Author Topic: Starting BitShares for Linux 32-bit/64-bit  (Read 4156 times)

38PTSWarrior

I don*t know why markt.

I have a problem with building. I tried the ppa but the blocks will start from zero after the program crashes while downloading blocks.

Now I built it but get this error:

[ 96%] Generating zh_CN.qm
/bin/sh: 1: /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/qt5/bin/lrelease: not found
programs/qt_wallet/CMakeFiles/BitShares.dir/build.make:132: recipe for target 'programs/qt_wallet/zh_CN.qm' failed
make[3]: *** [programs/qt_wallet/zh_CN.qm] Error 127
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:2120: recipe for target 'programs/qt_wallet/CMakeFiles/BitShares.dir/all' failed
make[2]: *** [programs/qt_wallet/CMakeFiles/BitShares.dir/all] Error 2
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:2132: recipe for target 'programs/qt_wallet/CMakeFiles/BitShares.dir/rule' failed
make[1]: *** [programs/qt_wallet/CMakeFiles/BitShares.dir/rule] Error 2
Makefile:680: recipe for target 'BitShares' failed
make: *** [BitShares] Error 2
xx:~/bitshares$ ^C
xx:~/bitshares$

Edit: Has something to do with qt5.. Will try to install it or something. Please try to help anyway, thank you
Edit2: Maybe has something to do with gcc, have version 4.9. Will try to downgrade to 4.8. How?
Edit3: Ok, I think something is missing in the http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/Developer/Build, am trying with the BUILD_UBUNTU method

Big success! Works now! megahappy
« Last Edit: January 09, 2015, 02:12:26 pm by 38PTSWarrior »

Offline markt

• Have you passed through this night?
    • View Profile
Is there a reason there isn't a linux package available for download on the main page?

38PTSWarrior

Deleting the config.json works but it is stuck at the block where it was when I stoped the program. Deleting the chain folder results in that the cli doesn*t start anymore and BitShares doesn*t allow connecting. I have no idea how I can get synced. I have to go to a cafe for wifi. I was at block 400000 and tomorrow I will try again. That there is no other way then deleting the chain folder in order to start downloading blocks again is a nioghtmare. I know there is a lot of work in making such a program but spending several hours in the cafe and then have to do it again .. depressing

38PTSWarrior

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
I have seen an error message regarding a broken config.json after shutting down the GUI and trying to start it again. Never happened with the CLI wallet.

Try deleting config.json if the client doesn't start.

@infovortice: precompiled BitShares packages for openSUSE, Fedora + CentOS available here: http://software.opensuse.org/download.html?project=home%3Ap_conrad%3Abts&package=BitShares
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

38PTSWarrior

The problem is that when I quit BitShares GUI it will not quit and I have to restart or kill it. Afterwards it won*t start again (critical error). Same with bitshares_client.
To delete the blockchain folder alone does not fix the problem, so I have to delete everything but the wallet folder to make it work again. Running the client and exitiing and then start the GUI does not work because the GUI will be stuck at the last synced block.

Offline infovortice2013

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • BitShares en español
  • BitShares: traderx
version i have instaled is open suse, i click on bitshares package but nothing happen, later goto console and try the lines up in post but same not run XD

is not an ejecutable version of BTS for linux ? like windows install.
New Keyoteeid: 5rUhuLCDWUA2FStkKVRTWYEqY1mZhwpfVdRmYEvMRFRD1bqYAL
new08/21 id 5Sjf3LMuYPSeNnjLYXmAoHj5Z6TPCmwmfXD6XwDmg27dwfQ

Offline maqifrnswa

• View Profile
It*s working. Had something to do with ram and power. But I only get 60 blocks per second. Maybe because the home folder is encrypted. Do you have any tips to make it faster? Thx

Yes, it's a little memory and CPU intensive.

once the devs fix some of the recent bugs, there is a new config option in ~/.BitShares/config.json
"track_statistics": true

change it to
"track_statistics": false

and it should be faster. Again, that particular feature is temporarily broken. Don't know when it will be back.
maintains an Ubuntu PPA: https://launchpad.net/~showard314/+archive/ubuntu/bitshares [15% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval maqifrnswa true [50% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval delegate1.maqifrnswa true

38PTSWarrior

It*s working. Had something to do with ram and power. But I only get 60 blocks per second. Maybe because the home folder is encrypted. Do you have any tips to make it faster? Thx

Offline maqifrnswa

• View Profile
sudo apt-get remove BitShares and then re-instaling doesn*t help. It still says Critical Error, I think I have to delete more.

it you have low ram and atom, try using the cli first (not the GUI) - at least until blocks sync.

1st, delete ~/.BitShares/chain

then:
$ bitshares_client

and watch/let it sync

once it's ready, (will say "in sync with network" or something like that), you can close it (tpying "exit") then try opening the GUI
maintains an Ubuntu PPA: https://launchpad.net/~showard314/+archive/ubuntu/bitshares [15% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval maqifrnswa true [50% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval delegate1.maqifrnswa true

38PTSWarrior

sudo apt-get remove BitShares and then re-instaling doesn*t help. It still says Critical Error, I think I have to delete more.

38PTSWarrior

It say*s "critical error" now. I think because I didn*t shut it down properly.

38PTSWarrior

maqifrnswa, how long will it say "Starting" approx.? I have lowest atom and ram :)

38PTSWarrior

Works, tears of happiness and relieve. 

38PTSWarrior

I now decided to use your ppa maqifrnswa, because I wat to avoid a headache :D
Good luck infovortice2013!