Author Topic: One of these coins is not like the others  (Read 3659 times)

Offline TimOsman

• View Profile
The fact that PTS doesn't look like it's tied at all to the price of BTC is exactly what drew me to the concept.

Offline Evan

• View Profile
  • BitShares: evan
Evan makes a good point, "there is a difference". Your original post is from Dec 5, today I can't even find a quote for Protoshares. The point is there are many ppl that want to be part of  this idea but don't have coding abilities. I am new here and trying to add value to an idea that I believe in.
Hayek argued that the goal of Laissez-faire markets is the preservation of the unique information contained in the price itself. Laissez-faire principle expresses a preference for an absence of non-market pressures on prices and wages, such as those from government taxes, subsidies, tariffs, regulation , or government-granted or coercive monopolies.(today) Price and value is determined by the continuous decisions of many people as to what that value is at any given moment.
 Where is the market? I want to buy Protoshares and support DAC.
etalon-or
"When you live outside the law, you must be honest."Bob Dylan

The ProtoShares price is not shown on coinmarketcap.com when the BTSBlock.com ProtoShares block explorer is down.  I personally have bought PTS on CryptsyBTer has another PTS/BTC exchange.

Kudos on recognizing the value of PTS early.

Offline etalon-or

• View Profile
Evan makes a good point, "there is a difference". Your original post is from Dec 5, today I can't even find a quote for Protoshares. The point is there are many ppl that want to be part of  this idea but don't have coding abilities. I am new here and trying to add value to an idea that I believe in.
Hayek argued that the goal of Laissez-faire markets is the preservation of the unique information contained in the price itself. Laissez-faire principle expresses a preference for an absence of non-market pressures on prices and wages, such as those from government taxes, subsidies, tariffs, regulation , or government-granted or coercive monopolies.(today) Price and value is determined by the continuous decisions of many people as to what that value is at any given moment.
 Where is the market? I want to buy Protoshares and support DAC.
etalon-or
"When you live outside the law, you must be honest."Bob Dylan
"When you live outside the law you must be honest." Bob Dylan

Offline Evan

• View Profile
I was browsing CoinMarketCap.com just now and noticed something peculiar.  Out of the top ten crypto-currencies, only one has gone up in value over the past 24 hours.
It's nice to be invested in a coin with a price somewhat independent of the price of Bitcoin, but I obviously don't consider ProtoShares just another alt-coin.

You aren't invested in a 'coin'... you are invested in a 'share'.... the other thing that is unique on the list :)

I stand corrected.  Normally I am quite pedantic on terms, but my enthusiasm for ProtoShares may be overshadowing that.  At least I'm not wearing a t-shirt with the ProtoShares symbol and the phrase "to the moon" on it....yet.

It's not a coin; it's a share.  It's not a coin; it's a share.  It's not a coin...

Offline bytemaster

I was browsing CoinMarketCap.com just now and noticed something peculiar.  Out of the top ten crypto-currencies, only one has gone up in value over the past 24 hours.
It's nice to be invested in a coin with a price somewhat independent of the price of Bitcoin, but I obviously don't consider ProtoShares just another alt-coin.

You aren't invested in a 'coin'... you are invested in a 'share'.... the other thing that is unique on the list :)
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Evan

• View Profile