Author Topic: $300+ for a Keyhotee Founder ID?  (Read 8365 times)

Offline bytemaster

Anyone who mines for one month can buy one at 10 PTs

I don't think I will make it. I have an i3 and am projecting to get about 2 PTS in the next 20 days, could be 3 if I am lucky. Maybe anyone who has more computing power than me...

Buy them now, they are cheap. That's what I'm doing, might even buy 20 for future DACs.

Keyhotee ID is just a single block chain, there are no future ID DACs.   One ID will work for all DACs.

I meant Protoshares not the ID for DACs. If I understand correctly, if you hold PTS you have a stake in future DACs right? Like with memorycoin, if you hold 10 PTS you get 1 MMC.

Yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline JustHayden

• View Profile

I don't think I will make it. I have an i3 and am projecting to get about 2 PTS in the next 20 days, could be 3 if I am lucky. Maybe anyone who has more computing power than me...

Buy them now, they are cheap. That's what I'm doing, might even buy 20 for future DACs.

Keyhotee ID is just a single block chain, there are no future ID DACs.   One ID will work for all DACs.

I meant Protoshares not the ID for DACs. If I understand correctly, if you hold PTS you have a stake in future DACs right? Like with memorycoin, if you hold 10 PTS you get 1 MMC.
PTS: PjUAPsLu76Yi9516zFgHqtFYs2sBbAMwUx
Keyhotee: 7hQmwpf8ujy6h9jRkR7MPFqKNij3DrLifoDaemUUjaHLiUsy4g

Offline bytemaster

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline JustHayden

• View Profile

Offline Primecoindude

• View Profile
I have spent days trying to mine, and cant get it started.   I would buy in for $100, but not $300.   And even then, I Am not sure if I could because I can't get the wallet to work.

read:
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=355.msg15864#msg15864

Offline bytemaster

I have spent days trying to mine, and cant get it started.   I would buy in for $100, but not $300.   And even then, I Am not sure if I could because I can't get the wallet to work.

I appreciate what the guys at Invictus are trying to do, but in my businesses, when the customers experience is not awesome, I try to make it up to them.   Seems to me that lowering buyins is a way that they could both generate more money for themselves and have the community feel warm and fuzzy toward them.

Those warm and fuzzies turn into much needed loyalty as the inevitable hurdles of launching something awesome manifest.

Currently the price is $200... what is your problem with the wallet? 

Offline bitmarket

• View Profile
    • BitShares TV

I appreciate what the guys at Invictus are trying to do, but in my businesses, when the customers experience is not awesome, I try to make it up to them.   Seems to me that lowering buyins is a way that they could both generate more money for themselves and have the community feel warm and fuzzy toward them.

Those warm and fuzzies turn into much needed loyalty as the inevitable hurdles of launching something awesome manifest.
Host of BitShares.TV and Author of BitShares 101

Offline praxeologist

• View Profile
I think if we get this GPU Miner like we've been told is coming we could get these 10 PTS in time...

I have a 7700 so that is not impressive at all and I see it overall being outpaced by every ex-bitcoin GPU miner frothing at the mouth for a GPU miner.

My free trial VM miners dropped overnight and it is pretty clear from my projections that there is no way I will ever get to 10 PTS so I am just forgetting it.

Offline JustHayden

• View Profile
I think if we get this GPU Miner like we've been told is coming we could get these 10 PTS in time...

Offline praxeologist

• View Profile

Offline fuzzy

Simply put those that donated earlier can no longer sell the donated 10 PTS for $300 so it has effectively cost them $300 as well or more because the selling option is gone where as those that haven't donated can still opt to or not.

Considering the Founder ID is a reward for a donation I have no problem with most people not being able to buy one before the cast is poured.  As was mentioned earlier by Bytemaster or Stan 99.9% of all ID's will be available from day one so it's not like if you don't donate 10 PTS you're going to be stuck with a name like J0hnBob45.

I agree.  Been here since the 3rd day I believe and watched the price go up.  The first time it was increased was because of such a huge response from the MINING input side of the equation.  As I see it, it should get Progressively More Difficult as we move forward.  I mean these are basically Genesis Members in the block chain...these are individuals who were in on it on the ground floor when they were not certain how this would go.  They believed in it and proving one believes in something requires they sacrifice something else of meaning.  Just my two cents.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline Riverhead

Simply put those that donated earlier can no longer sell the donated 10 PTS for $300 so it has effectively cost them $300 as well or more because the selling option is gone where as those that haven't donated can still opt to or not.

Considering the Founder ID is a reward for a donation I have no problem with most people not being able to buy one before the cast is poured.  As was mentioned earlier by Bytemaster or Stan 99.9% of all ID's will be available from day one so it's not like if you don't donate 10 PTS you're going to be stuck with a name like J0hnBob45.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 08:23:51 pm by Riverhead »

Offline bytemaster

One month of mining for one pc is not expensive. 

Offline rizq

• View Profile
The goal is to maximize profits and that means maximizing margins.  Too cheap and the ID is meaningless.  To expensive and no one buys.   Anyone who mines for one month can buy one at 10 PTs

Exactly, and i think we are on our way to "To expensive and no one buys"

Offline bytemaster

The goal is to maximize profits and that means maximizing margins.  Too cheap and the ID is meaningless.  To expensive and no one buys.   Anyone who mines for one month can buy one at 10 PTs