Author Topic: Delegate slate publishing for non-delegates  (Read 3604 times)

Offline wackou

I was talking with Fuzz recently and he mentioned his desire to publish a slate of delegates, however he doesn't have a delegate himself to do that and asked me whether I could help him figure it out. Preferably, this should be possible to integrate into the mumble chatroom so people could just click on a link there. After giving it a little bit of thought, I came up with those potential solutions:

• the dev team enhances the current bts:// url scheme to allow multiple delegates at once

At the moment, one can create a link bts://<delegate-name>/approve, which will open the GUI wallet and approve the delegate whose name is in the link. That only works for one delegate at a time, though, but probably it would be very easy to extend this to something like bts://approve-slate/delegate1&delegate2&delegate3&delegate4

PROS:
     - easy, barely no setup required
     - no delegate required either

CONS:
     - approves all the delegate at the time of clicking, but doesn't change approval if Fuzz updates his slate later

• Fuzz gets a delegate, only to publish a slate (ie: doesn't try to get elected)

This would be the more "standard" way of doing it

PROS:
     - uses standard delegate slate publishing methods
     - he can update his slate, and people that have him approved will vote for the updated slate

CONS:
     - people need to use "vote as recommended" (not the default option)
     - people need to have him approved in their wallets, which means there's a risk that he ends up becoming an active delegate

• This message from Toast:

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=12020.msg158784#msg158784

But I'm not sure I really understand what this entails (this probably sounds like the best solution in the long-term, though)

Any other ideas/thoughts about what would be the best way to do this?

I believe that this would go a long way towards solving voter apathy, and surely there are some low-hanging fruits that can be picked to ensure that it is as easy as possible for people wanting to publish a slate to do so, and for shareholders that trust a community figure to just "follow" their votes.
Please vote for witness wackou! More info at http://digitalgaia.io