Author Topic: Sparkle Snapshot Date Announcement - December 14th  (Read 7176 times)

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
Re: Sparkle Snapshot Date Announcement - December 14th
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2014, 12:35:16 am »
Fuzz I've also had a problem withdrawing from BTER recently.  It's been a few hours since I sent them from the exchange to my wallet, but they havn't shown up yet.  You still having this same problem?

Offline ffwong

• View Profile
  • BitShares: fftt
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2014, 05:18:49 am »
Fuzz I've also had a problem withdrawing from BTER recently.  It's been a few hours since I sent them from the exchange to my wallet, but they havn't shown up yet.  You still having this same problem?

I got similar problem as well. Not just sending from bter to my wallet. But even sending between bittrex and poloniex does not work. Should we still stick to 14 Dec as the snapshot date? The BTS network is chaotic right now. Why not readjust the snapshot date? It seems to be a wrong action at the wrong moment :(

Cast me some votes. I am running:
- dragonball for Bitshares 2.0 net
- delegate.fftt for PTS (DPOS) net

Offline freeworm

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2014, 09:10:43 am »

I got similar problem as well. Not just sending from bter to my wallet. But even sending between bittrex and poloniex does not work. Should we still stick to 14 Dec as the snapshot date? The BTS network is chaotic right now. Why not readjust the snapshot date? It seems to be a wrong action at the wrong moment :(

Re-syncing the wallet.

We will take BTS snapshot for Sparkle at the end of Dec.14. Don't forget to deposit before it at https://bter.com/myaccount/deposit/BTS

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2014, 09:21:56 am »
if the last block is mined 13/12 hope that take snapshot of next block, if not people buying last day/minute pts will be pissed of

People trading on exchanges that honour the snapshot will be fine.

For the others there has been ample pre-warning time.
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline ffwong

• View Profile
  • BitShares: fftt
« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2014, 10:30:04 am »

Re-syncing the wallet.

We will take BTS snapshot for Sparkle at the end of Dec.14. Don't forget to deposit before it at https://bter.com/myaccount/deposit/BTS

I downloaded the latest release of Bitshares wallet. Delete chain and peer data, resync the block, and finally rescan my wallet against the blockchain. But still, I did not get the withdrawal from bter. I will keep my rest of BTS on bter as they honor my SPK. I believe the BTS chain is a mess (forks) now. Even bitsharesblock reports to use v0.4.26 client, it does not shows the txid from bter and bittrex (I believe they also updated to latest wallets as they halts the service very recently for upgrade). So far, I still have 100 (bter-> my wallet) + 700 BTS (bittrex -> poloniex) transferred BTS missing. 

Cast me some votes. I am running:
- dragonball for Bitshares 2.0 net
- delegate.fftt for PTS (DPOS) net

Offline joele

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2014, 10:32:36 am »

Nice, this mean Bter will add Sparkle to their exchange once wallet is release

Offline kickky

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2014, 12:56:31 pm »

i think sparkle said no exchange snapshot. so bter will not take snapshot i guess

Re-syncing the wallet.

花爷PTS钱包地址:PmUahfrEvADd7KewwpcZwNBg6LNGgzCyAG
花爷比特币钱包地址:1Ggfyb5HN6Eb7S5j3zax3NpQ4V6ZWStHeh

Offline kickky

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2014, 01:18:38 pm »

i think sparkle said no exchange bts will be honored in the post
Re-syncing the wallet.

花爷PTS钱包地址:PmUahfrEvADd7KewwpcZwNBg6LNGgzCyAG
花爷比特币钱包地址:1Ggfyb5HN6Eb7S5j3zax3NpQ4V6ZWStHeh

Offline sparkles

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2014, 11:15:35 pm »
Actually I said exchange sparks belong to the exchange not to the depositors unless the exchange chooses to do otherwise.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2014, 11:26:01 pm »
Actually I said exchange sparks belong to the exchange not to the depositors unless the exchange chooses to do otherwise.
... because you cannot force them to do otherwise (read: the "right" thing)  8)
Give BitShares a try! Use the http://testnet.bitshares.eu provided by http://bitshares.eu powered by ChainSquad GmbH

Offline sparkles

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2014, 11:28:22 pm »

Actually as founder I deem the right thing for the exchange to keep them.  I want the exchange to have financial incentive to list sparks so they can potentially sell them.  I want them to have a stake in the success.   I want people to keep funds off of exchanges. 

Offline graffenwalder

« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2014, 11:39:10 pm »

Actually as founder I deem the right thing for the exchange to keep them.  I want the exchange to have financial incentive to list sparks so they can potentially sell them.  I want them to have a stake in the success.   I want people to keep funds off of exchanges.
What? That doesn't make any sense.
You want exchanges to list sparkle by giving them sparkle. But you do not want people trading sparkle on exchanges?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
« Reply #42 on: December 14, 2014, 11:44:35 pm »

You want exchanges to list sparkle by giving them sparkle. But you do not want people trading sparkle on exchanges?
Hm .. i see bter doing this all the time with the 1% withdrawal fee and the 1% extra on BTS deposits .. basically .. if you took part in the bts snapshot ON the bter exchange .. you pay a 1% fee for them redeeming YOUR stake .. maybe that's the best way to go .. like an implementation fee payed by those participating in that progress on the exchange ..

the way bter does it currently hurts people that want to by bts paying btc ... they instantly have a 1% loss :(
Give BitShares a try! Use the http://testnet.bitshares.eu provided by http://bitshares.eu powered by ChainSquad GmbH

Offline onceuponatime

« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2014, 12:00:48 am »

Makes sense to me. Only keep your funds on an excahnge when you are actively trading. This reduces the risk of being Goxed.

Offline Riverhead

« Reply #44 on: December 15, 2014, 12:05:26 am »

Hm .. i see bter doing this all the time with the 1% withdrawal fee and the 1% extra on BTS deposits .. basically .. if you took part in the bts snapshot ON the bter exchange .. you pay a 1% fee for them redeeming YOUR stake .. maybe that's the best way to go .. like an implementation fee payed by those participating in that progress on the exchange ..

the way bter does it currently hurts people that want to by bts paying btc ... they instantly have a 1% loss :(
Did they gain 1% on deposit or does that not apply to BTC?