Author Topic: Delegate Wish List  (Read 5045 times)

Offline matt608

• View Profile
Something needs to be done about expanding wish lists like this into a list of 'job offers' in a new sub forum which can be promoted outside of current Bitshares developers.  With comments like this starting to arrive:
http://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/2nouij/make_2500_a_month_being_one_of_the_first_persons/cmguyvw

And no where to specific to send them. 

People just say 'make a delegate for yourself' and give them a huge barrier to getting the work done, learning about delegates, setting one up, campaigning, paying a huge fee upfront.  It's crazy to make someone do that and it will just turn people away.  We need to have a few delegates with 100% pay voted in to be run by people who's responsibility is to hire developers for specific tasks. Bounties are no good because the worker never knows if they are going to get paid as there could be others working for the same bounty.

While the agreement between delegate + voter can be informal, consisting of campaign pledges rather than contracts, when a delegate hires someone else they need to have the option of offering a contract with a fixed amount bitUSD for the task, not requiring the worker become an elected delegate.  If delegates need to be legally defined to do this then we need a discussion about what delegates should be legally defining themselves as being.

I would eagerly vote for a trusted figures such as BM to have another delegate (or 2) pledged to be used entirely for hiring.

For marketing its a killer angle to have job openings working for a blockchain, even if they don't end up working for it directly (some will though).

We need job listings, at least 10 separate listings created in a new bitsharestalk subforum called of 'job openings', with the skills required and a task or small group of tasks. 

Once this is done and there's a delegate elected and ready to 'hire', this message can be blasted across the world at low cost because its such an awesome story.

I'm running as a marketing delegate and having this done would be hugely useful.  Some big traffic can be drummed up, and developer interest stirred up at the same time!

Please do it!

Tl/DR:

- We need funds available and ready to spent on hiring by a trusted figure (e.g. Bytemaster)
- A more comprehensive list of all desired tasks
- A new subforum where tasks are separated (reasonably) and its made to look like the feast of opportunity that it is.  This can then easily be promoted as a 'special place on the Internet' etc (+ can replace the bounty forum).
- Discussion about the legal definition of delegates.  Does the whole thing need to be informal?  That makes us 'slippery', hard to interact with the world.

This
Better yet start a whole new website for it.  It doesn't need to be a big coding enterprise.  A clone of Elance costs under $900:
http://www.agriya.com/products/freelancer-clone

We could set that up and have an in-house bitshares jobs site.  Only delegates have access to post jobs.  Simple.  If it gets busy enough it could even become an income source by turning on the listing fees.  There would just need to be a little of work on it to integrate bitUSD as a payment option and offer bonuses to employees to accepted payment in bitUSD.

This is the way to do it.  Get a site like that set up and then we can promote it to great effect.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 12:57:19 pm by matt608 »

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube

Great work!    May I suggest the following modifications:

1) Add a referrer account that will receive some BTS when the new account is registered.
2) Facebook Login
3) Ask user to share their friends / social network for additional BTS for everyone who signs up (whether google, twitter, or facebook)
4) Rather than asking the user to "enter their KEY + name"
5) Error message on invalid public key is not friendly
6) Check the availability of a username without having the user "click" the button. 

I fully support your efforts with this and would like to keep the faucet funded!

Thanks for your support and cool ideas! 

And thanks to your suggestion, Valzav has contacted me to explore synergy with his referral program.  I will share with him my ideas too.

http://faucet.bitshares.org/

"pls add a <title>BitShares Faucet</title>"

I have updated the title at http://freebts.cubeconnex.com:3333 (the child frame). However, the title is still not showing because the person taking care of the 'parent  frame' needs to update the title for it to take effect.
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai

1) Add a referrer account that will receive some BTS when the new account is registered.
2) Facebook Login
3) Ask user to share their friends / social network for additional BTS for everyone who signs up (whether google, twitter, or facebook)
6) Check the availability of a username without having the user "click" the button. 

I fully support your efforts with this and would like to keep the faucet funded!

And thanks to your suggestion, Valzav has contacted me to explore synergy with his referral program.  I will share with him my ideas too.

http://faucet.bitshares.org/

"pls add a <title>BitShares Faucet</title>"
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Security Auditor! Sergiooo

+5%
+5% ..
@toast: please put it into the OP!

We should push this list into the "open positions" press release prepared in rune's thread

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline onceuponatime

Or Andreas Antonopolous - that's his job for blockchain.info

Offline toast

• View Profile
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
* A delegate for cass
* Another web GUI dev (maybe we should pull svk)

+5%

svk is in located in france! Same timezone, this would be great :)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 02:35:58 am by cass »
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline cube

• View Profile

2) Facebook Login

Offline bytemaster

You did great with the keyID faucet! I can pick up a domain for it.

It has been my pleasure working with you. :)   

I did some work on the BTS faucet - http://freebts.cubeconnex.com:3333.  Please review it and let me know your comments.

2) Facebook Login

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline cube

• View Profile

It has been my pleasure working with you. :)   

I did some work on the BTS faucet - http://freebts.cubeconnex.com:3333.  Please review it and let me know your comments.

Offline toast

• View Profile
I can work on the signup faucet.  :)

Offline svk

I'd be happy to contribute more on the wallet itself, although at the moment I still have a fair amount of work left on Bitsharesblocks. I could definitely see myself handling the "easier" stuff like ux and interface bugs etc while valzav handles the more complicated stuff.
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline cube

• View Profile
I can work on the signup faucet.  :)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
* A delegate for cass
* Another web GUI dev (maybe we should pull svk)
+5%

delegate for FAUCETs?