Author Topic: Thanks for the news letter Stan - but help im lost!  (Read 7412 times)

Offline stuartcharles

• View Profile
And is the first new DAC bitUSD or something entirely different please can you explain, simply :)

BitUSD is one of many assets trading on the BitShares DAC.

Many thanks, to you too lighthouse. I think I'm starting to get my head round this :-)

Offline bytemaster

And is the first new DAC bitUSD or something entirely different please can you explain, simply :)

BitUSD is one of many assets trading on the BitShares DAC.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Lighthouse

• Making a Market in PTS since 11/06/2013
    • View Profile
    • Lighthouse Bulk Orders and Trusted Escrow (Closed)
  • What percent of the total money supply goes to ProtoShareholders?   Invictus maps 1:1, 2M PTS to 10% of supply.

Stan, can you clarify this please:
Is it 2M PTS that are mapped to 10% of the max supply of the new DAC?
I thought it would be whatever amount of PTS existed at the time of spin off. So if it was today, it would only be roughly 1.05M PTS mapped to 10% of supply.

Correct... it would be 1.05M today.  2M if it takes us a year from now to deliver.

My understanding is the situation is still fluid, there are several dacs under development or design by different teams.  Bitshares is sorta an opus.  Gotta get it right.  I hope Invictus launches a few experimental DACs honoring protoshares to make sure their theories are correct before launching such an important chain.  Protoshares was successful despite a lot of problems, I think those bugs should be worked out before Bitshares releases.
Before you say the price of PTS is too high, take a look at theThe Reason.  Protoshares are an entirely new type of Cryptocurrency, one that pays to hold.

Offline stuartcharles

• View Profile

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline praxeologist

• View Profile
This PDF never loads, someone mirror it?

Offline stuartcharles

• View Profile
  • What percent of the total money supply goes to ProtoShareholders?   Invictus maps 1:1, 2M PTS to 10% of supply.

I thought it would be whatever amount of PTS existed at the time of spin off. So if it was today, it would only be roughly 1.05M PTS mapped to 10% of supply.

Correct... it would be 1.05M today.  2M if it takes us a year from now to deliver.

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Markus

• View Profile

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline kLee

• View Profile
Where can I find this newsletter? Also, is there any twitter account I can follow?

Offline gnarl

• View Profile
Thanks for your replies HackFisher and wngdng77. My real point is this is hard to keep up with for those that are not able to spend an hour or moor a day dedicated to this forum and that a thread with bullet points of where we are now would keep investors with little time both happy and keen to invest moor not sell.

Do you agree with me on that?

I agree. That is exactly what I want to see and would expect as a new investor.

Offline stuartcharles

• View Profile
Thanks for your replies HackFisher and wngdng77. My real point is this is hard to keep up with for those that are not able to spend an hour or moor a day dedicated to this forum and that a thread with bullet points of where we are now would keep investors with little time both happy and keen to invest moor not sell.

We are working with Brian and Super3 to boil our message down to something simple...  as you can tell we have a very open development model and share our ideas as fast as we can.  Clarity takes time.   A normal company would spend months planning a simple message and then releasing it in a controlled way.  We have basically given out the rough draft.

Personally, I'm a big fan of this openness. I'd rather have a rough idea of what's going to happen, then keep up with the updates on the project than have to wait for the final press release to have a clue about what's going on

Thanks again too all who responded, I am also a massive fan of openness. I love the way you and the community are going about this. I am not asking for anything less, just that a condensed version of the evolving developments are somewhere clear on the forum and regularly updated.

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex

I definitely agree with that.
We appreciate the community's efforts to organize our content for easier consumption.
We are relying heavily on the community for that function while we concentrate on progress at the bleeding edge.   :)
The new web site should help a lot.