Author Topic: Account registration faucet for new users!  (Read 12242 times)

Offline z0rz0rz0r

can somebody please register my account?

I'm trying to retreive my investment from the genesis block using my bitcoin private key.

BTS89w2Mhm6UoGn2nbwih6iLWPnModkdZWmADTA1PWHhuzwdtTmtH

Offline keewee

• View Profile
Hmmm, bear with me as this is the first time I've ever run the client and I'm a little confused.
Woops. Sorry.

Welcome to the community, btw :D

After choosing a name I click to register. This takes me to the faucet to get 0.5BTS for the registration. At this point I use my twitter login to authorize the faucet to pay the 0.5BTS. The faucet then splashes up a big red error with the message I described, like it didn't like the name I had chosen. I'm not sure how to proceed. The username is simply 7 lowercase letters. Do I need to choose a different name? How do I reset the client if this is the case?
Issue is the follow: There will (certainly) be a transition to BitShares2.0 which uses a totally different Software and Technology. It will also allow handing over account names which was IMPOSSIBLE in BitShares0.9.
However, as in BTS0.9 account names are dirty cheap, and the devs don't want people to squatter the account names and make the transition to bts2.0 more expensive, the defined the rule that only "low quality" names will be moved over to bts2.0 unaltered. The faucet will prevent you to register any "more valuable" account names at this stage.
I recommend to just wait and register your account name in BTS2.0 or register a longer "less valuable" account name.

More clear now?

Yes, I think I understand. And as a test I simply prefixed the name I chose with "bts-" and the faucet accepted it. Unfortunately I have 0 connections to the network so the client hasn't updated my status however this will be a question for another section of the forum. Thanks  :)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Hmmm, bear with me as this is the first time I've ever run the client and I'm a little confused.
Woops. Sorry.

Welcome to the community, btw :D

After choosing a name I click to register. This takes me to the faucet to get 0.5BTS for the registration. At this point I use my twitter login to authorize the faucet to pay the 0.5BTS. The faucet then splashes up a big red error with the message I described, like it didn't like the name I had chosen. I'm not sure how to proceed. The username is simply 7 lowercase letters. Do I need to choose a different name? How do I reset the client if this is the case?
Issue is the follow: There will (certainly) be a transition to BitShares2.0 which uses a totally different Software and Technology. It will also allow handing over account names which was IMPOSSIBLE in BitShares0.9.
However, as in BTS0.9 account names are dirty cheap, and the devs don't want people to squatter the account names and make the transition to bts2.0 more expensive, the defined the rule that only "low quality" names will be moved over to bts2.0 unaltered. The faucet will prevent you to register any "more valuable" account names at this stage.
I recommend to just wait and register your account name in BTS2.0 or register a longer "less valuable" account name.

More clear now?

Offline keewee

• View Profile
Hi,

I am getting a message "this faucet supports only cheap names (containing any number or . _ characters or not containing vowels a e i o u y) registration. Please try a different name."
As I already chose a name when I set up the client, how can I continue the registration? My public key is BTS5J2tduRjS9PUG7d2o88LVscPhK8g7A5En7r6FtRZxMFGxj75ei

Thanks

From https://bitshares.org/blog/2015/06/08/migrating-to-bitshares-2.0/
Under BitShares 2.0, accounts are transferable and have different prices based upon the “quality” of the account name. Any “premium” names registered on or after 2015-06-08 (US Eastern time) will be given the prefix “bts-“ or similar after the migration.

Update: All account names registered on or after 2015-06-18 (US Eastern time) will be migrated if and only if they were registered using the BitShares Faucet.

Hmmm, bear with me as this is the first time I've ever run the client and I'm a little confused. After choosing a name I click to register. This takes me to the faucet to get 0.5BTS for the registration. At this point I use my twitter login to authorize the faucet to pay the 0.5BTS. The faucet then splashes up a big red error with the message I described, like it didn't like the name I had chosen. I'm not sure how to proceed. The username is simply 7 lowercase letters. Do I need to choose a different name? How do I reset the client if this is the case?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Hi,

I am getting a message "this faucet supports only cheap names (containing any number or . _ characters or not containing vowels a e i o u y) registration. Please try a different name."
As I already chose a name when I set up the client, how can I continue the registration? My public key is BTS5J2tduRjS9PUG7d2o88LVscPhK8g7A5En7r6FtRZxMFGxj75ei

Thanks

From https://bitshares.org/blog/2015/06/08/migrating-to-bitshares-2.0/
Under BitShares 2.0, accounts are transferable and have different prices based upon the “quality” of the account name. Any “premium” names registered on or after 2015-06-08 (US Eastern time) will be given the prefix “bts-“ or similar after the migration.

Update: All account names registered on or after 2015-06-18 (US Eastern time) will be migrated if and only if they were registered using the BitShares Faucet.

Offline keewee

• View Profile
Hi,

Thanks

Offline Ray

• View Profile
Here is my public key: BTS57nA4XzHMJMeDD3q35dXyxxhRqxnGX7mFrTY8dK2w5HUVMWHQV

Thank you!

Offline karnal

• View Profile
Please consider implementing https://github.com/BitShares/web_services/issues/24

I'm not sure most new users realize it's a fully transparent account that they're registering!...

Offline valzav

• View Profile
It should take just one block - 10 seconds. Could you check it again? Maybe this was some temporary connectivity issue.

Offline codeman

• View Profile
  • BitShares: codeman
How long does registration take to show up? I did it through faucet.bitchares and it's been a while

BTS5j1xGBEAZVTxgT8aRQHDszrf8cpDvZpE7mvrvzTeFizbANDXWM

Offline valzav

• View Profile
Yxine, arasrinivasan,
There were some issues with the faucet while we were transferring it to https, now it it should work properly, but just in case I'm sending you a few BTS so you can register your accounts yourself.

Offline Yxine

• View Profile
Hi there!

I'm from Maks!
Here's my open key: BTS6uJLTUgEtd9tEsVAm5VWsyyqp2JyjybnE7dAP4g3jQQtgCNU6m

Offline arasrinivasan

• View Profile
Site doesn't works to me :/
I tried with all the services and I get:
"
We're sorry, but something went wrong.
If you are the application owner check the logs for more information.
"

I get the exact same message too. PubKey: BTS5uf1oEGUvxgu7QGuuzttJY6AvMuzdRiTvPpypUPkxBetB3R1nJ

Can someone help me get registered? Thanks.

Offline megadeth92

Site doesn't works to me :/
I tried with all the services and I get:
"
We're sorry, but something went wrong.
If you are the application owner check the logs for more information.
"
Account: jdroa92

chryspano

Anyone else with malwarebytes saying that it blocked a malicious website when opening or refreshing  this thread? or it's just me?