Author Topic: Wow, is Devshares ready?  (Read 10229 times)

Offline davidpbrown

I recomend moving all funds after import to a new wallet.

!?.. could a BTS wallet not just accept the DevShares as a new asset and then the users transfer those devshares to an unstable new devshares wallet instead?
฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
Waiting for windows/Mac client  :) :-\
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline Harvey

• View Profile
I noticed that it is quite expensive to register a 100% delegates in the Dev.
The registration fee is around 5 Million Dev. I only managed to register a 2% delegates.
         harvey.lion

haha~   :)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 04:55:23 am by Harvey »
BTS       Witness:harvey-xts Seed:128.199.143.47:2015 API:wss://128.199.143.47:2016 
MUSE   Witness:harvey-xts Seed:128.199.143.47:2017 API:ws://128.199.143.47:2018

Offline fluxer555

• View Profile
Can we please use the system that the new PTS uses, which does not actually import private keys?

Offline jshow5555

• View Profile

I love it: "theft is legitimate" given our goal is to produce trust less systems.  This is the way to go.

Since we claim the shares with real private keys, we should mention that theft of any private key is not allowed.

Or a design so we don't use a real private key....

Will the vesting balances be movable? If not, how is this suggestion working for them?

Offline CryptoPrometheus

• View Profile

I love it: "theft is legitimate" given our goal is to produce trust less systems.  This is the way to go.

Since we claim the shares with real private keys, we should mention that theft of any private key is not allowed.

How do I do this with AGS?
"Power and law are not synonymous. In fact, they are often in opposition and irreconcilable."
- Cicero

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline jamesc

« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 12:15:50 am by jcalfee1 »

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Given that it will be much, much easier to manipulate the price of DevShares than BTS, we might be able to test the effects of black swan events on bitAssets.  For example, dump a ton of devshares and crash the price by 90% in a minute.  See what happens to the asset markets in devshares!

This would be useful for helping to come up with defenses against BTS suffering these same attacks and manipulations.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline arhag

• View Profile
    • My posts on Steem
  • BitShares: arhag
  • GitHub: arhag
Does this mean, we have to wait for an exchange to enlist DevShares before markets can be openend? I guess DevShares will be dependent on price feeds to.

Or will delegates have the oppurtunity to come up with their own prices until then?
This would make DevShares an interesting trading experience

I think that would be really fun actually. If delegates have been elected and are ready to publish price feeds but the exchanges haven't added DVS yet, why not just have all the delegates agree to publish some arbitrary price feed (say 300 DVS/USD which would correspond to a $10,000,000 market cap). Then we could allow short sellers choose any price greater than that (in DVS/USD) to short sell DevUSD. If some people pick a price of DVS (in USD) that is too high (or low in DVS/USD price), then when the true price feeds come in they would end up being margin called and also may not have enough collateral to back the DevUSD debt. This would be a great test of what happens during a black swan event and how the network can recover from it over time :). Also, we would see how good the internal DevShares exchange is at price discovery. If things work out well, the starting price on exchanges like BTER and BTC38 should be very close to the price on the DevShares DevUSD/DVS exchange.

By the way, no one has bothered registering any accounts on the blockchain yet? Is the v0.4.28-dev1 release for DevShares ready to be used?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 11:57:03 pm by arhag »

Offline graffenwalder

Does this mean, we have to wait for an exchange to enlist DevShares before markets can be openend? I guess DevShares will be dependent on price feeds to.

Or will delegates have the oppurtunity to come up with their own prices until then?
This would make DevShares an interesting trading experience

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
The blog answered my questions too.  Equal split BTS, PTS, and AGS.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline graffenwalder

http://bytemaster.github.io/update/2014/12/19/The-Value-of-DevShares.html

I feel this kind of disclaimer is necessary to encourage exchanges to participate in our development network without fear of any liability. Some people will have a hard time managing their expectations, but it will be up to the community to remind them of the social consensus on the DevShares chain that there are no scams, “theft” is legitimate, and trust is a gamble.

loving this bit

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
Never mind...I just read BM's blog explaining devs shares and answered all my questions  :)

http://bytemaster.github.io/update/2014/12/19/The-Value-of-DevShares.html

Only thing is how to claim them, what wallet we download and when we can start trading them but I guess the relevant info will follow whenever things are ready...