Author Topic: Search Market freezes entire client for few minutes when "Bit" typed in  (Read 1752 times)

Offline svk

Search Market is nearly unusable on Core 2 2 GHz machine with 4 Gb RAM (Win7 64-bit).

When "Bit" typed in the "Search Market" field client starts intense calculations, CPU load between 50 and 100%, and BitShares.exe process memory usage is 1.5 Gb.

Terminating BitShares.exe process leaves database in unstable state and requires restore from backup.

Is there alternate way of searching by asset name and/or browsing available assets?

Fixed:

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=11949.0

The asset list has 5750 combinations at the moment due to all the user assets, what was freezing the computer was the DOM creation of all those listings with "bit" in them.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 09:55:59 am by svk »
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
That's because there are too many bitassets, I consider it as a bug...

BTW, yvg1900 is a talent guy, I used his mining software for PTS. I think he is very good at windows programming.

As you can see, the windows version wallet is still not good, do you consider joining the dev team to improve it? If so, I will be the first to support you to be a 100% payrate delegate.  +5%
BTS committee member:jademont

Offline merlin0113

• View Profile
I have the same exact problem several days ago. My OS is also WIN7 64bit, wallet version 0.4.24.

Offline valzav

• View Profile
What is your Bitshares client version?
It's got improved significantly in 0.4.24.

Offline yvg1900

• View Profile
  • BitShares: yvg1900
Search Market is nearly unusable on Core 2 2 GHz machine with 4 Gb RAM (Win7 64-bit).

When "Bit" typed in the "Search Market" field client starts intense calculations, CPU load between 50 and 100%, and BitShares.exe process memory usage is 1.5 Gb.

Terminating BitShares.exe process leaves database in unstable state and requires restore from backup.

Is there alternate way of searching by asset name and/or browsing available assets?
Follow @yvg1900 on Twitter for yam miner updates and support