Author Topic: Becoming a dev  (Read 1234 times)

Offline RenaudGagne

• View Profile
Quote from: toast
There's no books or exercises to help you build a DAC because nobody has done it before. The best exercise is to pick an issue on the github and dive in:  https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares/issues

That said, your listed skills are desperately needed too! Getting paid by a delegate to do what you're good at might be good to keep you interested while you catch up to speed in the code.

Thanks Toast! To an extent if I were to participate in one I would use the delegate money as an ad budget until I can see organic network effect.

Is C++ is the language I need to learn?

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Hey everyone!

I am really having a blast about bitshares technology and I realize that code speak louder than words.

Im auto didactic and would like to learn how to build a DAC. Where do you start? What book and what would be good exercises to sharpen the skill?

My main skillset in my life is marketing and driving traffic through ads and creating sales funnels and would like to team up for a future P2P Lending DAC. But like I said, talk is cheap compare to code. :-)

There's no books or exercises to help you build a DAC because nobody has done it before. The best exercise is to pick an issue on the github and dive in:  https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares/issues

That said, your listed skills are desperately needed too! Getting paid by a delegate to do what you're good at might be good to keep you interested while you catch up to speed in the code.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline RenaudGagne

• View Profile
Hey everyone!

I am really having a blast about bitshares technology and I realize that code speak louder than words.

Im auto didactic and would like to learn how to build a DAC. Where do you start? What book and what would be good exercises to sharpen the skill?

My main skillset in my life is marketing and driving traffic through ads and creating sales funnels and would like to team up for a future P2P Lending DAC. But like I said, talk is cheap compare to code. :-)