Author Topic: Hard Questions for Bytemaster  (Read 32873 times)

Offline underwun

• Board Moderator
  • Life Matters
    • View Profile
BM's plan regarding vote is intriguing, and I am not knowledgable enough to comment whether it will work or not.

What I can't understand is how was that supposed to be a competitor for 'Decentralized Bank and Exchange'. How exactly is a market pegged Asset needed to be on the same platform as voting? I could understand DNS being merged, even merging MUSIC makes more sense to me.

Some thoughts:

Not specifically for market pegged assets but why, in my opinion, Votes should be part of the same platform

Voting doesn't just apply to politics but is inherent in business decision making, in the future we would like to see voting made possible for UIA as well as delegates consequently having it in the same code makes sense.

In addition the Bitshares tech/biz model depends on driving usage for BitAssets where the desire to create and lock in BTS using 'shorts' drives scarcity and price. With this in mind any usage model that drives consumption of a BitAsset is desirable. Consequently the voting feature could be and will be used in picking winners in gambling services where BitAssets will be used, so once again it seems to make sense.

There are other reasons that come to mind but we might want to consider the impact of answering questions in their entirety as they result in the sharing of plans that might not be obvious to other services
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 08:25:21 am by underwun »
There's a reason for everything and if there isn't there should be...

sumantso

BM's plan regarding vote is intriguing, and I am not knowledgable enough to comment whether it will work or not.

What I can't understand is how was that supposed to be a competitor for 'Decentralized Bank and Exchange'. How exactly is a market pegged Asset needed to be on the same platform as voting? I could understand DNS being merged, even merging MUSIC makes more sense to me.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Secret marketing plans...

NOT ME... I told Brian those were a bad idea... he gets to own that one ;)

ROFL - thank you BM for this statement :)
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline merlin0113

• View Profile
I get so tired of people just complaining with 20/20 hindsight, and never offering (or attempting to build consensus around) any better ideas.

It was very easy for us all to be critical when we had no info at all on what the plan was, and hadnt been shown anything yet.

The community now seems hard at work on a variety of great projects, and I am glad they are starting to get monetary support (paid delegate positions) for this as well.

The upside of the fact that we all got impatient with the marketing efforts was that the community started doing it themselves. 

Now we will have a variety of different marketing projects going, and we dont need all of them to succeed, we just need some of them to succeed.  We no longer have all our eggs in one basket.  We dont have a single point of failure.

If the official marketing fails, the community marketing might succeed, and vice versa. 

Its a friendly competition now.  Will the official marketing programs bear fruit before the community efforts being lead by methodx, matt, and others?  We will see.

Now this competition is gone for good.

While Brian Page has left there is still a marketing team.  Murderistic, bitsharesmarket, and then Adam's team.  Then the community marketing team led by HPEnvy and methodx.

Thank you. Longterm I see this as a positive.

Offline gamey

• View Profile
I get so tired of people just complaining with 20/20 hindsight, and never offering (or attempting to build consensus around) any better ideas.

It was very easy for us all to be critical when we had no info at all on what the plan was, and hadnt been shown anything yet.

The community now seems hard at work on a variety of great projects, and I am glad they are starting to get monetary support (paid delegate positions) for this as well.

The upside of the fact that we all got impatient with the marketing efforts was that the community started doing it themselves. 

Now we will have a variety of different marketing projects going, and we dont need all of them to succeed, we just need some of them to succeed.  We no longer have all our eggs in one basket.  We dont have a single point of failure.

If the official marketing fails, the community marketing might succeed, and vice versa. 

Its a friendly competition now.  Will the official marketing programs bear fruit before the community efforts being lead by methodx, matt, and others?  We will see.

While Brian Page has left there is still a marketing team.  Murderistic, bitsharesmarket, and then Adam's team.  Then the community marketing team led by HPEnvy and methodx.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline merlin0113

• View Profile

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Brent.Allsop

• View Profile
    • Canonizer.com

I’m loving the stash of shirts I got.

And I get kind of nauseated by complainers and criticizers.  Most of this thread is very hard and painful to read.  Isn’t it better to propose and build consensus around better ideas, and more importantly do something to make them happen, than just try to destroy ideas at least some are doing a great job actually thinking of and working on?

I am a big fan of not just Follow My Vote and Adam Ernest, but in what they are trying to do.  And the plan to try to do a parallel vote sounds absolutely wonderful.  But, my gut wonders if such could work.  It seems to me it might be very hard to get people to change their behavior.  And what are the chances, really, that we can design a narrative, along the lines of what Dan is talking about, and make it go viral?  It seems scary to be dependent on that.

I’m trying to think what I (or any of us) could do to help out.  For example, would it help if I (or anyone in their local communities) tried to contact some of their local news reporters to see if we could get some stories started with this?  After all, the Mormons in Utah LOVE all things Bitcoin.  Patrick M. Byrne, and most of Overstock .com are Mormons.  Did you see how much mileage the Utah couple got that did their honeymoon living off Bitcoin?  You should have seen all the media attention they got in Utah!  If I could get some help, I bet we could help get something started at least in Utah.  Anyone else willing to help with such?  I’m not the best at authoring proposals for articles, but I could do some leg work and some contacting.  I bet there are ideas way better than this for every community all over the world.  How do we organize, and co-operate, so we can collaborate and get it all done?

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
And now we know what the 22.5 million BTS was spent on.

All is revealed. :P
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline bytemaster

Probably still in boxes.

You should sell them at a steep discount for bitUSD.

Or offer them BitUSD to take the shirt!

Believe it or not they were all given away :)
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Probably still in boxes.

Or offer them BitUSD to take the shirt!

Offline fuzzy

Probably still in boxes.

WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline Vizzini

• View Profile
  • BitShares: vizzini
Probably still in boxes.
Never go against a Sicilian when death is on the line.

Offline wasthatawolf

Hahaha, I couldn't help myself

Offline bytemaster

Secret marketing plans...

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.