Author Topic: Beyond Bitcoin's New Year's Gift [Poll Added]  (Read 4141 times)

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh
  • BitShares: lovejoy
So far the Aye's have it...  8)

I just think it's only sensible, at this time, that we are fully prepared for whatever terrain we must cross.  A community consultant of this nature would not be mutually exclusive with individual delegates securing their own council, but it would act as a resource to those who would come along afterwards, into what is a not so well defined space at this time.

I can't say I think this will be needed indefinitely, but I think at this stage tis wise.

Thanks for all you do fuzzy!

Fantastic, couldn't agree more.....voted Aye!  +5%

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
Fantastic, couldn't agree more.....voted Aye!  +5%

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Well deserved and excellent initiative! Love it.

The blockchain is preemptively protecting itself, a great display of a Distributed Autonomous Creature :)

Happy 2015!

Offline fuzzy

While it is good that we stir up a conversation about how/why a delegate should or should not be, and at what percentage, we have 11 init00 delegates still running. Until such a time as these are replaced by real delegates I'd be open to being a bit more accepting of those with a pitch.

I like the idea of a legal fund in general and trust Fuzzy completely (even though we differ on some core political ideologies). While the previous post stating that we have a ways to go before we are on anyone's radar is valid I don't see a reason to oppose this while their exist init00 delegates.

With the majority of human(ish) delegates still at 3% there is still plenty of margin for 100% delegates before we become "inflationary".

Keep in mind also there is a theoretical hard cap at around 3.7BB BTS even if we have 101 100% delegates.

Most importantly, how can I get my chicken hat?

Edits: grammar, readability.

It's in the mail.  And you will never take my weapon--how do you think we make the chicken hats?
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline Riverhead

While it is good that we stir up a conversation about how/why a delegate should or should not be, and at what percentage, we have 11 init00 delegates still running. Until such a time as these are replaced by real delegates I'd be open to being a bit more accepting of those with a pitch.

I like the idea of a legal fund in general and trust Fuzzy completely (even though we differ on some core political ideologies). While the previous post stating that we have a ways to go before we are on anyone's radar is valid I don't see a reason to oppose this while init00 delegates exist.

With the majority of human(ish) delegates still at 3% there is still plenty of margin for 100% delegates before we become "inflationary".

Keep in mind also there is a theoretical hard cap at around 3.7BB BTS even if we have 101 100% delegates.

Most importantly, how can I get my chicken hat?

Edits: grammar, readability.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 06:13:30 am by Riverhead »

Offline onceuponatime

Im more inclined for Fuzzy to be a delegate that can spend money as he sees fit rather than being a delegate tied to a mandate of setting aside money for a legal dac.

Fuzzy, if you want to be a delegate, just set one up and lobby you can spend money as you see fit, at least you will spend money on projects, rather than not spending money.

Oh....if that is the case:

Winner! Winner! Chicken dinner!

Offline fuzzy

Im more inclined for Fuzzy to be a delegate that can spend money as he sees fit rather than being a delegate tied to a mandate of setting aside money for a legal dac.

Fuzzy, if you want to be a delegate, just set one up and lobby you can spend money as you see fit, at least you will spend money on projects, rather than not spending money.

Oh....if that is the case:

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile

Offline ticklebiscuit

• View Profile
"Invincibility lies in the defense" - The Art of War

My point, precisely.  Of course that is if we really mean what we say when we act like we want to truly change a paradigm to give the power back to each other. If we just want to get rich and "freedom and liberty for all" is just a marketing pitch, then I guess this becomes a different conversation. 

I am receiving quite a bit of negative feedback in other places so I am going to open up a poll for it here on the forums.   

It is up to you guys if I do this now.   

I have added a Poll Above, Please Vote on it to give your opinion.

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=2951.msg39327#msg39327

"I'm betting that bitshares will be successful enough to afford lots of justice."

This^
But I understand the OP. 

Don't forget we have Ron Paul Money coming along too.  Perfect place to setup delegates for our future legal team and the community that grows around them to help.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 09:35:28 pm by ticklebiscuit »

Offline gamey

• View Profile
IMO a bit early to worry about this.  We can save up a pool of money to be spent .. but then there are so many more things to put our efforts into.  We need a variety of delegates before we need a legal defense delegate.

I'm not against the idea in general but the devil is in the details.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline onceuponatime

My point, precisely.  Of course that is if we really mean what we say when we act like we want to truly change a paradigm to give the power back to each other. If we just want to get rich and "freedom and liberty for all" is just a marketing pitch, then I guess this becomes a different conversation. 

I am receiving quite a bit of negative feedback in other places so I am going to open up a poll for it here on the forums.   

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=2951.msg39327#msg39327

"I'm betting that bitshares will be successful enough to afford lots of justice."

Offline fuzzy

« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 08:28:05 pm by fuzzy »

Offline RenaudGagne

• View Profile

Offline fuzzy

BM said theres 67million BTS held which can be used for legal stuff, do we need more? 

I'm currently neutral on this and will need convincing that we need more legal funds before voting for this.

I am pretty sure that these funds are not specifically held for legal fees for individuals within the community.  Rather, I believe they are held to help cover mistakes that may have been made in the lead up and launch of bitshares.  For instance AGS funding, would be useful for this...but someone who makes their own User Issued Asset likely will not have access to them if his/her government comes at them at the behest of a local banking cartel. 

This is just my understanding, but even at that we need ongoing funding and although 67 Million seems like a lot, it certainly isn't going to be enough for years and years of litigation.  For that we need at least one delegate (I think we need more) that constantly pools these funds for future use.

Offline ssjpts

• View Profile
    • 中国BTC
  • BitShares: coolman
i will vote for you.thanks for your great work.
新浪微博:剑指未来BTS
BTC:1Bc7gRGotktBmnNFr3BUUM22HFXCCTyxor
BTSX ID:loves,集大众之爱,待到BTS 500刀,10%回退给捐赠者,10%用于运营,剩余80%用于爱心事业和BTS宣传推广。