Author Topic: NEW ProtoShares Logo  (Read 16312 times)

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Re: NEW ProtoShares Logo
« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2013, 11:45:02 am »
I agree, considering the color scheme did not change it shouldn't affect our designs.  Super3 and Brian are in charge of this decision going forward.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/marcbabej/2011/10/03/how-do-you-know-when-its-time-to-change-your-companys-logo/

Given the importance of a logo and the expense of executing a chance, you’d expect companies to err on the side of “if it works, don’t fix it”. But there are two types of vested interests that can skew decisionmaking: First, there are still a few marketers out there who define success in terms of revamped marketing communications and branding – and a logo redesign is one of the surest ways to look like you’re making a change.

Hmmm - changing the logo is not just a design decision. The more I think about it, the more I think its a bad idea. I doubt we'll see any direct effect of it, but recognition will suffer and it sends a message of variability and transience. Entirely the wrong message.

iam completly with you Free Trade - and btw the current icons works quite well ... pls scale the icon on this thread here to 16x16 px ... the PTS icon is the best seeable icon on coinmarketsap.com etc.
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2013, 11:40:51 am »
The Logo could only be used as part of a version upgrade, not just a random change of the logo on the same old thing...

Why you wanna change the PTS logo!? Its just clear and effective! I think we have much more other things to do ... and logo change in this period of development, i guess would have a more bad effect then good ...
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline google

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2013, 03:53:12 pm »
beautiful

Offline krystalwhite

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2013, 07:44:39 am »
I prefer the original however if you are going to change the lineless 3d.  The first one you posted looked a bit like 'Tetris'.

In off 'crypto world' marketing changing your logo can create a lot of headaches and expense, plus people get used to a logo and like stability.  People trust stability - what are you telling people when you change your logo ...?

How does the new logo look when on printed material etc.  The logo should look good on and off screen.  Is the logo still recognisable in b&w.  How does it look postage stamp size/ A3 etc

Are you creating a brand logo - i.e. are all other 'products' going to follow this logo design in some format or are each of the 'products' going to have different logos.  If the later is the case then I think it may get confusing.

Have you got a brand 'tree' in mind

IMHO - you need a brand logo first then let the other 'product' logos flow from that.  Similar to the idea/images 8bit posted.

Anyhow your choice...

kw

PS does this mean you are going to upgrade the wallet - qt with the new logo - please don't I had soooo much trouble syncing it -

Offline mitao

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2013, 07:26:57 am »
Changing logo might be the worst idea so far...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline bytemaster

« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2013, 06:26:24 am »
The Logo could only be used as part of a version upgrade, not just a random change of the logo on the same old thing...
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline FreeTrade

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2013, 06:05:55 am »
I agree, considering the color scheme did not change it shouldn't affect our designs.  Super3 and Brian are in charge of this decision going forward.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/marcbabej/2011/10/03/how-do-you-know-when-its-time-to-change-your-companys-logo/

Given the importance of a logo and the expense of executing a chance, you’d expect companies to err on the side of “if it works, don’t fix it”. But there are two types of vested interests that can skew decisionmaking: First, there are still a few marketers out there who define success in terms of revamped marketing communications and branding – and a logo redesign is one of the surest ways to look like you’re making a change.

Hmmm - changing the logo is not just a design decision. The more I think about it, the more I think its a bad idea. I doubt we'll see any direct effect of it, but recognition will suffer and it sends a message of variability and transience. Entirely the wrong message.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 06:10:49 am by FreeTrade »
“People should be more sophisticated? How are you gonna get that done?” - Jerry Seinfeld reply to Bill Maher

Offline stuartcharles

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2013, 12:18:23 am »
my vote is for the line less 3d. Also the sample page looks professional and inviting
Great work super3

Offline super3

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2013, 08:31:36 pm »
The old one looks OK. And I think it's not a good idea to change the icon since Pts has been pulished. It will confuse people.
We had to do this for Peercoin, and didn't encounter any major problems.

Offline userhl

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2013, 02:09:42 pm »
The 3D one looks better. But the old one is easy to remember.

Offline userhl

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2013, 02:03:40 pm »
The old one looks OK. And I think it's not a good idea to change the icon since Pts has been pulished. It will confuse people.

Offline gmosx

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2013, 07:01:24 pm »
I like the lineless logo.

Offline 8bit

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2013, 03:56:44 am »
I went ahead and flattened the 3D logo completely, and added a bunch of color swaps. I like the blue for protoshares, but it might make sense to have bitshares be in another color?:

Code: [Select]
wallet_approve_delegate eightbitA VOTE FOR EIGHTBIT IS A VOTE FOR CRUDE DICK ART

Offline pgbit

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2013, 08:52:12 pm »
The first one looks a little too q-bert for me  :o

I do like the 3d lineless version, very cool!
You could mirror it horizontally for the b in the new Bitshares logo too.
Now having the p and b logos that were mirrored would look slick!

Neat idea. I prefer the lineless logo. Possibilities to turn it into an optical illusion: http://michaelbach.de/ot/sze_missCornerCube/index.html
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 09:09:00 pm by pgbit »

Offline RejectKid

• View Profile
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2013, 08:39:46 pm »
I like the lineless one as well!
PTS: Pu4ahefp2nMXeQw2cxome8g6V9B4faLx81 BTC: 1NcZg4xF9zSCNUpVanfwfMJY7kqAXtdrbu MMC: MWsdbnkdZRPNEQru1YeeATZTGmqhuSYFoN
Reddit: www.reddit.com/r/protoshare www.reddit.com/r/memorycoin