Author Topic: BitShares the Book and internet Show to launch this week  (Read 6598 times)

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
I doubt we will see many more people get voted in as 100% delegates... we have voted in several already and have seen no improvement to the market cap.

Spending money on marketing delegates may seem like a good idea, but these are a bunch of people without a leader to make tough decisions and direct people towards a specific goal.

I would have a problem if all these proposed 100% delegates got elected, but clearly the heavier bts holders know that several separate "marketing" delegates will not work.

You don't seem to have any perspective on what has been going on at Nullstreet. Do you?

An enormous amount of organizing has been going on, and the results of this phenomenal amount of voluntary labor by MethodX and HPEnvy and others are about to hit the airwaves. Bitmarket's book is about to be released, as are his bitshares.tv interviews with Dan. Murderistic's contacts are bearing fruit.

These movers and shakers shouild be paid for their time and effort. Or should we just all just sit back and be naysayer's? And watch our investments peter away? What are you doing that you would like to get paid for?

Are you ready for what is about to unfold? How about you help to fund registration and advise some of the newbies about to begin pouring into our paradigm? Or how about you start marketing to Argentina or Korea (or vote in those ready and willing to do so)?

I like your fire Onceuponatime

Offline onceuponatime

I doubt we will see many more people get voted in as 100% delegates... we have voted in several already and have seen no improvement to the market cap.

Spending money on marketing delegates may seem like a good idea, but these are a bunch of people without a leader to make tough decisions and direct people towards a specific goal.

I would have a problem if all these proposed 100% delegates got elected, but clearly the heavier bts holders know that several separate "marketing" delegates will not work.

You don't seem to have any perspective on what has been going on at Nullstreet. Do you?

An enormous amount of organizing has been going on, and the results of this phenomenal amount of voluntary labor by MethodX and HPEnvy and others are about to hit the airwaves. Bitmarket's book is about to be released, as are his bitshares.tv interviews with Dan. Murderistic's contacts are bearing fruit.

These movers and shakers shouild be paid for their time and effort. Or should we just all just sit back and be naysayer's? And watch our investments peter away? What are you doing that you would like to get paid for?

Are you ready for what is about to unfold? How about you help to fund registration and advise some of the newbies about to begin pouring into our paradigm? Or how about you start marketing to Argentina or Korea (or vote in those ready and willing to do so)?

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
Charles have you ever thought of running to be a 100% delegate?

Given how high profile you are in the crypto community, I would vote for you.

/Sorry for hijacking thread this idea just occured to me.

I have chatted to BM about this.  I am not sure if it is kosher.  Just so everyone knows I am/was one of Brian Pages underlings.  I already receive performance based remuneration.  My original thought was that a delegate role was double dipping.   BM suggested that a delegate role would be supplemental and perfectly valid.  He brought me around on the topic somewhat.

I will just focus on delivering massive value to the community for the rest of this year and perhaps in January I will send out a pulse to see if it is something the community would like me to pursue.
I will say this wherever it applies: "Double dipping" by a paid delegate would be only acceptable for me if I know what the pay through AGS funds is. This is how I vote (made an exception with toast but still waiting on clarification there as well). I have not yet heard any good contra argument here. 

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander

Its been like two weeks.  The things they have been working on have barely even been released yet.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile

Offline onceuponatime

I have chatted to BM about this.  I am not sure if it is kosher.  Just so everyone knows I am/was one of Brian Pages underlings.  I already receive performance based remuneration.  My original thought was that a delegate role was double dipping.   BM suggested that a delegate role would be supplemental and perfectly valid.  He brought me around on the topic somewhat.

+5%

That was why I posted my delegate proposal for the media portion - for supplemental funds to assist in the buildout of the unfortunate part of marketing that isn't fun - paying for exposure.

Either way, keep rocking what you are doing.

With us getting closer to the 1.0 launch, this is absolutely the wrong time to nickle and dime.  I support a delegate for you and Bitmarket. We can evaluate the results and modify voting the following month or two. Now is the time to go balls to the wall.

I support, and will vote for, paid delegates for murderistic and bitmarket.

I will periodically reassess my voting and lack of transparency will garner a rescinding of my vote.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 02:00:21 am by onceuponatime »

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile

+5%

That was why I posted my delegate proposal for the media portion - for supplemental funds to assist in the buildout of the unfortunate part of marketing that isn't fun - paying for exposure.

[/quote]

With us getting closer to the 1.0 launch, this is absolutely the wrong time to nickle and dime.  I support a delegate for you and Bitmarket. We can evaluate the results and modify voting the following month or two. Now is the time to go balls to the wall.
=============
btsx address: hpenvy
Tips appreciated for good work

Offline matador123

• View Profile
This book rocks, guys. Can't wait to see Bitshares.tv. Great job Max!

Offline Murderistic

• View Profile

[/quote]

+5%

Offline bitmarket

• View Profile
    • BitShares TV
Max I would like to buy a hard-copy if possible.
There will be a hardcopy soon, but not this year.

Once the plug-ins are available, do you plan on selling for bitUSD?

Of course.
Host of BitShares.TV and Author of BitShares 101

Offline bitmarket

• View Profile
    • BitShares TV

I will just focus on delivering massive value to the community for the rest of this year and perhaps in January I will send out a pulse to see if it is something the community would like me to pursue.
Host of BitShares.TV and Author of BitShares 101

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Awesome! Can't wait to check it out and write a review +5%

BitShares book for bitUSD is a great idea as well. And Chinese translation :D

Offline James212

• View Profile

+5%
BTS: theangelwaveproject

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile
Max I would like to buy a hard-copy if possible.
There will be a hardcopy soon, but not this year.

Once the plug-ins are available, do you plan on selling for bitUSD?
=============
btsx address: hpenvy
Tips appreciated for good work