Author Topic: BitUSD onramp  (Read 4867 times)

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
Might want to test this one a bit before we start sending people here.

+5% Also, if it was legit the admin should be a known member of this community.

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
Already in progress.

Gateway Discussion
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=12050.0

CCEDK Onramp
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=12677.0

Progress indeed! Exchanges digesting "the benefits of becoming a gateway" could usher in an era of bitUSD instead of goxUSD.

For now we already have (bitCNY)

Chinese off ramp: www.tradebts.com
Chinese on ramp: www.btc38.com

And now also (bitUSD)

On Ramp: https://www.ccedk.com/
Off Ramp: http://fastbts.com/

I am not sure about this fastbts site. I have checked on it the last few days and if you click on sell bts it just says temporarily unavailable.

Might want to test this one a bit before we start sending people here.

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Already in progress.

Gateway Discussion
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=12050.0

CCEDK Onramp
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=12677.0

Progress indeed! Exchanges digesting "the benefits of becoming a gateway" could usher in an era of bitUSD instead of goxUSD.

For now we already have (bitCNY)

Chinese off ramp: www.tradebts.com
Chinese on ramp: www.btc38.com

And now also (bitUSD)

On Ramp: https://www.ccedk.com/
Off Ramp: http://fastbts.com/
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 12:43:01 am by CLains »

Offline hpenvy2

• View Profile

Offline merlin0113

• View Profile

A lot of these features and services will come to fruition around the end of 2016 I would think.

That would be way too late, I think. Getting a good set of on- and off-ramps for BitUSD soon should be THE top priority for BitShares (once a stable, user-friendly client is ready). Working towards that goal in a leisurely fashion would be a huge mistake, IMO. BitShares really could use a group of people working on gateways and on- and off-ramps 'round the clock, much like what we thought Bp was or should have been doing.

Make no mistake, the market-pegged BitUSD is BitShares' most important vehicle for achieving rapid worldwide adoption and network effect. In this respect, BitUSD constitutes a key strategic advantage that no competitor currently has. I'd even argue that BitGold, for example, isn't as important to BitShares right now as BitUSD is. Many other cryptocurrencies and protocols could come up with a legitimate competitor to gold and BitGold. All that is required is a relatively fixed supply of coins or shares. In some future economic environment, a solid non-inflationary currency could be almost on par with gold in terms of protecting against the value loss from holding fiat currencies.

For the time being, the USD is relatively strong and stable, so that gives BitShares an unique advantage over other cryptos and a tremendous opportunity to quickly grow its user base. But that advantage won't last forever. BitUSD can be copied by others, and its appeal to the masses is predicated on the perception that USD is a stable, safe store of value.

We must strike while the iron is hot. That means getting BitUSD gateways/ramps ASAP.

Agreed. Move forward, or you will fall behind.

Offline pendragon3

A lot of these features and services will come to fruition around the end of 2016 I would think.

That would be way too late, I think. Getting a good set of on- and off-ramps for BitUSD soon should be THE top priority for BitShares (once a stable, user-friendly client is ready). Working towards that goal in a leisurely fashion would be a huge mistake, IMO. BitShares really could use a group of people working on gateways and on- and off-ramps 'round the clock, much like what we thought Bp was or should have been doing.

Make no mistake, the market-pegged BitUSD is BitShares' most important vehicle for achieving rapid worldwide adoption and network effect. In this respect, BitUSD constitutes a key strategic advantage that no competitor currently has. I'd even argue that BitGold, for example, isn't as important to BitShares right now as BitUSD is. Many other cryptocurrencies and protocols could come up with a legitimate competitor to gold and BitGold. All that is required is a relatively fixed supply of coins or shares. In some future economic environment, a solid non-inflationary currency could be almost on par with gold in terms of protecting against the value loss from holding fiat currencies.

For the time being, the USD is relatively strong and stable, so that gives BitShares an unique advantage over other cryptos and a tremendous opportunity to quickly grow its user base. But that advantage won't last forever. BitUSD can be copied by others, and its appeal to the masses is predicated on the perception that USD is a stable, safe store of value.

We must strike while the iron is hot. That means getting BitUSD gateways/ramps ASAP.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
I think our best candidate for an early western fiat onramp/gateway will be ccedk.com. They're basically _the_ nubits exchange and seem to be very proactive and eager to seek out new business. They're in denmark and clearly regulated so goxing won't be an issue. Once we know when 1.0 will be ready we can gather a group of market makers and approach them to see if they're interested in issuing CCEDKUSD and CCEDKEUR.

Their website is a mess and they charge a 1% fee for USD deposits over SWIFT at the moment, but they're a new company and I think they can be reasoned with. Unlike other exchanges we can expect them to have an understanding attitude towards us and be willing to put in the extra amount of work it will require to become the first bitshares fiat gateway.

I can reach out to them about this in the beginning of jan.

Please CC me in this!
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline Rune

• View Profile
I think our best candidate for an early western fiat onramp/gateway will be ccedk.com. They're basically _the_ nubits exchange and seem to be very proactive and eager to seek out new business. They're in denmark and clearly regulated so goxing won't be an issue. Once we know when 1.0 will be ready we can gather a group of market makers and approach them to see if they're interested in issuing CCEDKUSD and CCEDKEUR.

Their website is a mess and they charge a 1% fee for USD deposits over SWIFT at the moment, but they're a new company and I think they can be reasoned with. Unlike other exchanges we can expect them to have an understanding attitude towards us and be willing to put in the extra amount of work it will require to become the first bitshares fiat gateway.

I can reach out to them about this in the beginning of jan.

Offline xh3

• View Profile
    • Bit-Cents

Offline Mysto

• View Profile
Anyway, I do appreciate the more pragmatic view we get from you Toast.

Happy Holidays all!
^^^

Ggozzo

So, I don't really like using Coinbase or Circle

and lots of Bitcoiners don't like to use them either.
If you read today's bitoin reddit:
Coinbase cancelled my BTC purchase after transferring from bank, when price went up $23!
3rd one from the top, lots of commentors saying to avoid coinbase: https://www.reddit.com/r/bitcoin

I can't wait for the BitUSD onramp, I'm sure a lot of Bitcoin users will use it to purchase BTC on Bitshares. Especially if you can use a debit card to buy BitUSD and then buy BTC.

I have no problems with coinbase. I even have an automated weekly buy set up with them. My only problem is the ten act play to get from dollars to BTS.

Onramps like coinbase or circle are not coming for a long time. Onramps for small amounts of USD with CC or phone are a possibility.

BTC gateways are still the lowest-hanging fruit for bringing people in.

I think a lot of us here were under the impression this was in the more "coming super soon" pipeline rather than "not coming for a long time".

Anyway, I do appreciate the more pragmatic view we get from you Toast.

Happy Holidays all!

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
So, I don't really like using Coinbase or Circle

and lots of Bitcoiners don't like to use them either.
If you read today's bitoin reddit:
Coinbase cancelled my BTC purchase after transferring from bank, when price went up $23!
3rd one from the top, lots of commentors saying to avoid coinbase: https://www.reddit.com/r/bitcoin

I can't wait for the BitUSD onramp, I'm sure a lot of Bitcoin users will use it to purchase BTC on Bitshares. Especially if you can use a debit card to buy BitUSD and then buy BTC.
+5%
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile

On/off ramps are a must in my opinion. I know its easier said than done.
It all comes back to ease of use though. If i can swipe a debit card to spend/save it then it sells itself.

I think i heard someone mention that we are trying to get included on the BTC ATMs and there was a debit card in the works.

M

You remembered correctly ........
 :-X
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline mike623317

• View Profile

On/off ramps are a must in my opinion. I know its easier said than done.
It all comes back to ease of use though. If i can swipe a debit card to spend/save it then it sells itself.

I think i heard someone mention that we are trying to get included on the BTC ATMs and there was a debit card in the works.

M

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
they are being worked on
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag