Author Topic: [MetaExchange] dev-metaexchange.monsterer development diary  (Read 84686 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Nice work you've done here. I was curious how difficult it would be to make an asset<->asset gateway.  The reason is this would let lesser DPOS chains do price discovery and use the BTS DEX as a market without having to try to find a reasonable crypto-exchange.

This would be better served using the atomic cross-chain transactions functionality which the blockchain provides.
you can find more information about how that works here: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=10132.0;all

but keep in mind that currently xchain trading is disabled in BTS .. not tested enough yet

Offline monsterer

Nice work you've done here. I was curious how difficult it would be to make an asset<->asset gateway.  The reason is this would let lesser DPOS chains do price discovery and use the BTS DEX as a market without having to try to find a reasonable crypto-exchange.

This would be better served using the atomic cross-chain transactions functionality which the blockchain provides.
My opinions do not represent those of metaexchange unless explicitly stated.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline ronpaulmoneyman

• View Profile
    • RonPaulMoney Site

So all your use-cases understandably have BTC on one side of the equation.  I would basically like to remove that and put an asset on both sides. Do you forsee difficulty in doing this?  Is there any documentation on getting your work fired up and running so I could modify a working version of it? I plan on setting up some tests with devshares <-> BTS. I'd rather just get this working before I release my chain so it can be liquid and tradeable instantly.  Whether we go with version .6 or .5 or later..

Offline monsterer

Ok, weekly update time again!

Last week was mostly vetting the live test of the gateway, which seemed to go well, although we didn't really have enough users to fully test correctly. I'm hoping that once the website goes live we will get a lot more because it'll be so, so much easier to use.

With that in mind, I've started to bring the old metaexchange prototype website framework into this project with some retargeting to serve as the website for our gateway. This has been bought into github as well. I'm hoping to have something live to test with soon!
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

iHashFury

(BTC to BitBTC did not show in my Recent Transactions in the Bitshares wallet)
known issue in the transaction history of the client .. though the founds should appear in the balance .. devs are working on a rewrite of the history

The funds did return - thanks

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
known issue in the transaction history of the client .. though the founds should appear in the balance .. devs are working on a rewrite of the history

iHashFury

Awesome  +5%  8)

Sent 0.01 BitBTC to BTC and returned 0.006 BTC to BitBTC

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Sweet ..

In case of error, you can import the other version of the private key into your bitcoin wallet to get the funds, but this requires a rescan, which takes a while.
You can restrict the block that you want to rescan with

Code: [Select]
rescan [first_block_number] [num_blocks] [fast_scan]

Offline cgafeng

BTC:1EYwcZ9cYVj6C9LMLafdcjK9wicVMDV376

Offline monsterer

Ok, the metaexchange BTC->bitBTC gateway is live!

Here is how to use this

* Import your bitcoin private keys into the bitshares wallet account that you want to use. The private keys must be compressed* (i.e. not starting with a 5, they look like this L4rK1yDtCWekvXuE6oXD9jCYfFNV2cWRpVuPLBcCU2z8TrisoyY1).

* use wallet_account_update_active_key to set one of your imported keys as the active key

* send bitcoins to our gateway address: 1KduukGNb5SH8L6oDwQf8sDrKk68fjvnvF

* send bitBTC to our gateway account: metaexchangebtc

Any bitcoins you send will be turned into bitBTC by the gateway (after 1 confirmation) and sent to your bitshares account. Any bitBTC that you send to the gateway will be turned into bitcoins and sent to your bitcoin wallet.

We have funded the gateway with 0.5 BTC/0.5 bitBTC for testing purposes, there is a 0.01 BTC transaction size limit at the moment. Please use small amounts to test this with - this is beta software and may contain bugs, you could lose funds.

For this test there are no transaction fees.

We are well aware that this private key importing process isn't usable for the non-techy, so the next step is to create a simple website to make this procress 100% frictionless, which is what I'll be working on next.

Cheers, Paul.

*) The reason private keys must be compressed is that the bitshares client always converts any private key (compressed or uncompressed) into a compressed public key and since there are two different bitcoin addresses associated with each private key (one from the compressed key, one from the uncompressed version) funds may not arrive in your bitcoin wallet if you import the incorrect type, since the bitshares account public key is turned into a bitcoin address by the daemon.

In case of error, you can import the other version of the private key into your bitcoin wallet to get the funds, but this requires a rescan, which takes a while.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 08:40:30 am by monsterer »

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline abelljefrry

Need a designer for your project? Hire me! I accept BTS as payment :)

View my BitShares design portfolio here : bit.ly/BitSharesPortfolio

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
 +5% It's time to buy some BTC for testing :D
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Offline Rune

• View Profile
Hi guys,

v1 is ready to go - I just finished writing the instructions for how to use the metaexchange BTC/bitBTC gateway but I've realised that since its GMT 22:18 and I'm about to go to bed, now is not the ideal time to launch this for testing as I wont be able to field inevitable support requests!

So, if you can wait until tomorrow morning, I will set the gateway up for business first thing so that I can be on hand to solve problems.

The code is fully checked in to github if you want to take a look.

Thanks for your patience!

Cheers, Paul.

Awesome!!