Author Topic: Aggregate Public Opinion Matters  (Read 8035 times)

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile
All I know is, the Ron Paul, Alex Jones crowd as it seems Bytemaster and FMV are going to pander to will NOT get mass adoption but it will get you a one way ticket to the conspiracy nut job bin the masses will toss you in.  The "9-11 inside job" crowd aka Alex Jones followers, are the worst people you could possibly want to associate with. And the Right Wing quasi Libertarian folk would more likely bend to the idea of a bitUSD campaign.

I think you must be an accountant in real life as you are forensic with the financials which I like.

I disagree with you on most marketing stuff though. Appealing to the Ron Paul or Alex Jones crowd would be fantastic and wouldn't alienate you from other markets, despite Alex Jones being pretty out there. It would just be a platform to advertise BitShares to a big audience who may in turn spread it to others who are looking for the advantages it offers.

However it's actually BitAssets which disposess the banks and are out of the control of over reaching governments that will grab the alternative media's attention as they grow and become more consumer friendly. While VOTE will be a nice additional talking point, ironically it will only actually be by driving mass adoption of BitAssets, that VOTE will gain enough of a user base to attract any interest, warrant media attention or have the opportunity to be taken seriously as a potential, disruptive voting alternative, not the other way around.

No man.  The Alex Jones and Ron Paul crowd believe in hard money and gold, they dont believe in technology or ways to buy gold cheaply.  The spread is not wide enough, they want physical gold.

I was in gold in 2007 and made money, I had physical gold, thats where its at.  I WOULD NEVER buy bitGOLD as I wanted physical and most people do.

Yes there's many 'Go phyzz or go home' guys among them. But you, me and many of the crypto-currency crowd actually come from that kind of background as we're looking for credible alternatives to the flawed and corrupt financial and banking system. (45% of Bitcoin users are 'Libertarian', I.e Ron Paul Crowd - http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/4874727 )

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
All I know is, the Ron Paul, Alex Jones crowd as it seems Bytemaster and FMV are going to pander to will NOT get mass adoption but it will get you a one way ticket to the conspiracy nut job bin the masses will toss you in.  The "9-11 inside job" crowd aka Alex Jones followers, are the worst people you could possibly want to associate with. And the Right Wing quasi Libertarian folk would more likely bend to the idea of a bitUSD campaign.

I think you must be an accountant in real life as you are forensic with the financials which I like.

I disagree with you on most marketing stuff though. Appealing to the Ron Paul or Alex Jones crowd would be fantastic and wouldn't alienate you from other markets, despite Alex Jones being pretty out there. It would just be a platform to advertise BitShares to a big audience who may in turn spread it to others who are looking for the advantages it offers.

However it's actually BitAssets which disposess the banks and are out of the control of over reaching governments that will grab the alternative media's attention as they grow and become more consumer friendly. While VOTE will be a nice additional talking point, ironically it will only actually be by driving mass adoption of BitAssets, that VOTE will gain enough of a user base to attract any interest, warrant media attention or have the opportunity to be taken seriously as a potential, disruptive voting alternative, not the other way around.

No man.  The Alex Jones and Ron Paul crowd believe in hard money and gold, they dont believe in technology or ways to buy gold cheaply.  The spread is not wide enough, they want physical gold.

I was in gold in 2007 and made money, I had physical gold, thats where its at.  I WOULD NEVER buy bitGOLD as I wanted physical and most people do.

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile

« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 12:53:00 am by Empirical1.1 »

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
So long story short. The bridge to mass adoption is through the VOTE features of BitShares as just explained (IMO of course).
Though the Financial aspect of BitShares is nothing to discount either!!

Ding Ding Ding.  Someone gets it :)

I agree with you Bytemaster, but where do we go from here in terms of programming, when will it be released so we can be ready for your hand off.

Posted by: NewMine
« on: Today at 07:59:26 PM » Insert Quote

I also agree with this statement.  We need to fight mainstream, we need the mainstream to see and hear us.  Voting is mainstream it is not an alternative view.

To Bytemaster Dan

We need you to be in nullstreet and repost your thoughts there so we can have a more intimate marketing standpoint conversations of your ideas.  Each single idea you have must be looked in a telescope for marketing.  You are our quarterback and coach.

Offline srcgpsmp

• View Profile
So long story short. The bridge to mass adoption is through the VOTE features of BitShares as just explained (IMO of course).

Here is Max keiser saying exactly that "The bridge to mass adoption is through the VOTE features of block chain technology" in the second half of his show.
(see- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgcuDaPGdQ8)

At what minute does he say this?  I listened to it and all I heard was voting listed along with other benefits of blockchain technology as a disruptive technology.  The conversation was mostly about crowd funding.  I may have missed it though.

Yes you are right he is not saying that directly but it is what he mean aka decentralized distributed protocol that allow equity share ownership in a project with the ability to vote on different meters.

As I see it the main feature of a share is to vote (known as voting share) and to get dividends (known as common share) right now all the Bitshares are voting shares but only on one issue ,transaction verification or security.

Offline GaltReport

Here is Max keiser saying exactly that "The bridge to mass adoption is through the VOTE features of block chain technology" in the second half of his show.

At what minute does he say this?  I listened to it and all I heard was voting listed along with other benefits of blockchain technology as a disruptive technology.  The conversation was mostly about crowd funding.  I may have missed it though.

Offline srcgpsmp

• View Profile

Offline GaltReport

I know a lot about Alex Jones...streamed his show for years.  What I say about Alex is that he may be a nut and a fear monger but he's not necessarily wrong about the issues he discusses.  I stopped streaming his show due to his histrionics but he's on point with many of the issues he discusses.  I just don't agree with this approach.

Offline GaltReport

The bridge to mass adoption is through creating a robust and well marketed BitAsset system.

The snapshot valued VOTE at less than $1 million while PTS valued BTSX at $30 million when it was just an idea by an unproven team.

The Vote subforum is the least popular in BitShares despite us being the target market.

If the ideological tangent is something you're passionate about it's worth pursuing but the real business with an actual significant market value for us or a competitor is and will be BitAssets for the next few years. Whoever gets that and the marketing of it right is rich.

Agree with this.  I think the Vote aspect is in fact possibly the least useful way to go and am surprised to hear that some believe this is something worth focusing so much attention on.

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile
The bridge to mass adoption is through creating a robust and well marketed BitAsset system.

The snapshot valued VOTE at less than $1 million while PTS valued BTSX at $30 million when it was just an idea by an unproven team.

The Vote subforum is the least popular in BitShares despite us being the target market.

If the ideological tangent is something you're passionate about it's worth pursuing but the real business with an actual significant market value for us or a competitor is and will be BitAssets for the next few years. Whoever gets that and the marketing of it right is rich.

Offline matt608

• View Profile
Take the talk to reddit reddit.com/r/Libertarian/comments/2pa89g/manipulation_of_polls_results_in_rigged_elections/

Offline onceuponatime

Interesting choice of word. Why would you say "pander to" rather than "market to"? Perhaps you need to examine yourself with the same critical eye you cast on others?

Offline fuzzy

I actually kind of agree with you on this.  Of course, I think multiple chains will exist to target multiple target demographics.  So you might have Alex Jones Shares or something to that effect for his news network. 

We won't talk about 9-11 though.  This would be a pretty divisive topic for another forum and there are thousands of architects and engineers who disagree with the commonly accepted assessment.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 08:36:31 pm by fuzzy »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline jamesc

It's good to get these features in before we go on a hard fork freeze.   Some patients now will give us more competitive edge.   I'm looking forward to adding VOTE to bitshares-js.

Offline NewMine

• View Profile