Author Topic: VPS Quality Survey  (Read 1923 times)

Offline Riverhead

I'm using DO based in Amsterdam, it's been really good for me.

7497 blocks and 16 missed on delegate.svk31, most of those were from me doing stupid things like ctrl+c instead of ctrl+a for example  :-[
Thank you, that's good to know. I'll create a backup in Amsterdam.

And yes, I missed my fair share of blocks from stupid mistakes.

Correct, no pay for missed blocks. That comes directly out of my pocket as the payroll is a fixed rate. As long as I'm above 98% I'm good. Below that I'm operating at a loss.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
.. most of those were from me doing stupid things like ctrl+c instead of ctrl+a for example  :-[
oh yhea .. I know these aswell  :-\

Offline svk

I'm using DO based in Amsterdam, it's been really good for me.

7497 blocks and 16 missed on delegate.svk31, most of those were from me doing stupid things like ctrl+c instead of ctrl+a for example  :-[
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I am running my VPS @ chunkhost.com (LA) .. because the take BTC :)
never had issues .. but to be honest, I don't care too much anymore about missed blocks as long as I do not produce forks
But your position is surely different with a 100% pay delegate ...

Not sure but, if you miss a block .. you don't get paid .. right?
That was different before the paid positions hard fork

Offline Riverhead

Me either but BM has requested the payroll node not be in the US.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
DO nodes in north america never gave me any problems.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline Riverhead

Recently I started running the bm.payroll.riverhead 100% delegate. The delegate has missed 2 blocks since going live. I was using a Digital Ocean droplet in Singapore. I have since moved to an AWS in Australia in the hopes of better reliability.

The point of this thread is for delegates to share their experiences with VPS services from various vendors and geographic locations. I'll compile this thread into a Google Sheets document that will rank the VPS.

Digital Ocean - NY, USA, 10k+ blocks, 98.2% reliability. A lot of those misses were due to 1) me messing up and 2) early days client stability.

Digital Ocean - Singapore, 100 blocks, 98% reliability. Zero client crashes or issues. This latency either from me or the person before me. I'm thinking it was the VPS.

AWS - Sydney, AUS, 2 blocks, 100% reliability. Just started using it...we'll see.