Author Topic: Azealia Banks and Bitshares Music / PeerTracks  (Read 2909 times)

Offline Philogus

• View Profile
What did you say in your youtube message if you don't mind me asking?

I don't remember the exact wording, but I basically said that I admire her work, and I understand her frustration with the way that the traditional music industry works.  I told her that I think that her talents and following seem to me to be a perfect fit for the PeerTracks concept.  I included a link to the Bitcoins and Gravy interview.

Offline christo

• View Profile
What did you say in your youtube message if you don't mind me asking?

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
Did you get a chance to write her?

Hi Delulo!
Yes  I did.  I sent her a message via Youtube.   I haven't received a reply yet, but she seems like the perfect artist for PeerTracks: extremely talented, but with a fearlessness that I think would attract a really huge following.  Hopefully, she'll hear about PeerTracks and check us out.
Sounds good, thanks for taking the time!

Offline Philogus

• View Profile

Hi Delulo!
Yes  I did.  I sent her a message via Youtube.   I haven't received a reply yet, but she seems like the perfect artist for PeerTracks: extremely talented, but with a fearlessness that I think would attract a really huge following.  Hopefully, she'll hear about PeerTracks and check us out.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile

Offline Philogus

• View Profile
By the way, Ms. Banks recently gained her freedom from her exploitative record label (http://www.theguardian.com/music/2014/jul/11/azealia-banks-leaves-record-deal-universal), so hopefully, she might see PeerTracks are a good fit for her and her fans.

Offline Philogus

• View Profile
Hello all!

I grew up during the 1980s which I considered to be the last golden era of music, until recent experiences changed my mind.  Azealia Banks is an AMAZING artist that gives me the same goosebumps that I felt when I first heard Michael Jackson and Prince back in 1982/1983. 

Here is one of her most popular songs:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3Jv9fNPjgk

She is captivating.  Whether you love or hate her music, she knows how to grab people's attention.  I just sent her a message on Youtube to let her know about Peertracks.com and BitShares Music (if she has not already heard of them).  I told her that I believe that she would absolutely blow up on PeerTracks.  She has made some statements recently that guarantee her a loyal following.  She said things that were extremely courageous that you NEVER hear from a big artist that has a lot to lose. 

Let's show her some love, and let her know that some of the injustices that she references would be solved by a decentralized music platform where artists CANNOT be exploited.

If you want to hear some of her thoughts on societal issues, this interview is a very good starting point:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFDS-VEEl6w (Notice how many views this video has even though it was only released a few days ago).

Sincerely,
Philogus

« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 07:52:44 pm by Philogus »