Author Topic: Great Bitshares Video, Hope to See an Update  (Read 5301 times)

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
If you want to do a technical video, I would recommend that you emulate the format of things such as MinutePhysics or CGPGrey.

Its basically a technical video with pictures and some humor, and it is presented to you at 100 miles an hour, talking quickly and moving on to the next idea quickly.

This might seem absurd, because it is presented to the viewer WAY too fast for them to actually understand or internalize anything! But it makes the video exciting and fun, rather than boring.  The result is that someone who is less interested will be able to actually watch the video through once, instead of turning it off, while someone who is very interested will just watch it over and over until they feel they understand things. 

I wish we had bitshares related videos like this.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
IIRC brian et al. Have 9 videos in the pipeline

Is there a post that outlines anything about the length, topics, eta? I remember reading something about a handful of videos being created, but don't recall any details. I know Bitmarket is working on a bitUSD item.

Max Wright's smiling Aussie face will soon be everywhere.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 09:27:05 pm by Stan »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I just know (read: have read somewhere) .. that brian is working on videos .. the number "9" might be arbitrary :-| .. maybe @MktDirector can shad some light

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile

Is there a post that outlines anything about the length, topics, eta? I remember reading something about a handful of videos being created, but don't recall any details. I know Bitmarket is working on a bitUSD item.
=============
btsx address: hpenvy
Tips appreciated for good work

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile
Plus the mechanic is different now and relies heavily on price feeds which are not mentioned.

But yeah, this is the video that got me into BTS.

I'm not a techie, but it seems to me there a bit of a divide between the developer types and the masses. I'm trying to spread the word of BitShares, but everyone i speak with want quick summary of what it is. If you cant explain it in a 30 seconds peoples eyes glaze over.

I just think we need to series of videos - ranging from a 30 second take away to a much longer description.
Also, a tips in the bitshares app would be nice - like a ? next to things that give a sentence explanation. Several people have said that they downloaded it, but arn't sure how it works.

I'm not trying to be critical, just trying to be honest because i really want this to work.

Thanks
Michael

I would take whatever chunk of the marketing budget it took to do exactly what you described. 30-60 second videos describing the major concepts and then glue videos to tie the concepts together.

Yeah short punchy 30-60 seconds are best. A marketing/explanatory video that's longer than 5 minutes is too long >95% of the time imo.

+5% Great

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile
Plus the mechanic is different now and relies heavily on price feeds which are not mentioned.

I'm not a techie, but it seems to me there a bit of a divide between the developer types and the masses. I'm trying to spread the word of BitShares, but everyone i speak with want quick summary of what it is. If you cant explain it in a 30 seconds peoples eyes glaze over.

I just think we need to series of videos - ranging from a 30 second take away to a much longer description.
Also, a tips in the bitshares app would be nice - like a ? next to things that give a sentence explanation. Several people have said that they downloaded it, but arn't sure how it works.

I'm not trying to be critical, just trying to be honest because i really want this to work.

Thanks
Michael

I would take whatever chunk of the marketing budget it took to do exactly what you described. 30-60 second videos describing the major concepts and then glue videos to tie the concepts together.
=============

Offline mike623317

• View Profile

Thanks
Michael

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
That video was great back then but I agree with mike.. An updated simpler version with numerical examples is a must at some point.

Offline mike623317

• View Profile

Although i think the video is OK, everyone i speak to about it seems to think its rather dry and dull and they wont watch it all the way through. I think people want a more glossy, shorter, simple to understand version.

Just my 2 cents from what im seeing.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
14000 views on a video like this. BM is a genius at making difficult subjects easily comprehensible. That's really what drew me in originally.

I know, right?

I must have watched his Bob vs. Alice BitUSDSmackdown at least 30 times.

So probably only 400 individuals actually saw this :)

:o^^
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
14000 views on a video like this. BM is a genius at making difficult subjects easily comprehensible. That's really what drew me in originally.

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile
=============