Author Topic: POLL: How many paid delegates before you stop voting for paid delegates?  (Read 4317 times)

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile
I dont think there is a specific number to target.  Instead, vote for paid delegates that you believe will produce more value than they cost.

As the market cap increases, this bar becomes higher, and thus you would be looking for more value per delegate (a team of people rather than 1, for example), or you would be looking to vote for them at levels below 100% pay.

Well said. If they are good people who have proven that they'll add value, then I'll vote for all of them. And right now, I'd vote for a dozen more marketing delegates like Methodx and Matt608.

This.
=============
btsx address: hpenvy
Tips appreciated for good work

Offline GaltReport

Excuse my stupid question but can someone explain where the funds come from for the following terms used for spending funds:

Paid Delegates
"Burned" Funds
Dillution

I am honestly confused by the terms and want to make informed delcomments/choices.

not a stupid question, so you're not excused :P

Paid Delegates: Most delegates are getting paid some percentages of the transaction fees for every block they sign. For most delegates 3% is an accepted number to make up for the effort and costs of running a delegate at the moment.

However, if you're a marketing badass, a code genius, or have some other brilliant way to contribute, you can campaign to have people vote for your 100% delegate, which if elected, would pay you enough to actually friggin live off. Our blockchain can provide jobs.

When a delegate is not keeping 100%, whatever fees are left over get burned, reducing the supply and therefore distributing value back to the rest of BTS holders.

Originally, BTS was planned to be a deflationary currency, with a hard cap on supply which would get reduced over time as delegates burned fees (thus paying interest to shareholders).

These days we are less about deflation, but the ability for delegates to burn fees is still in there. So I'm asking how many 100% paid delegates people are cool with before they'd like to see some profit given back to shareholders.

It would be helpful if the system could produce rudimentary financial statements (balance sheet, income statement etc...) so we could review them and make more informed decisions.

merockstar

Try running this poll in Chinese, though. 60% in English is quite impressive, but we have to scratch and pull to get anyone elected without Chinese support.

good idea.

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=12350.0
不懂你在说什么

please help
請幫助

using google translate
使用谷歌翻譯

Offline wuyanren

• View Profile
Try running this poll in Chinese, though. 60% in English is quite impressive, but we have to scratch and pull to get anyone elected without Chinese support.

good idea.

不懂你在说什么

merockstar

good idea.

merockstar

Excuse my stupid question but can someone explain where the funds come from for the following terms used for spending funds:

Paid Delegates
"Burned" Funds
Dillution

I am honestly confused by the terms and want to make informed delcomments/choices.

not a stupid question, so you're not excused :P

Paid Delegates: Most delegates are getting paid some percentages of the transaction fees for every block they sign. For most delegates 3% is an accepted number to make up for the effort and costs of running a delegate at the moment.

However, if you're a marketing badass, a code genius, or have some other brilliant way to contribute, you can campaign to have people vote for your 100% delegate, which if elected, would pay you enough to actually friggin live off. Our blockchain can provide jobs.

When a delegate is not keeping 100%, whatever fees are left over get burned, reducing the supply and therefore distributing value back to the rest of BTS holders.

Originally, BTS was planned to be a deflationary currency, with a hard cap on supply which would get reduced over time as delegates burned fees (thus paying interest to shareholders).

These days we are less about deflation, but the ability for delegates to burn fees is still in there. So I'm asking how many 100% paid delegates people are cool with before they'd like to see some profit given back to shareholders.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
maybe we should consider to create a english --> chinese transfer board...

all post putted in there are important to get transleted into chinese .. just thinking loud... would this make sense!?
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

+5%
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline GaltReport

Paid Delegates
"Burned" Funds
Dillution

I am honestly confused by the terms and want to make informed comments/choices.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1
101 100% pay rate delegate is not too enough, if everyone  is worth for it ,
github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091

Offline onceuponatime

I dont think there is a specific number to target.  Instead, vote for paid delegates that you believe will produce more value than they cost.

As the market cap increases, this bar becomes higher, and thus you would be looking for more value per delegate (a team of people rather than 1, for example), or you would be looking to vote for them at levels below 100% pay.

Well said. If they are good people who have proven that they'll add value, then I'll vote for all of them. And right now, I'd vote for a dozen more marketing delegates like Methodx and Matt608.

This ^^

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
As long as a 100% pay delegate gives roughly below 5k$/month I am ok with plenty of them ... even without good "initial" reputation ..
</opinion>