Author Topic: The Bitshares SUPERbull thread  (Read 11214 times)

Offline oldman

• View Profile
Lol everytime the price jumps up like that, I wish I had sold some and waited...but I know, I just f'ing know that the one time I decide to take the plunge and sell some the bull rally will start without me and I'll end up buying back at a premium.

Trading drives me bonkers. I don't know how people can do it without going mad. Sticking to my hold strategy...for now.  :P

Good call btw lil_jay. Spot on.

Yeah it is really hard to time a bottom. Although in a few years I honestly believe that this thread will feel so stupid. Just like the speculation threads on bitcointalk arguing about whether you should buy bitcoin at $0.20 or wait till a drop to $0.15 :D now bitcoin is $400 ish and it really doesn't matter whether you paid $0.05 more.

The trick for early adopters of bitcoin was being a strong hand to see it all the way though and not cashing out a long the way. You would have had to hold through the price jumps of $1, $5, $10, $50....

Stay strong and hold for the next few years!

Yep, this.

Just hodl and let time do your trading for you.

Offline islandking

• The king of the island
    • View Profile
Lol everytime the price jumps up like that, I wish I had sold some and waited...but I know, I just f'ing know that the one time I decide to take the plunge and sell some the bull rally will start without me and I'll end up buying back at a premium.

Trading drives me bonkers. I don't know how people can do it without going mad. Sticking to my hold strategy...for now.  :P

Yeah it is really hard to time a bottom. Although in a few years I honestly believe that this thread will feel so stupid. Just like the speculation threads on bitcointalk arguing about whether you should buy bitcoin at $0.20 or wait till a drop to $0.15 :D now bitcoin is $400 ish and it really doesn't matter whether you paid $0.05 more.

The trick for early adopters of bitcoin was being a strong hand to see it all the way though and not cashing out a long the way. You would have had to hold through the price jumps of $1, $5, $10, $50....

Stay strong and hold for the next few years!
I've been working on a new electronic cash system that's fully peer-to-peer, with no trusted third party. - Satoshi

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
bet u will be able to buy sub 40mil market cap in the next 2 weeks... Wayyyy too many raving bulls at a lower high

Where did all the bulls go???

lzr1900

Are we still in a bull trend?
0.1cny again. >:( >:(

Offline Vizzini

• View Profile
  • BitShares: vizzini

Bullshit trend, more like. Or whalebot trend. Give us a decent client and some marketing, stir it up together with some Red Bull, and make yourself a real bull trend. Until then, call it a whalebot trend; a couple of big investors will continue to utterly manipulate the price on the exchanges, while nickle-and-dimers on the forum jump and get excited when there's an uptick or downtick. In absence of any real news, it's just whales and their bots.

If you understand the technical aspects of trading and are willing to sit things out when there's any sort of disruptive news, then you can make a few bucks that way. But if you believe Bitshares is going much higher, like most of us do, then it doesn't really matter when you buy in. Maybe you have better things to do with your time, or you can make more money, by not going cross-eyed watching charts. We know it's going to start increasing very soon. Would you rather be holding or sitting when that time comes?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 07:05:14 pm by Vizzini »
Never go against a Sicilian when death is on the line.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
About a week ago, the 1 day MACD gave a buy signal.
3 days ago we broke the downtrend line, as shown in the first post.
Yesterday the moving averages gave a bullish crossover buy signal.

After the price went to .135, it has consolidated, doing a roughly .618 fib retracement of the gian, which is perfectly normal.

This is a retest of the breakout point, which is generally the best time to buy from a risk/reward standpoint.    You arent always given that opportunity, but when it happens, it is a very good trade.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline islandking

• The king of the island
    • View Profile
The price seems to have bottomed out now, as there is huge buying support right now at 4900/5000. Ander your thoughts? I am just holding for the long term, but I think we could see another breakout soon.

It looks to me that the market has chosen to make a slower push up to .170 (and then later new highs), rather than taking the (low probability) 1-2 week explosive move to new highs. 

Even though I posted this superbull chart in the first post, this was always a MUCH more likely scenario.  I just thought there was a chance of BTS doing what ripple just did and going up 200% in a week or two. 

It looks now that we have corrected the rise that occurred on Nov 28 and are ready to move higher again at a more reasonable pace. 

It is almost always true that if you sell some on the spike rises, you can buy back in lower in a couple days.  Indeed, those of you that sold the spike to .135 were able to buy back in lower now.  I usually do this, sell 10% on a big rise, buy back a bit lower.  I decided not to do it this time, because I felt that we *might* just go crazy to the upside, but it didnt happen.  Grats to those of you who gained shares doing so.

My main priority is to not miss the coming big BTS rally as a result of my trading, so I am only selling/rebuying when the probabilities look very heavily in favor of it working. 

One final note:  If you manage to sell a rise and rebuy a bit lower within the 8 hour period that china is asleep, it almost always works, because btc38 is unlikely to drive up the price during that time.

I've been working on a new electronic cash system that's fully peer-to-peer, with no trusted third party. - Satoshi

Offline Ander

• View Profile
I was gone for a week....WTF happened to cause the Ripple price to skyrocket?

Nothing, it was purely technical as far as I can tell.  That is, price had been slowly going up and gathering momentum, and then it broke a key level and then the momentum players went crazy and drove it up massively.   This is exactly what I was hoping would happen in BTS, with the chart at the start of this thread, however it didnt happen (at least not yet - it still might.  But of course it is low probability!)

News events drive markets when they occur, but there are also plenty of moves that do not have any corresponding news event or reason. 
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Ander

• View Profile
The price seems to have bottomed out now, as there is huge buying support right now at 4900/5000. Ander your thoughts? I am just holding for the long term, but I think we could see another breakout soon.

It looks to me that the market has chosen to make a slower push up to .170 (and then later new highs), rather than taking the (low probability) 1-2 week explosive move to new highs. 

Even though I posted this superbull chart in the first post, this was always a MUCH more likely scenario.  I just thought there was a chance of BTS doing what ripple just did and going up 200% in a week or two. 

It looks now that we have corrected the rise that occurred on Nov 28 and are ready to move higher again at a more reasonable pace. 

It is almost always true that if you sell some on the spike rises, you can buy back in lower in a couple days.  Indeed, those of you that sold the spike to .135 were able to buy back in lower now.  I usually do this, sell 10% on a big rise, buy back a bit lower.  I decided not to do it this time, because I felt that we *might* just go crazy to the upside, but it didnt happen.  Grats to those of you who gained shares doing so.

My main priority is to not miss the coming big BTS rally as a result of my trading, so I am only selling/rebuying when the probabilities look very heavily in favor of it working. 

One final note:  If you manage to sell a rise and rebuy a bit lower within the 8 hour period that china is asleep, it almost always works, because btc38 is unlikely to drive up the price during that time. 

Offline sschechter

• View Profile
I was gone for a week....WTF happened to cause the Ripple price to skyrocket?
BTSX: sschechter
PTS: PvBUyPrDRkJLVXZfvWjdudRtQgv1Fcy5Qe

Offline islandking

• The king of the island
    • View Profile

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
I didn't either...but I didn't sell a single BTS even when it was at $0.05 but rather kept buying and I am pretty sure that in the long run I won't regret it because I believe that we are in bitcoin of 2010.

Offline islandking

• The king of the island
    • View Profile
So it appears like it was a good idea to sell and buy back. (I did not :( )

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
10x increase before the end of february! Lets see how bitmarkets videos and methodX's headhunting reddit post and ads goes.

+5% eager to see :)
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█