Author Topic: BitGold & BitSilver / Wallet  (Read 1988 times)

Offline mike623317

• View Profile
I bought BTS on the exchange, sent it to my account in the wallet you download and then purchased bitgold.

I think this is great. Where else can you save in gold and silver and earn interest on it?

Welcome.

Offline ybcstyle

Thanks so much really appreciate the information.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
Hello and welcome!

You can not purchase any bitassets (bit silver and bitgold) from bter yet. You will probably be able to do so in the future when other gateways start implementing bitassets. From bter you can only purchase bitusd and from btc38 bitcny i think.

You can get bitgold, bitsilver,bitoil,bitusd,bitbtc etc from bitshares client. The latest version of the wallet can be found here https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares/releases/tag/v0.4.27.2

The above wallet is for BTS the bank exchange. For Play and Music there will be seperate wallets but these haven't launched yet.
Music allocation is done.
For Play you can participate in their IPO for the remaining Play shares following this link https://playtalk.org/index.php?topic=21.0

Hope I was of assistance feel free to ask anything else.

Offline ybcstyle

Hello everyone,

I am totally new to using Bitshares and I am trying to get accustomed to using this platform. I  am interested in purchasing the BitGold & BitSilver assets that track those particular metal prices through Bitshares but I am unable to find those particular items on bter.com trading platform. Is there something I am missing or do they not exist anymore? Or perhaps they are listed on a different exchange?   Second, I downloaded the wallet from bitshares.org website but on bter I noticed each DAC that is listed also shows a "download wallet". Do you need a separate wallet for each DAC you decide to purchase shares from?  Or is the wallet from bitshares.org  all I need to make purchases? Forgive my level of knowledge on this just want to make sure I understand.  Any assistance or advice you could give would be great. Thanks