You are souring but do not despair,
something urgent is taking root.

Spoiled Prescience No More: 60 Days.

Fire on whim and cavalcade,
Quixotic quest for all - Miranda!

Offline bitmarket

• View Profile
    • BitShares TV

We're both considerably more pro-PoS than the vast majority of the bitcoin community and I do think DPOS is one of the better approaches and does not have glaring incentive incompatibility holes like many of the other algos that are currently in use.

What is the time stamp for this. I could not find it?
Host of BitShares.TV and Author of BitShares 101

Offline fuzzy

Is it just me or was there a brilliant idea lurking inside this tl;dr wall of text?

How much would you pay the leader of Planet Ethereum to declare BTS “scam free?”

We deleted our last thread (out of embarrassing disgust) where we asked: how much we (as independent BitShare voters) should offer Vitalik as a reciprocal “thanks man” for essentially certifying the math behind Dan's BitShares technology as scam/ponzi-free through his recent public math discussion that ended without scam/ponzi criticism and also via some kind words here as well:

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=12545.0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPsCGvXyrP4
(51:15)

Vitalik's been pumping us since September, and now he is openly discussing crypto theory on the BitShares forum (without scam/ponzi accusations).

By logic, this is victory by default, and nobody is underscoring or publicly acknowledging it?

Here, let us direct your marketing department for free, pro bono-like:

Print us 1000 T-Shirts that say:

We're both considerably more pro-PoS than the vast majority of the bitcoin community and I do think DPOS is one of the better approaches and does not have glaring incentive incompatibility holes like many of the other algos that are currently in use.

He said this for free?!  We owe him nothing in return?! 

Brian couldn't buy this kind of press!

Vitalik basically just gave us his “Ethereal mathematical scam/ponzi-free certification of approval.”  What other coin or tech group in our space has received such a prestigious honor?  Does this seem like the typical action of someone who some would consider our number 1 competitor?  No, we are obviously not Vitalik's competitor (in his eyes), otherwise he would not be publicly validating the math behind our product as long as the: “BitShares is a scam/ponzi” meme permeates our industry.

What is it worth to you to remove this ponzi FUD that surrounds us?  And who could actually pull it off by himself?  Only someone who is known for their math knowledge and is well respected in the space.

Accepting our “Ethereum Certified as Ponzi/Scam-Free Award” does require us to compensate Vitalik publicly (to cement the accolade) since he publicly validated our math.  Once the word spreads that the BitShares public blockchain paid Vitalik for this public math proof (validation), then nobody will ever need to wonder if BTS is a ponzi/scam again.  To refuse to make this into a story ensures yet another year of trying to convince noobs that BTS is not a scam.

The “BTS is a math scam” accusations are our number 1 marketing hurdle that our last marketing man never cleared (not his fault, we couldn't have done it either, because very few have the serious math credibility in this space required to pull off such a superhuman feat).  Then along comes Vitalik, who completes this task in an afternoon.  That public gesture of his just wiped out more FUD in 1 week than Brian could erase in a year, and we can't even send him a public display of affection in return?!

I would love to bring Vitalik onboard in some way, or offer him a delegate position (or two).  However, offering to pay him outright makes both him and us look bad.  I don't want that for either side personally.  Then the question becomes...what else can we do but offer delegate pay? 
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan

How much would you pay the leader of Planet Ethereum to declare BTS “scam free?”

We deleted our last thread (out of embarrassing disgust) where we asked: how much we (as independent BitShare voters) should offer Vitalik as a reciprocal “thanks man” for essentially certifying the math behind Dan's BitShares technology as scam/ponzi-free through his recent public math discussion that ended without scam/ponzi criticism and also via some kind words here as well:

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=12545.0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPsCGvXyrP4
(51:15)

Vitalik's been pumping us since September, and now he is openly discussing crypto theory on the BitShares forum (without scam/ponzi accusations).

By logic, this is victory by default, and nobody is underscoring or publicly acknowledging it?

Here, let us direct your marketing department for free, pro bono-like:

Print us 1000 T-Shirts that say:

He said this for free?!  We owe him nothing in return?! 

Brian couldn't buy this kind of press!

Vitalik basically just gave us his “Ethereal mathematical scam/ponzi-free certification of approval.”  What other coin or tech group in our space has received such a prestigious honor?  Does this seem like the typical action of someone who some would consider our number 1 competitor?  No, we are obviously not Vitalik's competitor (in his eyes), otherwise he would not be publicly validating the math behind our product as long as the: “BitShares is a scam/ponzi” meme permeates our industry.

What is it worth to you to remove this ponzi FUD that surrounds us?  And who could actually pull it off by himself?  Only someone who is known for their math knowledge and is well respected in the space.

Accepting our “Ethereum Certified as Ponzi/Scam-Free Award” does require us to compensate Vitalik publicly (to cement the accolade) since he publicly validated our math.  Once the word spreads that the BitShares public blockchain paid Vitalik for this public math proof (validation), then nobody will ever need to wonder if BTS is a ponzi/scam again.  To refuse to make this into a story ensures yet another year of trying to convince noobs that BTS is not a scam.

The “BTS is a math scam” accusations are our number 1 marketing hurdle that our last marketing man never cleared (not his fault, we couldn't have done it either, because very few have the serious math credibility in this space required to pull off such a superhuman feat).  Then along comes Vitalik, who completes this task in an afternoon.  That public gesture of his just wiped out more FUD in 1 week than Brian could erase in a year, and we can't even send him a public display of affection in return?!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 05:18:49 am by Stan »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline fuzzy

"We're offering"   "We relinquished"   "if we register"  "we've taken"

How many of you are there?

Anyway, I suggest your new id should be:  Out-of-Many...One

Lol..

I like him. Wish he'd join the playtalk forums too. He (they?) entertain me in a good way...not to mention tend to lean philosophically in the same direction I do.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 04:10:44 am by fuzzy »

Offline onceuponatime

"We're offering"   "We relinquished"   "if we register"  "we've taken"

How many of you are there?

Anyway, I suggest your new id should be:  Out-of-Many...One

Offline mira

• View Profile
I never did like fill in the blank quizzes, so I'm out of the running. 

Some of the recent forum activity has brought to my mind lyrics that, like your identity, are worth resurrecting:

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/deadkennedys/chickenshitconformist.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9wo5uqHAHc
Where's the common cause
 Too many factions
 Safely sulk in their shells
 Agree with us on everything
 Or we won't help with anything
 That kind of attitude
 Just makes a split grow wider

Guess who's laughing while the world explodes
 When we're all crybabies
 Who fight best among ourselves

We never do make it this far, and from here we can only make it up as we go (and as fast as we can).  Art happens over time.  The faster you go, the cooler it looks.  All art is, is love.  What do you love, that is your art, and now how fast will you allow it to flow through you?  You are the valve that regulates its power.  When you're in love and you're in a moment, you're in it forever and that's why we must fork off right here.

Thank you for this bit. ^^               Reading it made my day.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 08:25:12 am by mira »

Offline fuzzy

I've never been a hater of Vitalik.  Absolutely never.  I actually have a great deal of respect for him.  However, the model Ethereum has taken leaves much to be wanted...it's kind of like Ripple with a crowdsale.  I honestly have no clue why Vit is still there.  I consider him above it...

Of course with all those cameras and all that fawning--and being looked at like the new Mark Zuckerberg does have its draw.  Of course Facebook is admittedly a CIA front:  http://www.globalresearch.ca/facebook-the-cia-conspiracy/12685
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 08:08:03 am by fuzzy »

Offline BitcoinJesus2.O

• View Profile
bts
 :)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 05:47:59 am by BitcoinJesus2.O »