Author Topic: Registration Fee for CME Virtual Conference Booth  (Read 6822 times)

Offline mira

• View Profile
Thank you everyone who has sent contributions! We are ~0.234 BTC away from covering the fee.

Please review and give feedback on the company description I drafted for our booth. I wanted to focus on BitAssets, and I figured it was okay to get technical considering the demographic. Feedback is appreciated.

Also, there is a 2000 character limit.

Are you a merchant that would like to accept cryptocurrencies directly without having to pay a third party service to mitigate risk due to volatile prices? Perhaps you are a trader and would like the ability to hedge without exiting to fiat currency. Or maybe you seek peace of mind, and would like to keep your savings safe from unexplained seizures by the IRS.

BitShares (BTS) provides the solutions to these problems by leveraging a new technology called BitAssets. A BitAsset is a first order derivative that tracks the price of a particular currency or commodity, such as the USD, CNY, EURO, or GOLD. This mechanism is known as the market peg, and is maintained by establishing a Nash Equilibrium between traders to trade around the real price of the commodity. These assets such as bitUSD for example, are issued on the decentralized exchange that exists directly on the BitShares blockchain. Issuance occurs when an order is matched between a short order and the bitUSD buyer (long position), "minting" the bitUSD into existence backed by at least 3x the value in BTS as collateral. The collateral is "locked up" on the blockchain, becoming freed when the short position is covered. Covering effectively destroys the bitUSD, removing it from circulation. The short can purchase the bitUSD and cover their position at anytime within 30 days. After 30 days, the short expires and is automatically covered. If the price of BTS falls relative to the USD such that 75% of the collateral stored would be required to buy back the bitUSD necessary to cover the position, a margin call is executed and the position is covered automatically. This ensures that the bitUSD in circulation is always fully backed by BTS as collateral. Holders of bitUSD and other BitAssets receive a variable % yield paid out of a reserve fund on the blockchain, funded by market fees.

BitShares provides the services of a decentralized bank, exchange, and derivatives market all on one blockchain.

I have attempted an edit:

Are you:

- a merchant wanting to accept cryptocurrencies directly without having to pay a third party service to mitigate the risk of volatile prices?

- a trader wanting the ability to hedge without exiting to a fiat currency?

- or are you simply seeking peace of mind, wanting to keep your savings safe from unexplained seizures by IRS/Banks/Government?

BitShares (BTS) provides solutions to these problems, leveraging a new technology called BitAssets. A BitAsset is a first order derivative that tracks the price of a particular currency or commodity, such as the USD, CNY, EURO, or GOLD. The mechanism is known as the "market peg", and is maintained by establishing a Nash Equilibrium between traders to trade around the real price of the commodity. These assets, bitUSD for example, are issued on the decentralized exchange existing directly on the BitShares blockchain.

Asset issuance happens when matching occurs between a short order and a bitUSD buyer (long position), "minting" the bitUSD into existence backed by at least 3x the value in BTS as collateral. The collateral is "locked up" on the blockchain, to be freed when the short position is covered. Covering effectively destroys the bitUSD, removing it from circulation. A short can purchase the bitUSD and cover its position at anytime within 30 days. After 30 days, the short expires and is automatically covered. If the price of BTS falls relative to the USD to the extent that 75% of the collateral stored would be required to buy back the bitUSD necessary to cover the position, a margin call will be executed and the position covered automatically. This ensures that bitUSD in circulation is always fully collateralized. Holders of bitUSD and other BitAssets receive a variable % yield paid out of a reserve fund on the blockchain, funded by market fees.

Thus BitShares provides the services of a decentralized bank, exchange, and derivatives market all on one blockchain.

+5%
Clear and concise, and also (hopefully) will help me to be more so when explaining bitshares.

Offline onceuponatime

I'm also in with 0.1 btc. Where should I send it?

Re: Registration Fee for CME Virtual Conference Booth
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2014, 05:45:59 PM »

Good idea. I'll ask a mod to move this thread to general so I don't have to make a duplicate post.

Please send contributions to 14CL3ATQ46SBMetCvQniUCr4HsjuRH2UmV  and I will send them on to the event organizer on Monday with the rest of the booth information.

Media kit: http://cryptomoneyexpo.com/expos/inv2/Cryptomoneyexpo_Sponsorship_offer.pdf

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
I'm also in with 0.1 btc. Where should I send it?

Offline vegolino

• Reality is Information
    • View Profile
Sent  0.14125916 BTC 
Unfortunately I have run out of BTC therefore not 0.1666667, but could send some BTS to make up for difference if you could let me me know BTS name/address.  :)

Sent 0.1666667 - 0.14125916 = 0.02540754 BTC on your behalf   :)
Thanks  :)

Offline onceuponatime

Thank you everyone who has sent contributions! We are ~0.234 BTC away from covering the fee.

Please review and give feedback on the company description I drafted for our booth. I wanted to focus on BitAssets, and I figured it was okay to get technical considering the demographic. Feedback is appreciated.

Are you a merchant that would like to accept cryptocurrencies directly without having to pay a third party service to mitigate risk due to volatile prices? Perhaps you are a trader and would like the ability to hedge without exiting to fiat currency. Or maybe you seek peace of mind, and would like to keep your savings safe from unexplained seizures by the IRS.

BitShares (BTS) provides the solutions to these problems by leveraging a new technology called BitAssets. A BitAsset is a first order derivative that tracks the price of a particular currency or commodity, such as the USD, CNY, EURO, or GOLD. This mechanism is known as the market peg, and is maintained by establishing a Nash Equilibrium between traders to trade around the real price of the commodity. These assets such as bitUSD for example, are issued on the decentralized exchange that exists directly on the BitShares blockchain. Issuance occurs when an order is matched between a short order and the bitUSD buyer (long position), "minting" the bitUSD into existence backed by at least 3x the value in BTS as collateral. The collateral is "locked up" on the blockchain, becoming freed when the short position is covered. Covering effectively destroys the bitUSD, removing it from circulation. The short can purchase the bitUSD and cover their position at anytime within 30 days. After 30 days, the short expires and is automatically covered. If the price of BTS falls relative to the USD such that 75% of the collateral stored would be required to buy back the bitUSD necessary to cover the position, a margin call is executed and the position is covered automatically. This ensures that the bitUSD in circulation is always fully backed by BTS as collateral. Holders of bitUSD and other BitAssets receive a variable % yield paid out of a reserve fund on the blockchain, funded by market fees.

BitShares provides the services of a decentralized bank, exchange, and derivatives market all on one blockchain.

I have attempted an edit:

Are you:

- a merchant wanting to accept cryptocurrencies directly without having to pay a third party service to mitigate the risk of volatile prices?

- a trader wanting the ability to hedge without exiting to a fiat currency?

- or are you simply seeking peace of mind, wanting to keep your savings safe from unexplained seizures by IRS/Banks/Government?

BitShares (BTS) provides solutions to these problems, leveraging a new technology called BitAssets. A BitAsset is a first order derivative that tracks the price of a particular currency or commodity, such as the USD, CNY, EURO, or GOLD. The mechanism is known as the "market peg", and is maintained by establishing a Nash Equilibrium between traders to trade around the real price of the commodity. These assets, bitUSD for example, are issued on the decentralized exchange existing directly on the BitShares blockchain.

Asset issuance happens when matching occurs between a short order and a bitUSD buyer (long position), "minting" the bitUSD into existence backed by at least 3x the value in BTS as collateral. The collateral is "locked up" on the blockchain, to be freed when the short position is covered. Covering effectively destroys the bitUSD, removing it from circulation. A short can purchase the bitUSD and cover its position at anytime within 30 days. After 30 days, the short expires and is automatically covered. If the price of BTS falls relative to the USD to the extent that 75% of the collateral stored would be required to buy back the bitUSD necessary to cover the position, a margin call will be executed and the position covered automatically. This ensures that bitUSD in circulation is always fully collateralized. Holders of bitUSD and other BitAssets receive a variable % yield paid out of a reserve fund on the blockchain, funded by market fees.

Thus BitShares provides the services of a decentralized bank, exchange, and derivatives market all on one blockchain.

Offline robrigo

Offline onceuponatime

Sent  0.14125916 BTC 
Unfortunately I have run out of BTC therefore not 0.1666667, but could send some BTS to make up for difference if you could let me me know BTS name/address.  :)

Sent 0.1666667 - 0.14125916 = 0.02540754 BTC on your behalf   :)

Offline vegolino

• Reality is Information
    • View Profile
Sent  0.14125916 BTC 
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 01:12:59 pm by aloha »

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile
From BTC-E

-0.101 BTC   Withdrawal BTC to address 14CL3ATQ46SBMetCvQniUCr4HsjuRH2UmV   29.11.14
21:09:04
=============
btsx address: hpenvy
Tips appreciated for good work

Offline onceuponatime

Date: 11/29/2014 11:26
To: Registration fee CME booth 14CL3ATQ46SBMetCvQniUCr4HsjuRH2UmV
Debit: -0.16666667 BTC
Transaction fee: -0.0001 BTC
Net amount: -0.16676667 BTC
Transaction ID: bcbb523857da7f826acf62c0d0c0ced8d44d1764e1d4b43ba8263508482f8ec5-000

Offline robrigo

Good idea. I'll ask a mod to move this thread to general so I don't have to make a duplicate post.

Please send contributions to 14CL3ATQ46SBMetCvQniUCr4HsjuRH2UmV  and I will send them on to the event organizer on Monday with the rest of the booth information.

Media kit: http://cryptomoneyexpo.com/expos/inv2/Cryptomoneyexpo_Sponsorship_offer.pdf

TODO List:

1) We can have 2 "staff members" at our booth. I am fine with being one of them. If someone else wants to volunteer for the other position that would be great.

2) Write up a concise company description to provide with the booth.

3) Play around with image sizing to fix logo distortion. See: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=11698.msg155708#msg155708

4) Waiting on the organizer to answer some of the following Q's:

For the 1 BTC booth, do we need to provide Rollup / Logo List / Rollup Small images?

Also, is it possible to provide you with 2 separate infographics to use for our brochure?

Should I put the website URL in the company description?

Is the Video URL separate from the featured pitch we are providing? Is a 30 minute video too long for the featured pitch?

Lastly I would like to draft a guideline for the "staff members" attending to pull content from for answering questions during the conference. That way we don't provide conflicting information.

Offline onceuponatime

I think if you would move this thread to general discussion we would have more people show interest. Not many check marketing section. I go to marketing once a week, but check general discussion every day. By the way I don't mind paying 0.1666667  :)

Agreed. Would be great to move this thread to General Discussion for the next two days.

Offline vegolino

• Reality is Information
    • View Profile
I think if you would move this thread to general discussion we would have more people show interest. Not many check marketing section. I go to marketing once a week, but check general discussion every day. By the way I don't mind paying 0.1666667  :)

Offline robrigo

"...the current cost is 0.16666667 BTC..."

Yes, I am willing to pay this amount. I didn't see an address to send to? I assume you are going to accumulate the funds in your address and then forward the full amount to the organizers?

I was holding off on collecting contributions until I was sure all of the contributors that want to pitch in had said so and I finalized the booth setup. I have no problem covering the cost and collecting the contributions afterward. I'll update this thread after the booth is finalized with the address to forward your contribution on to. Thanks!

Offline onceuponatime

"...the current cost is 0.16666667 BTC..."

Yes, I am willing to pay this amount. I didn't see an address to send to? I assume you are going to accumulate the funds in your address and then forward the full amount to the organizers?