Author Topic: Vitalik wins software innovation award  (Read 7445 times)

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander

Before his software is even released officially it wins the award?
I'm not against him winning but it's a bit soon.

I agree with this. 

I do think Vitalik is very deserving.  But hype/advertising/media presence is playing at least as much of a role in this award as technical achievements.

It is similar to how in baseball, they give out the gold glove awards, but instead of actually giving them to the best defenders, they give them to the most famous players that aren't outright terrible at defense.  So all the great defense, no offense guys get passed over, and they give the award to someone who is great at offense (and thus famous) and sortof above average at defense.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
In my opinion, market pegged assets is a more worthy invention in itself then putting a scripting language on a blockchain, but these guys think otherwise:

http://www.wtn.net/summit-2014/2014-world-technology-awards-winners

Before his software is even released officially it wins the award?
I'm not against him winning but it's a bit soon.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx
Good for Vitalik, he certainly deserves this honour. Hopefully Dan gets consideration next time.

Offline kisa

• View Profile
Nobody wants to give him some credit? He and his guys made the first complete, clear specification for a scriptable blockchain.
+5%

Offline gamey

• View Profile
lol

?

Am I wrong?
+5%

There was fruit.. then they added loops.. now they sell fruit loops at the store.

I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline gamey

• View Profile

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
Nobody wants to give him some credit? He and his guys made the first complete, clear specification for a scriptable blockchain.
+5%

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline gamey

• View Profile
Someone pointed out to me that Ethereum was founded by a lot of big names in crypto where Dan really had no presence.  They've been able to ride on that going forward.

I'm not saying our marketing was that great, but when you have outgoing personalities in the crytpoworld on your board then you have automagical marketing going forward without even needing to market explicitly.

clout

And this is how you know our marketing blows

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
In my opinion, market pegged assets is a more worthy invention in itself then putting a scripting language on a blockchain, but these guys think otherwise:

http://www.wtn.net/summit-2014/2014-world-technology-awards-winners