHoader did a point by point why the developer must choose DPOS. 

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline jwiz168

• View Profile

Offline gamey

• View Profile
Kill switch ??  Tell us more !!
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline fluxer555

• View Profile
What is the so called "kill switch" vulnerability?

Offline jwiz168

• View Profile
Back in BTT forum I was advocating DPOS for the zennet guys to use it. CoinHoader has a deep knowledge in DPOS and defended it well to what the other user think about DPOS and its disadvantage.  The Zennet project is a very ambitious one but with huge potential. Just imagine if it is using DPOS technology. Hopefully we can convince them.