Author Topic: I've not been this excited since I discovered Bitcoin in 2011  (Read 2633 times)

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
I discovered Bitshares during the PTS/AGS funding rounds and did read up on it and invest some money.
Now that the Bitshares client is out everything seems to be coming together and I think it has huge potential.

The pegged assets are fascinating but they almost seem too good to be true however I can't see what is possibly wrong with them at the moment?

I do have some concerns though:
  • I read up on the recent dilution - with invictus innovations running out of funding due to the BTC price fall, could this happen as a method of fundraising again?
  • There is a risk of hardforks and possible roll backs. If I were to buy bts, could a rollback result in me then losing all of them?
  • It is still way too complicated for the average user to get involved - only crypto enthusiasts find it logical. When we reach v1 are there plans to make bts more user friendly (ease of securing bitUSD/bts & acquiring)?

Yup i'm working on some shopping cart plugins so e-commerce customers can plug into the bitshares world by accepting BitUSD/BitEur/BitGDP etc etc so it will be seamless integration, aslong as they accept a fiat currency they can accept the bitshares asset equivalent and the plugins will handle everything for you... this will enable customers to not have to "change" their way of doing business too much other than accepting bitshares assets(and adding in a bitshares plugin to the e-commerce shopping cart on their website) and converting them to fiat through BTS and then BTC if they really want, like to pay off suppliers etc.. but I'm guessing people will more and more likely intend to stay within the asset because it pays interest and BTS should rise, so converting to BTS from BitUSD etc.

I like it!
I do feel that merchants are unlikely to adopt BitUSD though unless they are able to swap it straight into fiat. I imagine exchanges may offer such a service one day?

There shall be on/off ramps which are regulated.
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline mdj

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mdj
I discovered Bitshares during the PTS/AGS funding rounds and did read up on it and invest some money.
Now that the Bitshares client is out everything seems to be coming together and I think it has huge potential.

The pegged assets are fascinating but they almost seem too good to be true however I can't see what is possibly wrong with them at the moment?

• I read up on the recent dilution - with invictus innovations running out of funding due to the BTC price fall, could this happen as a method of fundraising again?
  • There is a risk of hardforks and possible roll backs. If I were to buy bts, could a rollback result in me then losing all of them?
  • It is still way too complicated for the average user to get involved - only crypto enthusiasts find it logical. When we reach v1 are there plans to make bts more user friendly (ease of securing bitUSD/bts & acquiring)?

Yup i'm working on some shopping cart plugins so e-commerce customers can plug into the bitshares world by accepting BitUSD/BitEur/BitGDP etc etc so it will be seamless integration, aslong as they accept a fiat currency they can accept the bitshares asset equivalent and the plugins will handle everything for you... this will enable customers to not have to "change" their way of doing business too much other than accepting bitshares assets(and adding in a bitshares plugin to the e-commerce shopping cart on their website) and converting them to fiat through BTS and then BTC if they really want, like to pay off suppliers etc.. but I'm guessing people will more and more likely intend to stay within the asset because it pays interest and BTS should rise, so converting to BTS from BitUSD etc.

I like it!
I do feel that merchants are unlikely to adopt BitUSD though unless they are able to swap it straight into fiat. I imagine exchanges may offer such a service one day?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
maybe also mention that transaction fees are burned ... so sooner or later the amount burned will be higher than the amount 'created' for the paid positions ..
the faster the adoption .. the smaller the total dilution

Offline Riverhead

Welcome aboard, MDJ! A lot us us came here with similar excitement and concerns. Weeks or months later, we're still just as excited, and usually a lot less concerned.

+5%

Also about the dilution. It was calculated out that there actually is a max number of coins. Something around 3.7 billion I think. With the halving every 4 years it eventually goes to effectively zero after four or five iterations of halving.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Welcome aboard, MDJ! A lot us us came here with similar excitement and concerns. Weeks or months later, we're still just as excited, and usually a lot less concerned.

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile

+5% Great

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile

Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1
the max dilution is 6.3% in first 4 years . but the actually dilution is ~2%.
and max dilution is halve per 4 years
github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
They are working behind the scenes to make it all more accessible as well. Next few months will see a lot of things happening on the marketing side.

Offline sparkles

• View Profile
Invictus didn't dilute to raise funds, they diluted to merge competition and focus on a single product.

Delegates are now elected with potential for dilution of up to ~6% of the market cap per year.  Unless the market cap of BTS were to fall BTS should have a development budget of $2.5 million per year if all 100 delegates were paid delegates.

There are never any rollbacks with BTS, but there are certainly still many hard forks as BTS is under active development.

I certainly hope they make it nicer, but if they don't then I will with Sparkle. 

Offline mdj

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mdj