Author Topic: Why BTS is falling like this?  (Read 13827 times)

Offline mike623317

• View Profile

Well said Ander:

"
I think the main problem is that there are probably only a hundred or so people in the world that actually understand the BTS paid delegates plan, and its benefits, and all of us are on this message board.  And there are thousands of crypto investors out there who bought BTS who have literally no clue what is going on with it, and they just see 'dilution' and the price declining, and they just dump and dump.

At this point we really need the marketing campaign, we need the bitshares info website back up, and we need press releases explaining what has happened and what is coming next, and getting people interested and researching bitshares again.  Once this happens we should get a lot of buying power and the price should rise.  Until it happens we will just keep going lower.  "

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander

I am sure someone bought at around 0.2 CNY will be very frustrated.

Yes I am frustrated. :P

Also still buying and driving down my average price.  (Its much below .2 cny at this point).
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline oldman

• View Profile
One would think the largest investors, by definition, would have the best grasp of the potential of BTS.

It does seem odd that someone with a substantial stake would be heavily divesting at this point... prior to any real marketing.

Or perhaps they are speculating and attempting to grow their stake by causing a run and then buying back in.

It is interesting to watch the price fall clear back to launch prices. 

The good news is that after a dry spell of no one being willing to short BitUSD there is now huge demand to short the dollar.   I suspect someone is selling down external exchanges so they can get a good short entry point on the internal exchange.

Possible and plausible.

I suspect the buying back in will be an interesting exercise - interesting to see sell side depth on the first leg up, post marketing push.

Offline Chuckone

• View Profile
One would think the largest investors, by definition, would have the best grasp of the potential of BTS.

It does seem odd that someone with a substantial stake would be heavily divesting at this point... prior to any real marketing.

Or perhaps they are speculating and attempting to grow their stake by causing a run and then buying back in.

The good news is that after a dry spell of no one being willing to short BitUSD there is now huge demand to short the dollar.   I suspect someone is selling down external exchanges so they can get a good short entry point on the internal exchange.
interesting?damn

Well on a big part of my investment I'm almost 50% down. Yes it is frustrating. But what do you do when your investment drop in value? You buy more to lower your average price, or you hold tight and wait for the sky to clear up.

I imagine there are whales who lost confidence on the product following the change in social contract and divested massively, couple that with market manipulators, other easily panicking investors with weak hands and no major news from dev/marketing for a while and you've got the downtrend we have now.

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
I think alot of it is due to a loss of investor confidence/competitors looking more attractive.

We have had a bit of turmoil with the merger, website being down, no marketing push. When you add to the equation competitors gaining steam, most investors that are chasing profits I think are starting to look else where.

lzr1900

interesting?damn

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline monsterer

A better question to ask might be, "Why has Ripple been rising?"

Very good question - how did their IPO work? Did they sell XRPs for bitcoins, or was it USD?
My opinions do not represent those of metaexchange unless explicitly stated.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline pendragon3

A better question to ask might be, "Why has Ripple been rising?"

Offline oldman

• View Profile

Offline Crossover

• View Profile
Some biggie is exiting slowly. See all the 200k, 100k sells at regular intervals.

I think we will see new lows in the near future, the confidence is gone. Would've been delighted except I am totally out of BTCs.
insiders first out move? )
why they not made pump and dump scheme first

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Its been happening ever since the annoucement... there has been atleast 500 million BTS sold since then... must be a group of people getting out... but good thing is alot of the supply has turned hands... so thats about a quarter of the available supply turning into stronger hands.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 11:06:15 pm by jsidhu »
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

sumantso

Some biggie is exiting slowly. See all the 200k, 100k sells at regular intervals.

I think we will see new lows in the near future, the confidence is gone. Would've been delighted except I am totally out of BTCs.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Considering that bitshares underperformed relative to bitcoin on the day the counterparty news happened, I think there were definitely some people selling bitshares for counterparty that day.

Offline roselee

• View Profile
Considering Bitcoin has had another failing rally and is probably headed sub 300 again... We should see a market cap on BTS near $20 billion before the end of the year.  I think it will maintain its position as the 4th overall market cap crypto as all the other cryptos will fall with bitcoin.

The pain is far from over in the crypto currency space, and we won't hit bottom until everyone who is saying "I bought more" or "I bought all I can and am holding" has panicked and sold.  Only then will we get the turn and a sustained bull market.  Markets are an evil beast designed to prey on your emotions, and make the fewest amount of people money.

A good quote from Paul Tudor Jones "Do the trade that makes you wan't to puke"...  I havn't seen many BTS bulls looking for the barf bags lately
do you think the counterparty move had influence on the price drop at BTS? i have some BTS but i am not trading i am a holder