Author Topic: Marketing and Business Development Efforts In a Nutshell  (Read 4621 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

what happen to BTS today ,  price drop suddenly in morning?
play  snapshot make price drop?
some rumors said that China Union pay will ban bitcoin trading in the future.

wow
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

lzr1900

some rumors said that China Union pay will ban bitcoin trading in the future.

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1
github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Matt608 is a delegate candidate who proposes to fund an Argentina campaign. Separately, Delegate Methodx's Nullstreet crew also includes the private citizen Matt608, though not in his Argentinian or would-be delegate guise. He's working on regular marketing projects as one (important) member of Methodx's team.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan

MethodX and the Nullstreet Blues.  A grass roots marketing effort targeting, among other things, economies like Argentina where stable alternative currencies are most needed.

Great write up.  +5%

I just want to correct that MeTHoDx is not targeting Argentina at all, I am!  And it wont happen unless people get their votes in.

Oooops! PM me with the correct text and I'll change it in the OP!

OK, the fix is in:

MethodX and the Nullstreet Blues.  A grass roots marketing effort targeting the cryptosphere with matt608 organising an initiative to target Argentina where stable alternative currencies are most needed.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
I thought I'd sticky a little marketing summary here for newcomers to get a quick flavor for what is going on in BitShares marketing and business development.

We don't have a marketing team.  We have, um, seven! ... at last count!

Each is working independently with the intention of single-handedly making BitShares a success. Their approaches barely overlap.  If any one of them succeeds, BitShares will succeed.

I expect all of them to succeed.

Their successes are additive, mutually-reinforcing, and compounding.

I'm merely going to list the teams in this header article.  Perhaps each team would like to post a summary and links to threads where their activities are being discussed...

Bo and the Eastern Alliance.  Launching a program of slick, thick paperback publications, start-ups, and meet-ups in multiple big cities across China. Also working to attract big investors. A powerhouse team of talent that prefers to work invisibly behind the scenes.

Brian and the Three Marketeers.  Currently building on and off-ramp partnerships, funnel websites and preparing to market BitAsset currencies to targeted demographic groups in the general public.

MethodX and the Nullstreet Blues.  A grass roots marketing effort targeting, among other things, economies like Argentina where stable alternative currencies are most needed.

Adam and FollowMyVote.  Pursuing new users by meeting them where they interact with government sanctioned services and alternatives to government sanctioned services - and a few more twists.

John Underwood and Remitabit.  Pursuing the regional remittance user demographic and viewing the banking industry as customers, not competitors.

Third Party DACs.  Yes, while pursuing their own independent businesses they are marketing for us by calling attention of their own specialty demographics to the crypto 2.0 industry.  Music, Play, Sparkle, PTS, et. al. are potent marketing forces in their own right.  We expect this to be the tip of the iceberg.

Fuzzy and the Mumble Rumble  I'm going to count Fuzzy as a marketing team to the diligent investor class.  By bringing together high quality recordings and deep background interactive discussions with all the key players in our industry, he is providing an incredible resource for investors seeking to do due diligence.  Where else can you get bleeding edge insights so far ahead of the rest of the public?

So there you have it.   Within the expanses of this forum you will find lots of information about what's going on in marketing.  Who else did I forget?  It's nice to have a problem where you can't keep track of all the marketing initiatives going on.  I'm sure we'll see more soon.  Especially with delegate funding streams available to the most excellent among them.

There are tons of other potential strategies that could work just like these:
Find a large group of people who care passionately about something, anything.
Talk to them about their passions.
Show how what we have can benefit what they care about.

Then, oh, by the way, you can earn 5% or more on your savings and checking account...

This is supposed to be a decentralized community supporting a decentralized company providing decentralized currencies and a growing array of other decentralized services.  To succeed while avoiding bottlenecks and single points of failure, we need decentralized marketing as well. 

By George, I think we've got it!

If it is true that BitShares made it to Number Four on coinmarketcap.com without a lot of marketing, what do you suppose it will mean when all of these independent and motivated teams reach full stride?

So, what other marketing teams can you think of to address unique interest groups?

Do we have anybody who is a trusted member of some of these communities?

survivalblog.com - James Rawles
thesurvivalpodcast.com  - Jack Spirko
dont-tread-on.me - Chris Duane
peakprosperity.com - Chris Martinson
sovereignman.com - Simon Black
www.codepink.org
savethewhales.org
yourfavoritepoliticalcandidatefornationaloffice.org

Whatever... :)

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex

Great write up.  +5%

I just want to correct that MeTHoDx is not targeting Argentina at all, I am!  And it wont happen unless people get their votes in.

Oooops! PM me with the correct text and I'll change it in the OP!

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Excellent writeup... thanks

Fuzzy and the Mumble Rumble  I'm going to count Fuzzy as a marketing team to the diligent investor class.  By bringing together high quality recordings and deep background interactive discussions with all the key players in our industry, he is providing an incredible resource for investors seeking to do due diligence.  Where else can you get bleeding edge insights so far ahead of the rest of the public?
@fuzz: this officially states that you have a go for your own delegate... go get some compensation for yourself and your family!!!!!

+5% you'll get my vote.... !!!!!
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline matt608

• View Profile

Great write up.  +5%

« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 09:24:24 am by matt608 »

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile

@fuzz: this officially states that you have a go for your own delegate... go get some compensation for yourself and your family!!!!!
I'll vote for that!

Sent from my Timex Sinclair.

+5%  +5%
=============
btsx address: hpenvy
Tips appreciated for good work

Offline Riverhead

I'll vote for that!

Sent from my Timex Sinclair.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline gamey

• View Profile

How could you miss the #1 of them all ?

Stan
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
I thought I'd sticky a little marketing summary here for newcomers to get a quick flavor for what is going on in BitShares marketing and business development.

We don't have a marketing team.  We have, um, seven! ... at last count!

Each is working independently with the intention of single-handedly making BitShares a success. Their approaches barely overlap.  If any one of them succeeds, BitShares will succeed.

I expect all of them to succeed.

Their successes are additive, mutually-reinforcing, and compounding.

I'm merely going to list the teams in this header article.  Perhaps each team would like to post a summary and links to threads where their activities are being discussed...

Bo and the Eastern Alliance.  Launching a program of slick, thick paperback publications, start-ups, and meet-ups in multiple big cities across China. Also working to attract big investors. A powerhouse team of talent that prefers to work invisibly behind the scenes.

Brian and the Three Marketeers.  Currently building on and off-ramp partnerships, funnel websites and preparing to market BitAsset currencies to targeted demographic groups in the general public.

MethodX and the Nullstreet Blues.  A grass roots marketing effort targeting the crypto-sphere with matt608 organizing an initiative to target Argentina where stable alternative currencies are most needed.

Adam and FollowMyVote.  Pursuing new users by meeting them where they interact with government sanctioned services and alternatives to government sanctioned services - and a few more twists.

John Underwood and Remitabit.  Pursuing the regional remittance user demographic and viewing the banking industry as customers, not competitors.

Third Party DACs.  Yes, while pursuing their own independent businesses they are marketing for us by calling attention of their own specialty demographics to the crypto 2.0 industry.  Music, Play, Sparkle, PTS, et. al. are potent marketing forces in their own right.  We expect this to be the tip of the iceberg.

So there you have it.   Within the expanses of this forum you will find lots of information about what's going on in marketing.  Who else did I forget?  It's nice to have a problem where you can't keep track of all the marketing initiatives going on.  I'm sure we'll see more soon.  Especially with delegate funding streams available to the most excellent among them.

There are tons of other potential strategies that could work just like these:
Find a large group of people who care passionately about something, anything.
Talk to them about their passions.
Show how what we have can benefit what they care about.

Then, oh, by the way, you can earn 5% or more on your savings and checking account...

This is supposed to be a decentralized community supporting a decentralized company providing decentralized currencies and a growing array of other decentralized services.  To succeed while avoiding bottlenecks and single points of failure, we need decentralized marketing as well. 

By George, I think we've got it!

If it is true that BitShares made it to Number Four on coinmarketcap.com without a lot of marketing, what do you suppose it will mean when all of these independent and motivated teams reach full stride?

« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 12:44:00 am by Stan »