Author Topic: BitShares vs Ethereum  (Read 19337 times)

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
this summer

Do I sense another exciting edition of "BitShares Summer Announcements" on the horizon? tbh those "Winter Storm Warnings" just weren't doing it for me...

:P

This is the last paycheck you can afford to buy BTS at these price .
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
this summer

Do I sense another exciting edition of "BitShares Summer Announcements" on the horizon? tbh those "Winter Storm Warnings" just weren't doing it for me...

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
That was from the August 2014 Cryptolina event, shortly after this picture was taken.

We spent several days together and V and BM exchanged a lot of great ideas.

Haven't talked much lately, but that could change at any time and I sense there is nothing preventing it other than it will probably have to wait till we come up for air on our current thrusts.  Perhaps when we catch up with ETH on CMC later this summer we will take August off and go pay him a visit wherever he is at that time.  :)

You just gave me a reason to sell more BTS with your price prediction  :'( :'(

The last time it happened 。。。。。
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline Tuck Fheman

Perhaps when we catch up with ETH on CMC later this summer

:D
Lucksacks.com - The Largest Cryptocurrency Freeroll Poker Site in the World!

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
That was from the August 2014 Cryptolina event, shortly after this picture was taken.

We spent several days together and V and BM exchanged a lot of great ideas.

Haven't talked much lately, but that could change at any time and I sense there is nothing preventing it other than it will probably have to wait till we come up for air on our current thrusts.  Perhaps when we catch up with ETH on CMC later this summer we will take August off and go pay him a visit wherever he is at that time.  :)

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline BitShares News

• The Source for Hangout Transcripts
    • View Profile
    • BitShares Blockchain News
  • BitShares: bitshares-news
Is that photo recent?

Would be nice if Dan could share any discussion they had in that sense,

No that's from a few years ago I believe. @Stan can probably confirm or deny.
This blog has ceased operation. http://goo.gl/2uU8s7

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
Is that photo recent?

Would be nice if Dan could share any discussion they had in that sense,
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline BitShares News

• The Source for Hangout Transcripts
    • View Profile
    • BitShares Blockchain News
  • BitShares: bitshares-news
Does any of CNX or Dan, assuming he does maintain contact, have the opinion of other lead devs on this, like Vitalik? What do they think about this?

We have two leading chains that would work better together, apparently. I think it would be worth having a discussion about this between both sides (BitShares and Ethereum)

Notorious DEX with Lil Buterin ;)
This blog has ceased operation. http://goo.gl/2uU8s7

Offline Akado

• View Profile
I agree with Tuck. I believe they can complement each other. Find a way for both chains to communicate (sidechains?) and we will have the first mega ecosystem with potential to do pretty much anything in the best way possible.

Like you said, Ethereum can do some things BitShares can't and vice-versa, so they just need a way to communicate in order to complement each other, giving birth to the first super crypto ecosystem with the best versatility and performance.

The best of both worlds, in a single one, while at the same time both keep their unique identities.

This.

One could argue that it is even a woven braid of three chains the same way:  BTS - ETH - BTC playing nicely together.  BTS is the autobahn that ties them together while providing a DEX for all to use.  This could grow to include all blockchains that have something unique to offer.

Does any of CNX or Dan, assuming he does maintain contact, have the opinion of other lead devs on this, like Vitalik? What do they think about this?

We have two leading chains that would work better together, apparently. I think it would be worth having a discussion about this between both sides (BitShares and Ethereum)
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
I agree with Tuck. I believe they can complement each other. Find a way for both chains to communicate (sidechains?) and we will have the first mega ecosystem with potential to do pretty much anything in the best way possible.

Like you said, Ethereum can do some things BitShares can't and vice-versa, so they just need a way to communicate in order to complement each other, giving birth to the first super crypto ecosystem with the best versatility and performance.

The best of both worlds, in a single one, while at the same time both keep their unique identities.

This.

One could argue that it is even a woven braid of three chains the same way:  BTS - ETH - BTC playing nicely together.  BTS is the autobahn that ties them together while providing a DEX for all to use.  This could grow to include all blockchains that have something unique to offer.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Akado

• View Profile

« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 07:48:04 pm by Akado »

Offline Tuck Fheman

Where can I find good links comparing Bitshares and Ethereum technologies? (Pros and cons).

I need this to explain it to people.

Thanks.

I can't answer your question off the top of my head, but I'd like to say that BitShares and Ethereum can (and perhaps will) work nicely together one day.

So instead of (like the title of this thread) the "versus" mentality, perhaps explain how they will one day have a symbiotic relationship to defeat the current fiat based global banking system [*on knees praying*].

I think this is more important to stress to newcomers to cryptocurrency than, "Ethereum does this", "BitShares does that" ... "and no on knows which will win".

It gives the impression they are competing against each other, when in fact the only people competeting in each camp are the fiat chasing speculators who's greed has gotten the best of them [IMHO].

I'm not saying you have this attitude, but I think this should always be kept in the front of anyone's mind when discussing BitShares and Ethereum together.

BitShares does some things that Ethereum can't do (and that works both ways) or does/will do differently, but ultimately they are both doing the same thing (giving individuals a "swiss bank account in your pocket") in different ways and choice is good.

As Dan said Friday, Ethereum will be the Microsoft of Virtual Machines ... but BitShares can likely do it better, faster and easier (as of now).

Ethereum is way ahead in the funding and marketing departments, but BitShares is way ahead on the technology front IMHO.

I believe Dan once said this as well (in a better way), that one camp spends a lot of time talking to others about what it can do one day, while Dan and company sit behind their computers coding three years ahead.

If you look at some of Vlad Samfir's talks, Ethereum won't be approaching the speed of BitShares until their 4th hard fork many m00ns away.

So each one does something well and they compliment each other nicely when bundled together, I believe Rune could have something to say on that front.

Well that's just my opinion, but I'm just the village idiot so be sure to consult someone who actually knows something around here. ;)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 07:37:10 pm by Tuck Fheman »
Lucksacks.com - The Largest Cryptocurrency Freeroll Poker Site in the World!

Offline JonnyB

• View Profile
    • twitter.com/jonnybitcoin
Ethereum - A slow and expensive decentralised computer to be used for mission critical tasks in wider systems.

Bitshares - A fast dedicated decentralised exchange that runs on a blockchain.
I run the @bitshares twitter handle
twitter.com/bitshares

Offline Louis

Where can I find good links comparing Bitshares and Ethereum technologies? (Pros and cons).

I need this to explain it to people.

Thanks.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani