Author Topic: How Currency Works Now: An introduction to pegged assets for Bitcoin fans  (Read 1449 times)

Offline cn-members

• View Profile
I read though this article and I think it is great! Moreover, I think you can also address 2 things in it:
1. bitUSD and bitCNY are not just stablecoins. Besides having price stability, bitUSD and bitCNY also have yields for holders (not for issuers in nubits). This could be a good reason why people would choose bitUSD/CNY over other stablecoins (i.e., additional values).

2. In the final section of this article:
Customers will buy stablecoins when they need them, and merchants can sell them upon receipt until they trust them.

In my opinoin, people would buy bitcoins when they need them, and store in stablecoins for the rest of time. It is because bitcoin has price volatility and stablecoins like  bitUSD/CNY have yields. Therefore, bitcoin is only 'a method of transmitting money', as Warren Buffett said, and stablecoins are meant to be kept for longer times.
BTS中文区发言人公共账号,帮助社区有效沟通与交流。
Chinese Community Spokesman Account,to help the effective communication between Chinese and other members of the community.We're not translators to do regular translations , but will help with vital ones as we see fit and available at that time.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
You might wish to mention vitalik's stablecoin ideas and maybe nubits too, so that it is not such a shameless bitshares plug. But of course make it so the reader infers ours is the best ;)
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline logicalgrackle

• View Profile
I plan on submitting this article to /r/Bitcoin and other sites tomorrow morning (UTC-8). I'd love your feedback.

http://logicalgrackle.com/how-currency-works-now.html