Author Topic: [Announcement]BitShares PLAY Crowdfunding  (Read 19230 times)

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
WOW great start  +5%

40min = 160 BTC = $ 43,049.64

bam!

Congratz to PLAY team
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 12:40:33 am by cass »
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
+5% storing the funds in bitUSD, bitGOLD or bitCNY seems like a good idea, it will provide stability in regard to the invested funds and it is a great use-case to illustrate that market pegged assets work!
if they dare let them deal only with BTC :P

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 997D

Offline vladvlad

• View Profile
 +5% storing the funds in bitUSD, bitGOLD or bitCNY seems like a good idea, it will provide stability in regard to the invested funds and it is a great use-case to illustrate that market pegged assets work!

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
Well they could always collect the crowd fund in BTC and then store it in BitCNY.   This will do the most for BTS. 

Days like today are a good example of why storing the proceeds of a crowd sale in BTC is a problem.

Totally agreed. Great idea.
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
Well they could always collect the crowd fund in BTC and then store it in BitCNY.   This will do the most for BTS. 

Days like today are a good example of why storing the proceeds of a crowd sale in BTC is a problem.

I agree 100% with this idea/logic but I would recommend bitGOLD instead !!!  (even the investors would be impressed!!!)

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Agreed. The best way to support BTS may be not honoring BTC in PLAY but using bitAssets such as bitUSD and bitCNY for crowdfunding.

I agree. But only if this is possible with current limitations.

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
Agreed. The best way to support BTS may be not honoring BTC in PLAY but using bitAssets such as bitUSD and bitCNY for crowdfunding.
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
+5 for accepting all (BTC,bitUSD,bitBTC, BTS)

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 997D

Offline fuzzy

So... January 5 to February 2, yet another period in which BTS will not go up, because the bitshares community is spending their money on yet another crowdsale instead of buying BTS.

You are missing one vital fact....

ANY development that is made and works with the BitShares PLAY Chain will be easily transferrable to infrastructure that can be used by BTS.  So your point is actually kind of wrong.  If we had a 1000 altchains each with only a few serious Developers, they would still be essentially working part time for BTS, free of charge. 

This isn't even talking about the HUGE demographic of future BitShares Users that PLAY could funnel in after it has grown enough.  I am constantly floored by how many people see devs who want to build infrastructure for DPOS (just not under the main chain) as a threat.  I see them as a blessing--ESPECIALLY if they are sharedropping on us.

They'd be a lot more of a blessing if they accepted bitUSD and bitCNY for their crowdfunding.

Wouldn't it be fair to say this might be a significant hindrance if the wallet is still buggy for the majority of users? 

I can see something like an AGS style campaign where people can choose to invest BTC OR bitUSD, but until the wallet is polished and easy for every user, all I see is a bunch of new people having too difficult a time to invest and simply choosing not to.

Yes, I meant bitUSD and bitCNY in addition to BTC for the crowdfunding would optimize the ecosystem benefits.

This might be a good idea.  Still concerned that wallet is buggy at the moment though.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline onceuponatime

So... January 5 to February 2, yet another period in which BTS will not go up, because the bitshares community is spending their money on yet another crowdsale instead of buying BTS.

ANY development that is made and works with the BitShares PLAY Chain will be easily transferrable to infrastructure that can be used by BTS.  So your point is actually kind of wrong.  If we had a 1000 altchains each with only a few serious Developers, they would still be essentially working part time for BTS, free of charge. 

This isn't even talking about the HUGE demographic of future BitShares Users that PLAY could funnel in after it has grown enough.  I am constantly floored by how many people see devs who want to build infrastructure for DPOS (just not under the main chain) as a threat.  I see them as a blessing--ESPECIALLY if they are sharedropping on us.

They'd be a lot more of a blessing if they accepted bitUSD and bitCNY for their crowdfunding.

Wouldn't it be fair to say this might be a significant hindrance if the wallet is still buggy for the majority of users? 

I can see something like an AGS style campaign where people can choose to invest BTC OR bitUSD, but until the wallet is polished and easy for every user, all I see is a bunch of new people having too difficult a time to invest and simply choosing not to.

Yes, I meant bitUSD and bitCNY in addition to BTC for the crowdfunding would optimize the ecosystem benefits.

Offline fuzzy

Offline onceuponatime

Offline fuzzy