Author Topic: How?  (Read 2545 times)

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Nobody wants a v3 until after liftoff. Relative orders are the last planned revision.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

zerosum

tonyk I can't tell if you're trying to be provocative or what. bitUSD was trading at as much as 15% below with constantly increasing supply before restrictions were put in place. Now any overhang is cleaned up within days and the supply actually decreases sometimes.

There's also the more important reason that no feed mode has a possible failure mode that completely kills this project..

I am completely aware of the arguments for market engine 2.0, toast. Read why I disagree (in my responses to BM) here:

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=11469.0

So it's because we didn't wait long enough to confirm it wasn't working? Risk it on your own blockchain please D=

No, it is because by now we would have had a client that can download the blockchain for starters...and maybe some real use for bitUSD due to some marketing... not play tokens believed to not be pegged tightly enough.

Anyway it is too late to go back now. I just hope beyond hope you do not decide to go to version#3 aka the current alt's proposal or some other 'improvements' that come around...

Offline toast

• View Profile
tonyk I can't tell if you're trying to be provocative or what. bitUSD was trading at as much as 15% below with constantly increasing supply before restrictions were put in place. Now any overhang is cleaned up within days and the supply actually decreases sometimes.

There's also the more important reason that no feed mode has a possible failure mode that completely kills this project..

I am completely aware of the arguments for market engine 2.0, toast. Read why I disagree (in my responses to BM) here:

So it's because we didn't wait long enough to confirm it wasn't working? Risk it on your own blockchain please D=
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

zerosum

Offline toast

• View Profile

zerosum

I have a question.
How is A86 valuable for this project of yours, BM?

He suggested shorts competing by collateral (which was insane idea by itself, thanks the market god it was abandoned ) as a coincidence of it included the shorts not being able to sell below the feed and introducing the highly unnecessary feed prices...

Introducing the price feed (and other rules for the shorts) cut the rapid improvement on the then BTSX price... it not only cut its growth but it made it fall significantly...

But if you do not believe the above, as no one is supposed to believe in the markets as the ultimate judge. How much lower is the current bitUSD price compared to the 1:1 ratio (i.e. the ideal peg)... at least the same percentage, in my view... well a bit (aka like 2x) lower...

...shudgumbguls....
Honestly tony, you have NO idea what you are talking about.  Bitassets, as currently imagined, don't work without the price feed.  Bitassets don't work without the rule "no shorting below the price feed."  And it wasn't a "coincidence" I came up with it.

The reason I've been valuable is because I've figured out critical things like this.
You can't even figure out why they're important after it's presented and explained to you.

I think you're being ridiculous.  You made your sockpuppet "zerosum" (now tonyk2) and had a conversation with yourself about me like you were two different people and now you are blaming me for a price drop in BTSX.  The price didn't drop because we used the price feed.  Maybe the price dropped because bitUSD wasn't tracking as well as expected, maybe we needed a solution.  Also mkt cap climbed back up to $80mil after price feed was used.

I will be real happy if you spend more time analyzing me talking to myself and less time delaying the BTS development by coming up with 'absolutely necessary changes'...

Quick question why your improved market engine keeps the bitUSD at 10% discount and non-working one was keeping it at 6% discount... I will not reach the grand conclusion that it needs to be changed to market engine #3 as you did for m. engine #1, but will at least ask:
Don't you find this fact at least a little bit concerning?

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
Answering the original question, Agent86 is one of the smartest guys around here. Bytemaster even implied this in one of the mumble sessions.

I do find tonyk amusing, but launching trolling attacks probably doesnt put you in good standing.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 05:52:20 pm by speedy »

Offline cn-members

• View Profile
You don't know what you're talking about .....

Sure...

wow , mark this moment   :P :P
BTS中文区发言人公共账号,帮助社区有效沟通与交流。
Chinese Community Spokesman Account,to help the effective communication between Chinese and other members of the community.We're not translators to do regular translations , but will help with vital ones as we see fit and available at that time.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

zerosum

Sure...

Offline cn-members

• View Profile

I have a question.

He suggested shorts competing by collateral (which was insane idea by itself, thanks the market god it was abandoned ) as a coincidence of it included the shorts not being able to sell below the feed and introducing the highly unnecessary feed prices...

Introducing the price feed (and other rules for the shorts) cut the rapid improvement on the then BTSX price... it not only cut its growth but it made it fall significantly...

But if you do not believe the above, as no one is supposed to believe in the markets as the ultimate judge. How much lower is the current bitUSD price compared to the 1:1 ratio (i.e. the ideal peg)... at least the same percentage, in my view... well a bit (aka like 2x) lower...

...shudgumbguls....

Every coin that touched by major speculators would fall significantly after pumped significantly .
That's just the nature of the market . Bitcoin had this issue every year .
BTS中文区发言人公共账号,帮助社区有效沟通与交流。
Chinese Community Spokesman Account,to help the effective communication between Chinese and other members of the community.We're not translators to do regular translations , but will help with vital ones as we see fit and available at that time.

Offline Agent86

• BTSX: agent86
    • View Profile

I have a question.

...shudgumbguls....
Honestly tony, you have NO idea what you are talking about.  Bitassets, as currently imagined, don't work without the price feed.  Bitassets don't work without the rule "no shorting below the price feed."  And it wasn't a "coincidence" I came up with it.

The reason I've been valuable is because I've figured out critical things like this.
You can't even figure out why they're important after it's presented and explained to you.

I think you're being ridiculous.  You made your sockpuppet "zerosum" (now tonyk2) and had a conversation with yourself about me like you were two different people and now you are blaming me for a price drop in BTSX.  The price didn't drop because we used the price feed.  Maybe the price dropped because bitUSD wasn't tracking as well as expected, maybe we needed a solution.  Also mkt cap climbed back up to $80mil after price feed was used.

zerosum

I have a question.

...shudgumbguls....