Author Topic: $300+ for a Keyhotee Founder ID?  (Read 8445 times)

Offline bitcool

• View Profile
Depends on what the goal of this founder ID is.

If the goal is to maximize income for Invictus, commercial tactics should be used, i.e. start with sky high price tag, gradually lowering it, with periodic "promotions", until whoever wants to buy one can afford one.

If the goal is to use it denoting prestige and reputation, no more than 1%~5% of the users should be able to afford it, regardless what fiat price PTS has.

Offline JustHayden

• View Profile
I'm mining as much PTS as I can until December 20th, and if I don't have the 10 PTS I'll buy the difference. Seems fair to me.
PTS: PjUAPsLu76Yi9516zFgHqtFYs2sBbAMwUx
Keyhotee: 7hQmwpf8ujy6h9jRkR7MPFqKNij3DrLifoDaemUUjaHLiUsy4g

Offline ruletheworld

• View Profile
    • BTC Geek
It's a fair point, IMO. I remember when the price was slashed from 100 PTS to 10 PTS but the people who paid 100 PTS would have a higher 'reputation' in that they are more invested in their name. If the price of PTS keeps going up from here, perhaps there can be another drop in the price of the founder member badge. However, that might strike as being unfair by the people who've already paid 10 PTS for it. It would be a tough proposition for Invictus.
PTS: PYRqARWMGQ1PeZvjJM6iWJxf2ouwYcueHF
BTC: 1NeRoAKp137GTDUEBaonbu5BUGPN17Xw5n
http://btcgeek.com

Offline phoenix

• View Profile
From a miner's perspective, the amount I donated to get my Keyhotee ID was a fixed amount of PTS. Even though the price of PTS has gone up since then, it really doesn't matter to much since the amount of reputation points that I'll be getting for my donation is based on the USD price of my donation when Invictus Innovations finalizes the Keyhotee Genesis Block. So yes, you do have to spend more USD to buy the PTS for a Keyhotee ID, but you'll be getting more reputation points on your founders ID. Also, if you really don't care about the founders ID (which you should care about), then you can just wait to mine out your ID when the blockchain goes live.
Protoshares: Pg5EhSZEXHFjdFUzpxJbm91UtA54iUuDvt
Bitmessage: BM-NBrGi2V3BZ8REnJM7FPxUjjkQp7V5D28

Offline rizq

• View Profile
Good thing i got my point across, am much happier now :D

Now since we are both newbies, lets see what the veterans got to say about this.

Offline markzookerburg

• View Profile
What you said ..now -makes better sense :)
Yes 1000 dollars would be too much for a founder id..but hey its a "founder id" of something revolutionary -you don't get to be a founder without paying the price. As for those who "brought in"  - they did take financial risks when the coin wasn't worth what it is now so I don't see why you'd worry over it.

I think they should have a bid system until 25th december in place so users can choose their own OG names for x amount
P.s - Hope it touches 100 usd next week :)

Offline rizq

• View Profile
This thread makes me drop hard with laughter.
No offence but if you can't afford something don't go around blaming others - try and earn more from your "9 to 5" jobs or choose not to buy it.
Its a good thing that PTS rates are going up - especially for initial investors who toiled for this. I'd be glad if PTS rates go upto 1000 or 10,000 for that matter :)

Yeah offcourse let PTS go up, that's a good thing. But if it goes up to a $100 dollars which is very possible in coming week. Lets see if people are willing to part with $1000, to be part of the "Founders club". No one will even think of donating. So you tell me if that's a good thing for the developers or a bad thing.

Secondly there is a difference between being able to afford something, and not willing to pay over the odds.

"initial investors who toiled for this" Are you serious. How did someone that bought 10 PTS from bter for 0.1 Yesterday toil for this anymore than the one that faces the prospect of paying 0.5 BTC for it tomorrow.

You don't get the point, I am not blaming anyone. I am just suggesting a set price for the Keyhotee Founder ID.

Finally if its a so called donation, than no donation is too small. Many people are willing to donate in exchange for a bit of recognition, this approach is turning them away.

Offline markzookerburg

• View Profile
This thread makes me drop hard with laughter.
No offence but if you can't afford something don't go around blaming others - try and earn more from your "9 to 5" jobs or choose not to buy it.
Its a good thing that PTS rates are going up - especially for initial investors who toiled for this. I'd be glad if PTS rates go upto 1000 or 10,000 for that matter :)

Offline rizq

• View Profile
I understood the minimum of 10 PTS a couple of days ago, but the price of 1 PTS has tripled just today. 10 PTS is an arm and a leg.

how is it fair, that 1 person donated $10 worth and the other has to donate $300.

I suggest that if you don't want to put people of from donating at all, you keep track of the real price of PTS and adjust it accordingly. Because something is better than nothing

And FYI the real price is $$$'s, what people receive for working 9 to 5 shifts. Not a crypto-currency that fluctuates on a daily basis.

Until this issue is resolved, i am not willing to spend $300+ on 1 Keyhotee ID.