Author Topic: Thunderclap Campaign #2 - Headline Poll  (Read 2660 times)

Offline G1ng3rBr34dM4n

I'll admit I have no idea what a "Thunderclap" is, but I recommend sticking to a narrow target of cryptocurrency enthusiasts.

The way I see it, if you try marketing to the wider public, only two things can happen:
  • The campaign will fail to bring profitable conversion, in which case it was a waste of money and time.
  • The campaign will be profitable, in which case you'll need massive funds to rapidly scale it up
So best to leave it to the guys with hundreds of thousands in marketing budget.
Thunderclap is a service that facilitates a coordinated post to social media from all of the accounts that opt in.

Instead of paying thunderclap why not just have everyone here post on social media? I am not sure whether using a paid service is a good use for our marketing funds.

Valid concerns islandking.

Let me attempt to explain why I believe Thunderclap to be a superior coordinated effort, by automating the process and by allowing us to track what's going on.

For instance, how would we know how many people we were able to reach, how many people clicked, and what the results were?  From our last campaign, we had a social reach of 63,299 people with a total of 262 clicks for a CTR of 0.4%.  That information alone tells us something.  We can explore why people are clicking, who's interested, and how we can improve our message for the next time [this time].

Just the tip of the iceberg, but I hope that makes sense

I'm open to exploring other options that would enable us to record this data, but I'd have to believe it'd cost well more than $100 - $500 in time alone for figuring out how to implement it. 

Offline islandking

• The king of the island
    • View Profile
I'll admit I have no idea what a "Thunderclap" is, but I recommend sticking to a narrow target of cryptocurrency enthusiasts.

The way I see it, if you try marketing to the wider public, only two things can happen:
  • The campaign will fail to bring profitable conversion, in which case it was a waste of money and time.
  • The campaign will be profitable, in which case you'll need massive funds to rapidly scale it up
Thunderclap is a service that facilitates a coordinated post to social media from all of the accounts that opt in.

Instead of paying thunderclap why not just have everyone here post on social media? I am not sure whether using a paid service is a good use for our marketing funds.
I've been working on a new electronic cash system that's fully peer-to-peer, with no trusted third party. - Satoshi

Offline robrigo

Offline triox

• View Profile
  • BitShares: triox

Offline G1ng3rBr34dM4n

I like crowdhiring, because it explains what it is

'The blockchain is hiring' does not work because the majority of our facebook friends are clueless about blockchains

Very true - but let's think about the target market, which (through discussion over at Nullstreet) we believe should be the crypto ecosystem. 
I'm open to listening to additional perspectives on this. 

Is BitShares ready for all our friends on Facebook?  I'm not convinced it is, yet.  But until then, what's the biggest bang for the buck?

Offline sschechter

• View Profile
I like crowdhiring, because it explains what it is

'The blockchain is hiring' does not work because the majority of our facebook friends are clueless about blockchains
BTSX: sschechter
PTS: PvBUyPrDRkJLVXZfvWjdudRtQgv1Fcy5Qe

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
"The blockchain is hiring"
or
"The blockchain is hiring!"

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile
I like "crowdhiring"

how about:

crowdhiring - the future of business
crowdhiring - the future of blockchain
crowdhiring - paid by protocol                <- my favorit!

Great ideas Xeroc! 

Just a general FYI for everyone - The only constraint is the headline is limited to 30 characters. (crowdhiring - paid by protocol is exactly 30 characters)

PBP baby
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 04:46:08 pm by hpenvy »
=============
btsx address: hpenvy
Tips appreciated for good work

Offline G1ng3rBr34dM4n

I like "crowdhiring"

how about:

Great ideas Xeroc! 

Just a general FYI for everyone - The only constraint is the headline is limited to 30 characters. (crowdhiring - paid by protocol is exactly 30 characters)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I like "crowdhiring"

how about:

Offline G1ng3rBr34dM4n

Feel free to post alternative suggestions!

The concept and angle of approach for this social media campaign is to pitch the idea of "getting hired by the blockchain"

This poll will only be live 2 days, so get your vote in!