Author Topic: [Announcement]BitShares PLAY Crowdfunding  (Read 19024 times)

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
So... January 5 to February 2, yet another period in which BTS will not go up, because the bitshares community is spending their money on yet another crowdsale instead of buying BTS.

Spoiler for you: it won't be money from the BTS community that drives up the price. Who here isn't already all-in on BTS? We won't see major increases in the BTS price until money starts coming in from outside.
Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
So... January 5 to February 2, yet another period in which BTS will not go up, because the bitshares community is spending their money on yet another crowdsale instead of buying BTS.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline fuzzy

Is it safe to say that this would be a good topic for the next hangout? 

Before we agree to bring it up, however, it is important that we say one thing:  If you have a complaint about how something is done, as opposed to trying to simply put it down, try to find a better alternative. 

For instance,
I think a crowdsale using bitBTC/bitUSD/bitCNY is a GREAT idea.  It helps with the problem Toast sees, which is everyday users who do not yet realize how many BitShares chains there are going to be, saying "why is bitshares always doing crowdsales?  haven't they done ____x already?" because then these people actually have to enter into the bitshares ecosystem to send money to the project.  In this process it becomes apparent you are sending to a separate project outside the bitshares flagship DAC. 

WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube

If you are going to do a crowd sale it should be in BitCNY / BitUSD.   BTC is nice and liquid but is volatile and doesn't help the ecosystem nor help advertize the advantages of your base platform.

All of that said, I think you are much better off avoiding the crowd sale all together and returning all funds received.   From a regulatory perspective it is just too messy and adds unnecessary risk when we now have the option of funding via delegate pay.   In fact, from a regulatory perspective it would be wiser to launch a simple token like PTS and allocate 20% to you to sell as necessary to fund your operation and then upgrade. 

Delegate pay should also be a means to fund operation.

I do understand that BTC is a good crowd funding system because it can attract NEW money from OUTSIDE BTS which is much more than attempting to attract money from INSIDE BTS.   In fact raising money in BitUSD would probably result in them dumping all the funds raised for BTC so they can sell for CNY and fund operations.   So whether we do it or they do it, BTS must be dumped to invest in PLAY unless the developers of PLAY have incentive to hold BTS.

BM has highlighted the regulatory risks with crowd funding and it is wise to avoid it.  There are other ways to fund the project without getting into trouble with the law.
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline matt608

• View Profile
BTC is a better way than BTS or bitUSD for crowdfunding, because there are far more BTC users than BTS. Basically, if you are only a BTS holder, you don't need to invest PLAYSHARES, because PLAYSHARES will be distributed to BTS freely.  These 20% of PLAYSHARE is targeted more to BTC users, IMHO.

+5%

The more funds Play raises in the crowdfunding found, the more the sharedropped stake on BTS will be worth.  Not much investment will come from BTS as we already have a big stake, but lots of support will come from us.  Lets support the crowdfund to help PLAY get enough funding to be a success.

Join up to the forum on http://playtalk.org

sumantso

BTC is a better way than BTS or bitUSD for crowdfunding, because there are far more BTC users than BTS. Basically, if you are only a BTS holder, you don't need to invest PLAYSHARES, because PLAYSHARES will be distributed to BTS freely.  These 20% of PLAYSHARE is targeted more to BTC users, IMHO.

BTS holders are the primary ones who will be contributing. Besides, making BitUSD allows to avoid reduce tax hassles and also contribute to improving the peg and adoption.

Offline kuwaitee

• View Profile
+5%
+5% 8)

Offline joele

• View Profile
+5%

Offline jwiz168

• View Profile
BTC is already synonymous to cryptocurrency . But we want to have Bitshares to be known to all digital asset investors audience. Specially the gaming industry where Playshares will be at focused. Bitshares has the platform to convert fiat to BTS via BTC.  This is the way to make bitshares client actively doing the exchanges. It's fast and decentralized. Many will realize and appreciate how fast and secure DPOS can be. Transactions between DPOS blockchains are seamless and as most developers of Bitshares platform are convincing all along eliminate the middleman.  I don't mean to change the plan of BTC crowdfunding. Im just convinced that for Bitshares to potentially have much advantage over BTC  when crowdfunding occur with the same DPOS platform. 

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
BTS committee member:jademont

Offline kickky

• View Profile
1/130000 = 0.0000076923 btc

my questions is 1 pls seems to be worth a lot less with 20 billion.

so if ppl donate for the crowdfunding, it's more likely that they will not gain profits? am i rite?
花爷PTS钱包地址:PmUahfrEvADd7KewwpcZwNBg6LNGgzCyAG
花爷比特币钱包地址:1Ggfyb5HN6Eb7S5j3zax3NpQ4V6ZWStHeh

Offline islandking

• The king of the island
    • View Profile
This sucks...won't send a penny to you.

Mitao will piss in anyone cheerios on any day and provide no reasons.  I have come to see him as a true gem in this community.  Follow his cryptic words of wisdom, taste the urine as you crunch another spoonful into your mouth...or just ignore him :)

Haha! Interesting analogy.
I've been working on a new electronic cash system that's fully peer-to-peer, with no trusted third party. - Satoshi

Offline fuzzy

Mitao will piss in anyone cheerios on any day and provide no reasons.  I have come to see him as a true gem in this community.  Follow his cryptic words of wisdom, taste the urine as you crunch another spoonful into your mouth...or just ignore him :)
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
Is DACX reliable? Remember an example of Syscoin; they got screwed by moolah and long and wasting law case is still on process.

Regarding technical problem of TITAN, I partially agree on this. But I still believe that accepting bitCNY or bitUSD is better than BTC if the problem can be solved or abated.
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline mitao

• View Profile