Author Topic: Make TITAN a purchasable feature to enable referral program + more DAC income?  (Read 2478 times)

Offline fran2k

• View Profile
  • BitShares: fran2k
I am against charging people extra for TITAN. People should not have to pay extra for privacy, it should be a given.

Totally agree. Also I will not like to see a feature that was free to become paid.
Witness: rmglab /// Buenos Aires BTS Meetup http://www.meetup.com/es-ES/BitSharesBA/ /// [old BTS 1.0 chain] Delegate bitshares-argentina (ex argentina-marketing-matt608) Thread https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15781.0.html

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
I do think he is on to the right idea.. we dont know which ideas are good so its great brainstorming.... If you think about commercial apps they would make privacy an optional service you pay for... Regardless of what competitors do it still may be the right thing to do.. We shouldnt follow competitors but set the bar for others to want to copy... If people generally dont use titan then we should make it optional.. if we envision titan integrated into mail system to avoid spoofing then lets make all things titan.
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline fuzzy

I am against charging people extra for TITAN. People should not have to pay extra for privacy, it should be a given.
Yes competition doesnt so we cant

I agree

Nevermind this idea

/thread

oh if only my bad ideas and fail posts were this good :)
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline matt608

• View Profile

I agree

Nevermind this idea

/thread
« Last Edit: December 07, 2014, 10:54:54 am by matt608 »

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
You cam stop the discussion as you cannot stop people from performing titan transactions .. its a ecc feature not a blockchain feature

Offline islandking

• The king of the island
    • View Profile
I've been working on a new electronic cash system that's fully peer-to-peer, with no trusted third party. - Satoshi

Offline fuzzy

As another item of discussion.  I am personally against charging people for TITAN.  I think the privacy should not be something for which one must pay--at least where we can help it.

Offline matt608

• View Profile
Nevermind this idea, BM clarified in mumble that the thin clients wont use TITAN, it will just be there for those using the full Bitshares.  He was talking about this in the context of recurrent payments which need TITAN not to be used.

I love posts like this.  Thank you matt for making me feel like something ive helped create is valued.   It is bm and you guys/gals who bring the value, but its nice feeling like im a bartender at a watering hole that improves some aspect of peoples lives.

The mumble sessions are great, I look forward to them every week :)  Much appreciation!

Offline fuzzy

Nevermind this idea, BM clarified in mumble that the thin clients wont use TITAN, it will just be there for those using the full Bitshares.  He was talking about this in the context of recurrent payments which need TITAN not to be used.

I love posts like this.  Thank you matt for making me feel like something ive helped create is valued.   It is bm and you guys/gals who bring the value, but its nice feeling like im a bartender at a watering hole that improves some aspect of peoples lives.

Offline matt608

• View Profile

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
TITAN is a crypto feature .. the current blockchain simple does not see if it's titan or not!
However, you could build extra logic into it that allows only transactions to REGISTERED names unless you 'buy' the TITAN feature ..
But I am not sure if I like it

For those that haven't noticed: The CLI already has a call "wallet_transfer_to_address" or so .. that allows to send to an address without using TITAN!

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
This is interesting.

What if TITAN was not normally enabled, but a transaction could be made into a TITAN anonymous transaction for a small fee - maybe 1 BTS?
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline matt608

• View Profile
A referral program of some kind essential, but TITAN makes it a bit difficult.

I was wondering, what if TITAN wasn't automatically enabled, but could be purchased? E.g. 50bitUSD or maybe more e.g. 500bitUSD?. That may even help it sound like more of a feature. That way the affiliate would still get the TITAN fee if the referral paid it immediately before depositing/transacting large funds, and could be a source of income for the DAC in non-referred users.

A rewards program could be in place for those who sign up any user (merchants, savers, spenders, forex traders, investors, etc). Affiliates would earn their transaction volume fees. Refer a user and whatever happens you get their fees or a big cut of their fees such as 50%, or if the referral pays to enable TITAN then the affiliate could get 100% of the TITAN fee and the transaction fees would then become unknown and go to the DAC.

This would mean it could all happen automatically within the system. 

No dilution required to pay for it, apart from the initial cost of coding it.  No delegates required to run it.  It just runs itself once it's coded in.

Put simply

Affiliate gets a "download wallet referral link" with their username in the URL generated from within the Bitshares client.  If a wallet is downloaded from that URL any new accounts set up from it are the affiliates referrals.  All users can easily generate this link and become affiliates.  Who's the download hosted by?  I don't know, bitshares.org?

Affiliates earn the fees of their referrals

TITAN makes this not possible to track I think

Allow users to pay to enable TITAN

New type of fees from TITAN are burnt and profit the DAC, or if the user was referred they are sent to the affiliate.

Even more simply:  Generate referral link from within the client.   Earn the fees of whoever signs up via your link.

Its just an idea, maybe the fees wont be enough of an incentive.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 06:57:58 pm by matt608 »