Author Topic: Status of Bitshares ME + user issued assets?  (Read 1509 times)

Offline valzav

• View Profile
UIA creation/issuance is going to be back into the GUI in next release

Good to know.  Should we be advertising delegate spots for developers who can develop these features more? (the bonus features I outlined). 

We are soon to push the grassroots marketing initiative 'getting hired by the blockchain'.  Should getting developers for UIA features be one of the targets?  If so, what skills are needed in terms of coding languages etc - what to put on the job description?  This could be a great example 'job' to use.

As soon as advanced UIA features would be finished and tested in the toolkit it shouldn't be a big deal to add support to GUI.
I wouldn't go for additional developers at this point, at least on frontend side things look bright: recently svk has joined as delegate, ElMato is working on mobile wallet, James is working on libraries needed for light weight client.

Offline matt608

• View Profile

Good to know.  Should we be advertising delegate spots for developers who can develop these features more? (the bonus features I outlined). 

We are soon to push the grassroots marketing initiative 'getting hired by the blockchain'.  Should getting developers for UIA features be one of the targets?  If so, what skills are needed in terms of coding languages etc - what to put on the job description?  This could be a great example 'job' to use.

Offline valzav

• View Profile

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
UIA can only be created with the console as these require some research and can end up with high fees ..

the wallet is under continuous development and the devs are already aware of the performance issues (especially on windows machines) .. they are working on it.

Besides that, I agree that UIA should be much easier to create in the future to allow the "ME" functionalities!

Offline matt608

• View Profile
Is Bitshares ME + user issued assets the same thing?  How do I issue an asset?  I can see there are loads of them in the asset directory but after 10 mins of looking in the client I can't see how to create one.

It looks messy at the moment.  Current problems I encountered:

- Clicking on a UIA asset name or symbol in the directory goes to a page with naked code containing issuer info,  if this code is clicked i goes to their profile and gives an error message "account name (number) invalid account name!"  plus code in the "show details".
- Clicking in the "search markets" in the markets section makes my client repeatedly freeze for about a minute (on Mac)
- visiting a UIA market (having searched for it once the client unfreezes) gives the error "market is not initialised" with code appearing in the "show details".
- I can't see how to create an assest.

I'm just sending this as a repot for devs and a question, is this going to be fixed and ready for the "1.0" launch?   What I'm writing for bloggers is basically a promotion and guide of Bitshares ME/user issued assets.

This could be expanded to be a major income source for BTS.  User issued assets issuers should have the option of paying a big fees for the following bonus features:

- Their own light wallet just for their asset (more fees for each version, mac, windows etc).
- Mobile wallets just for their asset
- web wallet just for their asset
- Customise their wallet with brand integration (not automated, requires a delegate to hire designer/coder to do the work)
- a trading pair on a web based exchange (holy grail) for fiat/UIA (do deals with on/off ramp partners). 

Once a light client is developed for 1 UIA, could it be easily cloned and used for another?  Then big blogs and online newspapers could issue their own blog/author/newspaper coin (as well as tons of other markets like musicians in peertracks).

Is this kind of thing part of the plan for BTS?