Author Topic: My TEDx Bermuda Presentation on Cryptocurrencies  (Read 7958 times)

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
What happened to your new coin idea?
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

charleshoskinson

But I prefer to think you came by to share your wonderful talk (Congratulations; I enjoyed it!) and to be nice. The following sounds fine to me. 

Thank you

Charles, would you consider being a delegate in BitShares?

Stan emailed me about this possibility months ago; however, I haven't invested a great deal of thought into it. I'm starting an education venture next year and I'd like to start having a bit of impartiality. That said, if a position is open where I could conduct research in the form of building models, aggregating data and analyzing it like a data scientist, then I wouldn't be opposed to it. 

Honestly, I'm most passionate about voting, ID management, and secure communication. In terms of a software project for next year, I think my talents could be better suited towards evolving mailvelope using dart and polymer alongside some new cryptographic primitives and blockchain linkage. This work would have a much greater and less polarizing impact than anything I've done previously.

Ethereum reference and/or the dropping of a big name or two.

Well I did watch the room last Friday.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 06:40:51 am by charleshoskinson »

Offline Vizzini

• View Profile
  • BitShares: vizzini
If this thread follows the same pattern as others, then you'll start by saying something nice (done). Next, you'll remind us how you built BitShares. Finally, you'll critique how things have gone to heck here after they didn't listen to you & would have been much better. And somewhere in there will be an Ethereum reference and/or the dropping of a big name or two.

But I prefer to think you came by to share your wonderful talk (Congratulations; I enjoyed it!) and to be nice. The following sounds fine to me. 

there are plenty of good things about bitshares to talk about from market pegged assets to incumbancy value transfers and titan. DPOS will be interesting to discuss in 2015.

Charles, would you consider being a delegate in BitShares?
Never go against a Sicilian when death is on the line.

charleshoskinson

+5%
This is a good presentation.  You have a talent for breaking down complex concepts into plain english.

Once there is a lot of data and some stability behind the Bitshares ecosystem, it would be a lot of fun to do a TED talk on Bitassets. The whole idea of creating a cryptodollar is what attracted me to Bitshares in the first place.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
Enjoy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97ufCT6lQcY. Next year, I'll mention Bitshares.
+5%
This is a good presentation.  You have a talent for breaking down complex concepts into plain english.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

charleshoskinson

Once you guys have a 1.0 client and some polish. Getting a bunch of non-crypto people to mass adopt an alpha product is counter-productive IMO. When you're on TED, then you're free to make your own call :)

This aside, there are plenty of good things about bitshares to talk about from market pegged assets to incumbancy value transfers and titan. DPOS will be interesting to discuss in 2015. You guys are under the need more data to market properly category.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 06:24:54 am by charleshoskinson »

zerosum

And by next year you mean in 2030 or after, right?

charleshoskinson